The Manchester United Thread

Lazy. I’m sure he’s always in the top 10 CMs of distance covered over a season. I don’t think Pogba is lazy either just inconsistent!
This is a stat i would love to see backed up :D
First thing i found when trying to look was this. Seems from end of 2019 season. 16th distance covered. But atleast 1st at something :giggle:
Mind you this was the season when he was showing class, with 13 goals and 10 assists.
1627392526205.png

First thing i found when trying to look was this. Seems from end of 2019 season. 16th distance covered. But atleast 1st at something :giggle:
Mind you this was the season when he was showing class, with 13 goals and 10 assists.
View attachment 559364
I was talking anoint Neves in regards to distance covered.

View attachment 559364
Is that stat showing that he's lazy or not?

Nah, it just shows he likes to walk alot...
And I wonder, he's 16/79 in terms of distance covered, in a possession dominant team while being teams main creator ( and they usually do not run a lot) Is that a bad thing?
I would like to see top 10 on that list, but can't find one. All I can find is that guy on twitter named Arsene's son tweeted that and media outlets published it as a story ( your usual Mirror, Daily mail, the s*n)

Also, another Twitter stat I can't back up.

:)
If you needed a defender and he was available at that price. Would you be happy for Liverpool to sign him?

No. I think there are far more prudent young French defenders you could get when you consider the outlay (Fee and wages over the contract), who are potentially just as good. If not on a better trajectory.

As noted numerous times on here over the years, I don't think he's the same player without Ramos' dominant leadership alongside him. Which was brought home again when we played a Ramos-less Madrid last season when he was the weak link against an attack in our 6-week mega-dip period that couldn't score for ****.

And that's not to say he's a bad defender. He's very good. Just not top bracket IMHO and that wouldn't justify the big outlay you'd have to make.

*BTW mate, if it helps, they were offered him back in 2019 when he was been hawked around for €60 million I think it was. Not that, that's any slight on Varane, as they identified van Dijk as being what he's proved to be and wouldn't compromise on any player. But maybe relevant to your question.

*EDIT* Having just read his reported wages out of this deal, make that 'no' a bolded NO!!!!! That would put him in the van Dijk/ Salah bracket. Which would be utter madness.

Last edited:
And I wonder, he's 16/79 in terms of distance covered, in a possession dominant team while being teams main creator ( and they usually do not run a lot) Is that a bad thing?
I would like to see top 10 on that list, but can't find one. All I can find is that guy on twitter named Arsene's son tweeted that and media outlets published it as a story ( your usual Mirror, Daily mail, the s*n)

Also, another Twitter stat I can't back up.
Running or walking makes no difference, pity there are no stats on standing still for the squad now that would be an interesting stat to see who really is lazy (other than the GK of course).

I'm thinking those stats would be better displayed in distances covered by method rather than % of time, I'm sure the truth of the matter is that he runs more effectively than he walks.

Haven't seen any wage figures thrown around anywhere. He is currently on 200k a week at RM so you'd bet we'd offer a bump

I did a search and seen a few outlets saying £10.5 million a year. But then others are saying double his Madrid wages. Which going off that, then **** NO!!!!!!!

I think out of what we currently have, Salah is in line to become the highest-paid player in our history and that will be somewhere in the region of £250-280 P/week.

So Varane would rightly be completely off the table.

As a side note, it will be really interesting to see how things go if the PL follows other Country's lead and brings in a cap. Which is looking more and more likely as football is haemorrhaging money left and right with all players and agents are taking out of the game allied to the pandemic hit.

I'm thinking those stats would be better displayed in distances covered by method rather than % of time, I'm sure the truth of the matter is that he runs more effectively than he walks.
Ye I was sarcastic. Those stats are irrelevant.