The Manchester United Thread

How bad was today’s display?

The blues seem disappointed not to win which is never a good thing. But they’re delusional at the best of times son yanno …..

The usual, attacking players static for the most part just waiting for someone to take a shot or cross with no United shirt getting to the end of it. AWB ironically created the best chance in the first half for Martial (whom fluffed his header). We were getting consistently winded on the counter by Everton whom created decent opportunities. They exploited the ever growing gap between our two "pivots" and the defensive line.

Honestly, the only thing surprising about the 1st half was us actually scoring when I we never looked like scoring other than one scuffed header

We upped the the tempo for about 15 mins in the 2nd half before Everton predictably scored from a break. Then we huffed and puffed for the rest of the match. Everton could've won it if Tom Davies just took a shot with all that space he had rather than passing it to Mina. I was incensed with this play in particular because of the space he was afforded to begin with.

Ronaldo/Sancho had half chances close to the end but that was about it

Last edited:
The end to push for goals was strange. Everyone was pushed so high. No one dropping back to help Scott get some decent passes going around. Considering how good pass Bruno and Pogba can create for their attackers who have very good movment. Seeing 5 big names pushed so high waiting for Scott and defenders create something for them was just frustrating I assume.

Sums up the game

The end to push for goals was strange. Everyone was pushed so high. No one dropping back to help Scott get some decent passes going around. Considering how good pass Bruno and Pogba can create for their attackers who have very good movment. Seeing 5 big names pushed so high waiting for Scott and defenders create something for them was just frustrating I assume.

Sums up the game

You gotta admit, that was a perfectly executed zig zag

Ole honestly looks grateful to just be in the same dugout as Ronaldo. Sack him off and get Conte in. He’ll make you title challengers instantly. Obvious decision.

Ole honestly looks grateful to just be in the same dugout as Ronaldo. Sack him off and get Conte in. He’ll make you title challengers instantly. Obvious decision.

I know he out up a 93 point season but you honestly think Conte could get 90/95 plus points from a squad thats broke 80 once since Ferguson?

Its really not that simple. There are hierarchy that needs to be respected. Would someone like Conte want to work with football directors at United? I'm afraid Conte creates more problem then he solves.

Its really not that simple. There are hierarchy that needs to be respected. Would someone like Conte want to work with football directors at United? I'm afraid Conte creates more problem then he solves.

Hows respecting the hierachy been working at United since Ferguson left? Zero league titles or Champions Leagues. Never even once has the club looked like genuine title challengers either. For all the money spent, thats atrocious.

Conte would shock the entire system like he did at Juventus and revive the club.

Jup. More often fans only compare gameplay and tactics *how well would our team suit up so we'll with him". But reality there are so many factors what's happening at the background and managers not moving into certain clubs.

Sure Conte tactics could fit very well and improve players, but the clash inside the club could be immense also. But you could never know. Maybe it would work :D

Hows respecting the hierachy been working at United since Ferguson left? Zero league titles or Champions Leagues. Never even once has the club looked like genuine title challengers either. For all the money spent, thats atrocious.

Conte would shock the entire system like he did at Juventus and revive the club.
We can say whatever we want, that structure isn't going to change because of that. You either agree to work with people who Glazers trust or you don't get the job.

Jup. More often fans only compare gameplay and tactics *how well would our team suit up so we'll with him". But reality there are so many factors what's happening at the background and managers not moving into certain clubs.

Sure Conte tactics could fit very well and improve players, but the clash inside the club could be immense also. But you could never know. Maybe it would work :D
Even tactical Conte ain't similar to Solskjaer. Could it work? Maybe, maybe not. There would be period of adjusting for sure. I'm afraid the moment Glazers gave Ole new 3 year deal, he's stuck as a manager till the end of the season. I ain't calling for his head yet, but results are dreadful. Players he has are as good as any.

Ten Hag is my personal favorite. He's playing modern, exciting football and personnel at United is similar to one at Ajax.

I do chuckle at certain United fans who'd claim Conte wouldn't fit this team. I mean, we have a gaffe that doesn't even know what to do with the team. It almost feels as if he just inherited the team 2 months ago and is having to work out his best XI or tactics.

Unacceptable.

Isn't it funny how Conte became what Mourinho used to be, he guarantees trophies and then self implodes within 2 years.

It isn't the same squad however.

It isn't significantly better now either IMHO for the absurd money spent on it but we've had that discussion and it's subjective.

Any club hiring Conte needs to decide if they want to try win now, ala when you madly hire Mourinho who the game has LONG since passed by. Or whether you want to build something for hopefully sustained success.

If it's the former, he's your man. For me, United should be looking at the latter and I think he'd be the worst possible move Utd could possibly make if they made a change. The complete antipathies of what the PE Teacher is that would just muddle things further at a club with absolutely no identity to begin with at present.

The real sad thing is this all probably a moot discussion as top 4 is probably all Ole needs to continue on after this year. Regardless of what the fanbase thinks. That's all the Glazers are arsed about. CL money they can reap off. And the Ronaldo X-factor should guarantee him a top-4 finish.

Whereas when your squad was assembled for more money than anyone else's, with Ronaldo's wages now added to boot, nothing less than winning the League should be acceptable.

It's a horrible situation Utd is in that will never change until the Glazers are gone.