The Manchester United Thread

When you say defensive ‘structure’ …..

He literally does think this is 1999 and you can just outscore anyone doesn’t he? 🤦‍♂️
He thinks it's 1999 really. Everything then was improvised, attacking, defending etc. It all came down to desire as well as individual quality to win games back then.

To think of it, I think I finally understand his persistence with the "McFred" midfield: To hide the deficiencies of the entire "system". They both can cover a lot of ground once teams play through our "press". We could have a midfield of Verrati and Jorginho and we'd leak goals. That's why VdB doesn't even get a sniff.

He thinks it's 1999 really. Everything then was improvised, attacking, defending etc. It all came down to desire as well as individual quality to win games back then.

To think of it, I think I finally understand his persistence with the "McFred" midfield: To hide the deficiencies of the entire "system". They both can cover a lot of ground once teams play through our "press". We could have a midfield of Verrati and Jorginho and we'd leak goals. That's why VdB doesn't even get a sniff.
That’s why I’m finally done with him. 3rd season now still making the same mistakes over and over.

McFred all the time in CM while Donny sits on his **** on the bench wasting away. And Pogna gets shifted out left.

stupid subs at stupidity late times in the match. While stubbornly keeping on players that are performing rubbish and have been for a while.

Sticking with the same formation and going away from what originally got him the job and we played our best football under him. And actually suits our players better.

Weird times to rest key players in key matches. He’s gone from 1 extreme to the other with his squad rotation from last season. Last season played the same squad till they couldn’t walk. This season swapping out 11 and 5 players between matches 🤦🏻‍♂️

I agree. He doesn't suit the team and his tactics don't suit our players (unless he completely changes his style). I mentioned it during an earlier conversation last year too and I echo it again, not a fan of Conte at United.

Unfortunately, this is just wrong. Conte does not have a particular tactic or style. He adapts his tactics to fit the players he has. People forget that Chelsea started off very slowly before he switched to 3-4-3 midway and stormed to the title in 16/17 season.

He is literally the perfect manager for United at the moment. Look at his record in revitalizing giant clubs. Thats what he is so good at. Gets the winnning feeling back into the club. Changes the mentality of the players. Gets rid of all the clowns. Players like Bruno and Ronaldo would love playing under him.

So what if he has not lasted long anywhere? Its rare to find managers like Klopp or Guardiola who stick it out for so long. United just seem stuck in perpetual ‘transition’ and ‘building for the long term’ mode atm…

Refresh my memory, how did he play then?
When he first came in it was nearly always 433. And we actually pressed as a unit high up the pitch and moved the ball quacked with more purpose and through the quarters better. We were consistently scoring goals and at the same time became one of the top teams for covering ground in the Prem from one of the worst.

It’s like he got the job and thought oh **** can’t play like that with risk anymore and lose my dream job.

If PSG's match vs Rennes is any indication, Poch might be on the market sooner than we'd expect 🙃

I'd just like if someone from our coaching staff sends a clip of city's first half at anfield to Solkjaer. Their passing clinic and positioning is simply exceptional: making their closest (or joint closest) competitions look like amateurs

Or the way they absolutely outclassed Chelsea last weekend.This City side is capable of absolutely breathtaking performances at times.

So... Who would be better for us (that we could actually sign)?
Should be going after Potter from Brighton imo. Excellent coach and tactically brilliant for Brighton who play very good progressive football with a decent team.

Should be going after Potter from Brighton imo. Excellent coach and tactically brilliant for Brighton who play very good progressive football with a decent team.

Do you really think any of the United players such as Pogba, Varane, Ronaldo and Bruno will respect Potter? The latter two barely even respect Ole!

Do you really think any of the United players such as Pogba, Varane, Ronaldo and Bruno will respect Potter? The latter two barely even respect Ole!
That’s a **** poor reason to not pick a good manager tbh. And all the players you have mentioned are super professional. Strange post.

That’s a **** poor reason to not pick a good manager tbh. And all the players you have mentioned are super professional. Strange post.

This is the sort of reasoning that led to the Moyes debacle. And no professional player goes and enters the mangerial box during the game like Bruno and Ronaldo did.

Dont blame them either for not respecting Ole. Clear as daylight he is out of his depth.

This is the sort of reasoning that led to the Moyes debacle. And no professional player goes and enters the mangerial box during the game like Bruno and Ronaldo did.

Dont blame them either for not respecting Ole. Clear as daylight he is out of his depth.
The Moyes debacle was led by the club letting Fergie choose his replacement one which nearly every United fan questioned and much of the media did also.

Then the absolute clown dug his own hole by instantly sacking the entire back room staff full with top class experienced coaches with years of winning mentality.

Then in the space of 3 windows completely got rid of top class still good winners as players then wasted all his money chasing Fellaini and Mata.

I don’t know which hole you have pulled out the players not respecting Ole from!