The Manchester United Thread

I "miss" people giving **** how this forum looks. Or simply put, moderation.

I'd just like if someone from our coaching staff sends a clip of city's first half at anfield to Solkjaer. Their passing clinic and positioning is simply exceptional: making their closest (or joint closest) competitions look like amateurs

Amateurs is too kind for that first half.

But it helps when said amateurs are that flat they gave every F blue shirt a 10-yard radius to have all the time in the World to do what they wanted.

That’s a **** poor reason to not pick a good manager tbh. And all the players you have mentioned are super professional. Strange post.

Did you just put Pogba and 'super professional' in the same sentence mate? 👀

Forget moderators! We need men in white coats. ToD has officially gone over the edge!

I wonder if Ronaldo even knows who Graham Potter is lol.

Take nothing away from the job he is doing at Brighton but its another level of pressure when you manage a club like United. How many times has it turned out well when a major club gets a manager from the lower PL or other league teams?

Moyes to United was a disaster. Rodgers to Liverpool wasn’t great either. Sarri to Chelsea was terrible. Sarri to Juventus was terrible. Setien to Barcelona was a disaster. Martino to Barcelona was a disaster. The list goes on…

Last edited:
So, soon will be make or break for Ole. 4-5 games against top opponents, lets see how he does.

So, soon will be make or break for Ole. 4-5 games against top opponents, lets see how he does.
The funny thing is he will do well in these games as these teams won’t sit back. Everyone will get giddy and then will lose or draw most games to teams in the bottom half 🤦🏻‍♂️

Take nothing away from the job he is doing at Brighton but its another level of pressure when you manage a club like United. How many times has it turned out well when a major club gets a manager from the lower PL or other league teams?

Moyes to United was a disaster. Rodgers to Liverpool wasn’t great either. Sarri to Chelsea was terrible. Sarri to Juventus was terrible. Setien to Barcelona was a disaster. Martino to Barcelona was a disaster. The list goes on…
Potter would do well to avoid united for now. He was smart enough to know a train wreck when he rejected spurs in the summer.

So I'm no fan of Conte but the calls are growing to sign him

Hypothetically speaking, he'd instantly want a RWB because AWB, once he's out of our half, is as useful as Guardiola's hair shampoo

He's definitely implementing something of either a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. Either way, I can see one of Bruno and/or our wingers suffering for this

He'd likely bin off Martial as well as he doesn't take to kindly to players that sulk.

Formation possibilities could include

3-5-2 (the 3-3-2-2 variant)
------AWB---Maguire----Varane
New RB---Matic/Mcsauce------Shaw/Telles
---------------Fernandes-----Pogba (VdB?).........
--Greenwood/Sancho-----Ronaldo/Rashford

3-5-2 (the 3-4-1-2 variant)
------AWB---Maguire---Varane---
New RB---Matic--Mcsauce--Shaw/Telles
----------------------Fernandes------------------
--Greenwood/Sancho-----Ronaldo/Rashford

3-4-3

------AWB---Maguire---Varane----
New RB---Matic-----Mcsauce---Shaw/Telles
Greenwood/Sancho--Bruno--Ronaldo/Rashford

With Matic losing his legs, he'd likely be shopping for a new DM as well. Something tells me Conte would do wonders with a player like Mctominay (see Victor Moses)

I do prefer Ten Hag if I'm being honest. Atleast I'm sure he'd appreciate Van Der Beek a lot more.

His formation and style of play suits us much better than conte (if Poch isn't available)

Mike Phelan is a vibes merchant with zero tactical intellect so he fits right in.

I always said Fergie made a massive mistake replacing Carlos Queiroz with him.
Ferguson and McLaren said Phelan was a great defensive coach. Maybe he’s just lost you much of the game.