Hoogewerf

McNeill

Here you go Scouse

Attachments

• 5FC31871-0E6B-4903-AA09-3CE0C1D9AB87.jpeg
    5FC31871-0E6B-4903-AA09-3CE0C1D9AB87.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 88
Rooney vibes!

If Pogba was offered enough money by Manchester United, he would sign to stay. It’s about money. Somebody very close to Pogba said in February that Pogba is absolutely amenable to signing a new contract [with United]. [@AndyMitten] #MUFC

Rooney vibes!

If Pogba was offered enough money by Manchester United, he would sign to stay. It’s about money. Somebody very close to Pogba said in February that Pogba is absolutely amenable to signing a new contract [with United]. [@AndyMitten] #MUFC
So he's looking for 400k a week...no thanks. Rather not retain mercenaries

Here you go Scouse

Ta. Glad that saga is finally cleared up. Appreciated.

I hate that a 16-year-old is already looking after his financial future over anything else. Unsavoury side starting to creep in with kids lately. (Witness Chelsea losing players they never normally would too early as they want everything NOW!).

But that's his prerogative and I wish him all the best in his career going forward.

Do you honestly think the Prem will bring that in?

That's the growing talk. Football's losing too much money to players and agents and it's really beginning to bite and become unsustainable with all the pandemic cutbacks.

City want the book throwing at them as the FA have them bang to rights but they'll get a fine at worst as the PL can't afford to ruin the brand further by punishing one of the biggest financial players. Following La Liga's lead and one or two others would bring things back to a far more sustainable situation.

COVID's bringing all sorts of things to a head

*Edit* is it this window that's the last chance for agents to get big fee's? Don't they go down to a 10% maximum cut from next year? Hence why rats like Raiola are trying to move as many of their players as they can right now.

That's the growing talk. Football's losing too much money to players and agents and it's really beginning to bite and become unsustainable with all the pandemic cutbacks.

City want the book throwing at them as the FA have them bang to rights but they'll get a fine at worst as the PL can't afford to ruin the brand further by punishing one of the biggest financial players. Following La Liga's lead and one or two others would bring things back to a far more sustainable situation.

COVID's bringing all sorts of things to a head

*Edit* is it this window that's the last chance for agents to get big fee's? Don't they go down to a 10% maximum cut from next year? Hence why rats like Raiola are trying to move as many of their players as they can right now.
Yeah your right about agents fees

Clubs will never be amenable to a straight salary cap, they'll claim it'll stop them attracting the biggest talent and competing for the best trophies (unless it's implemented across Europe). Atleast, it won't come from the PL - where you need 2/3rds approval (14 clubs, and new entrants like Villa might not like that either). It might come from the Government, but that'll be a drastic step, and I doubt it'll happen in a hurry.

My guess is, if it comes, it'll be similar to a La Liga style - caps based on revenues generated - which will still be a disparity in what the top clubs pay compared to the others. I still doubt it, though.

Ta. Glad that saga is finally cleared up. Appreciated.

I hate that a 16-year-old is already looking after his financial future over anything else. Unsavoury side starting to creep in with kids lately. (Witness Chelsea losing players they never normally would too early as they want everything NOW!).

But that's his prerogative and I wish him all the best in his career going forward.
I get that financial side creeping in, but a lot of factors also come into play with Chelsea. Youngsters are watching others start playing and improve themselves drastically across the globe with first team football. And looking at Chelsea's loan army, generally, the pathway to the first team is invariably blocked. The youngster moving to Leeds, for example, is also certain because the U23s train with the first team and are directly replaced incase of any injuries. Those things are missing at Chelsea.

Why would the 14 not be in favour of a salary cap? It would protect their future more than anyones surely?

If take La Liga model, then most clubs would be fuud and their salary cap would be tiny and top would push even further ahead.
View attachment 559398

Which would be a silly solution to propose if you wanted to stop haemorrhaging money at the rate football currently is. (Which is hitting FIFA and UEFA hard too. There's a reason England madly kept the Euro's last 4 on and waived a string of restrictions.). You'd be more inclined to look at the MLS model as a workaround surely and adapt it from there? And the more and more American owners come into the game, the more you'd think they'd be inclined to agree/ push for a cap. Even at the bigger clubs.

I cited the likes of La Liga as at least they've made a start in trying to reel things back in.

I don't know. I'd have never thought a cap doable in the greed is GOOD!!!!! league. AKA the PL. But the pandemic hit has really exposed the obscene, unsustainable levels that players and agents are taking out of the game which all falls down when TV revenues and sponsorship etc hit finances to cover that.

*Edit* Interesting read. Appreciated @Bujakaa92. You could certainly see the benefits of incorporating a lot of what La Liga have done.

Last edited: