The Manchester United Thread

I'm not an expert but it does seem unlikely Pochettino would give up working with Messi and Neymar to train with once in a millenium talent Jessie Lingard.
He’s not had a great time there and is scrutinised by the media and some fans every week. And has always wanted the United job. And is very close to SAF and speak very often. But there’s no chance getting him till the summer.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67

Mauricio Pochettino is very open to the @ManUtd job. Issues at PSG.

Mauricio Pochettino is open to becoming #mufc manager and it is not out of the question they could get him now as talks set to begin #mulive [@sistoney67]

Mauricio Pochettino is less than happy with the setup at PSG, where his role is essentially first-team coach, with all broader club and footballing issues handled by sporting director Leonardo #mulive [@sistoney67]

Why would they be idiots for doing that in a few years. Perfect like for like replacement. It actually makes perfect sense and how a proper club would plan things.

Because they realize that its a whole different ball game managing a super club like City in the most competitive league in the world to managing Ajax.

Getting good-ish manages just does not work for clubs at the highest level. Chelsea and Juventus tried it with Sarri. Barcelona have tried it with numerous names. United tried it with Moyes and Ole. Liverpool tried it with Rodgers.

Because they realize that its a whole different ball game managing a super club like City in the most competitive league in the world to managing Ajax.

Getting good-ish manages just does not work for clubs at the highest level. Chelsea and Juventus tried it with Sarri. Barcelona have tried it with numerous names. United tried it with Moyes and Ole. Liverpool tried it with Rodgers.
Seems perfect fit for me. I watch Ajax loads and there so similar in the way that Pep has City setup.

We will see how he handles the step up that will eventually come. Cant be that bad as your making out if Pep had him as one of his main guys at Bayern the time he was there.

Will see I guess.

Let’s see 😋 you said Ole will be here till seasons end 😁

One big surprise is one thing.

But it would have to be seismic for Pochetino to swap Paris for even greater disfunction. (It always amuses me that one person starts a rumour, with nothing direct from the person the rumours based on, and then every other ITK (STOP laughing at the back) bounces off the and runs the exact same thing. Zidane not to get the French gig. ten Haag to go straight from the Dutch league to replacing Guardiola at City. And Gerrard to properly turn things at Villa to show he's worthy of switching back to L'pool.

Seems perfect fit for me. I watch Ajax loads and there so similar in the way that Pep has City setup.

We will see how he handles the step up that will eventually come. Cant be that bad as your making out if Pep had him as one of his main guys at Bayern the time he was there.

Will see I guess.

He was the coach of Bayern’s B team. Hardly, one of Pep’s main guys.