Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

The Manchester United Thread

Dec 13, 2017
what ever you have been smoking stop its not working and yes it has been utter **** since hes been here
Yeah ok😂 when he took over part time and was playing 433 with a balanced midfield we was playing some great stuff going on a winning run that was one of the longest In the clubs history. And went to one of the teams that had the worst distance covered and pressing stats. To one of the top 3 in the league and we were scoring for fun with Pogba being in his best form.
What happened after that **** Knows. It’s like the gift of a full time contract made him completely **** scared to lose his job and went super Mourinho. And **** knows why he went away from a 433!

Yes things have been getting gradually worse and Ole has clearly come to the end of his time here. And his lack of tactical knowledge/experience is showing big time. Especially against low block counter attacking sides. And he should go.

Also under Ole we have turned the squad around while changing the atmosphere at the club were a lot of players wanted to leave under previous managers. It’s another reason I think he needs to go before the constant bad results completely upset player morale.

Also don’t forget under Ole we have been consistently one of the top scorers in the league. Had one of the clubs longest winning runs. Have the longest unbeaten run in the top flight of English football. Also have a very good record of comeback victories. And his his first full season had the best or secondbest record against top 4 sides in the league.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2015
Dec 13, 2017
Oof...seen an article published years ago but this was when he was at Juventus. Juve fans complained Ronaldo often presented a tactical problem. If he's not producing then he's a passenger. Perhaps as the article says, you can't start all of Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and greenwood in one XI. Then there's Rashford, Martial and the forgotten man Cavani
Problem is he needs service he’s had very little at Juve and Utd tbh. But when he has he’s scored. He would be killing it at City!

We defo can’t play all those. I would drop Pogba for Rashford. Have a front 3 of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford. Then a CM 3 of Matic or Mctominey at the base. With VDB and Fernandes

Jan 6, 2015
Problem is he needs service he’s had very little at Juve and Utd tbh. But when he has he’s scored. He would be killing it at City!

We defo can’t play all those. I would drop Pogba for Rashford. Have a front 3 of Ronaldo, Greenwood, Rashford. Then a CM 3 of Matic or Mctominey at the base. With VDB and Fernandes
You want to know my take? I personally think Pep would give Ronaldo the Eto treatment at city. No way would pep allow one player to compromise his entire system. He requires his forwards to press and I don't see him making Ronaldo do that.

Reactions: Theatre of Dreams83

woolly

Jul 23, 2011
We could wallop you 10 and I doubt that happens.

I'll wager anything there is absolutely NO way he's going anywhere this season. As much as he needs to.

What the support may want and what the owners are sound with are two completely different things.

And the only way he goes at the seasons end is if Utd mess up top 4 and cost the Glazers money.

As utterly mad as both moves were, they haven't extend him and Phelan early to turn around and bin them now.

*Edit* @Legend Incredible beat me to it. Great minds and all that. 🍻
But isn't that effectively what they did with Jose .... Give him a contract extension then dump him?

Bujakaa92

Premium
Oct 27, 2017
Oof...seen an article published years ago but this was when he was at Juventus. Juve fans complained Ronaldo often presented a tactical problem. If he's not producing then he's a passenger. Perhaps as the article says, you can't start all of Ronaldo, Bruno, Pogba, Sancho and greenwood in one XI. Then there's Rashford, Martial and the forgotten man Cavani
Does not help Pirlo and Ole are those last two managers Ronaldo has been working with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Legend Incredible
Dec 13, 2017
CL group game at youth level

Team: Vitek, Jurado, Hardley, Mengi, Iqbal, Garnacho, Hansen-Aaroen, Hugill, Shoretire, Mather
Subs: Bennett, Hanbury, Oyedele, Forson, Hoogewerf, Svidersky, Gore

3-1 up at HT (Iqbal, Hugill, Garnacho) but it could be 5-3 with chances. Our defence looks disinterested.

Edit - Outstanding play by Shoretire and Fernandez and a great finish by Forson gives us the goal we’ve deserved this half! 4-1.

Jan 6, 2015
I mean, everyone saw the writing in the wall that Mctominay and Fred would start today given what happened last week.

You can bash those two all you want but they both have the legs to cover alot of ground and somewhat mask the p. poor pressing system we implement