The Manchester United Thread

Until its not...

CR7 has always stated he'd never join city multiple times. I can't imagine why he'd want to tarnish his legacy at united like that for 2 years max. He won every trophy possible with us so it doesn't make much sense.

Ronaldo has been talked about a lot moving to RM, PSG etc.

CR7 has always stated he'd never join city multiple times. I can't imagine why he'd want to tarnish his legacy at united like that for 2 years max. He won every trophy possible with us so it doesn't make much sense.

Ronaldo has been talked about a lot moving to RM, PSG etc.
Relevance, maybe? I mean, Messi moved to PSG, one of the probable front-runners for major honors, looking at their squad and money. Ronaldo, to remain relevant, of course chooses the one closest in terms of both squad and money.

Although, yeah, the reception when he comes back to OT should be interesting.

But what is up with City's moves? Ronaldo? I understand Harry Kane, since he could play across multiple positions, drop deep, link-up etc. Ronaldo seems like a far-away fit for this City side.

Relevance, maybe? I mean, Messi moved to PSG, one of the probable front-runners for major honors, looking at their squad and money. Ronaldo, to remain relevant, of course chooses the one closest in terms of both squad and money.

Although, yeah, the reception when he comes back to OT should be interesting.

But what is up with City's moves? Ronaldo? I understand Harry Kane, since he could play across multiple positions, drop deep, link-up etc. Ronaldo seems like a far-away fit for this City side.
Not to mention Pep tends to clash with big personalities and his track record with older players isn't great as well.

Forget the backlash he would get when he came back, the response at United's next game will be interesting. If he 'loves' the club so much that may sway his mind again. Let City have their fun paying more for a 36 year old Ronaldo than United did for a fresh faced 17 year old.

So according to Whitwall we could see a CM come in before Tuesday. There’s a good chance of a Dalot/Trippier move.

Solskjaer on Ronaldo: 'We've always had a good communication. Bruno's been talking to him as well and he knows what we feel about him. And if he was ever gonna move away from Juventus he knows we're here.' #mufc

Solskjær: "Cristiano is a legend of this club, the the greatest player of all time if you ask me. I was fortunate enough to play with him. I coached him when I got my job. Let's see what happens. We talk." #mulive

Ole on Greenwood: "He is on the right track - I have had conversations with Gareth, he sees him as a potential England forward. He has taken step-by-step."

Ole on team news:
"Yes, of course. When you have disappointed of dropping points you want game straight away. I think the boys are ready.
"We are still missing Scott, Marcus, Alex, Dean Henderson."

Kinda counters what Ronaldo's PR team put out last week that he was apparently offered To united but united said no. Ball's in his court now

Kinda counters what Ronaldo's PR team put out last week that he was apparently offered To united but united said no. Ball's in his court now
Glazers most likely only got interested since City got involved in the last days. But your right it’s in his court now. And I was surprised Ole didn’t shut it down either

I will be honest it’s not really what we need. I want a CM and a back up RB with Dalot to Dortmund looking likely. But it’s Ronaldo and one of the best 2 players in the world still and deadly finisher.

Glazers going al Brady on this I guess lol.

This is a dumb move, honestly. Get a CM/CDM in the likes of Bissouma/Saul and try for either a Haaland/Lautaro/Vlahovic next year - seems more measured. But star names matter to Glazers, and we have gone behind Ronaldo. Not a fan of this (much as I love Ronaldo), especially if it prevents us from getting that CM over the line.

This is a dumb move, honestly. Get a CM/CDM in the likes of Bissouma/Saul and try for either a Haaland/Lautaro/Vlahovic next year - seems more measured. But star names matter to Glazers, and we have gone behind Ronaldo. Not a fan of this (much as I love Ronaldo), especially if it prevents us from getting that CM over the line.
I agree with you mate but at the same time, I feel I can't stomach seeing CR7 at city...

Manchester United are now frontrunners to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. Negotiations and text exchanges with former team-mates in early hours of this morning appear to have swung the deal in United's favour. Hes now flying into Manchester #MUFC [@MarkOgden_]

United have submitted a contract offer to Cristiano Ronaldo after he spoke to Sir Alex Ferguson this morning. Also spoken with Varane, Bruno, Pogba in the last 24hrs #mufc