The Manchester United Thread

It's a whole other discussion that we don't need to think about until 2024 at the earliest, but if we were to look outside the club for the successor to Jürgen, as of now, he's the only man not currently at the club I'd be all over.
Oh god **** no Scouse id rather brings back Rodgers (yes you heard me) than have poch and his love for signing any physical player with zero technique that can run for days options. Vastly overrated and he would set us back years, wed have sissoko regens playing midfield for us and spending 60 mill on the like of lo celso who cant pass more than 5 yards.

edit: Turned down Bruno and Tielemans to sign the overweight Ndombele and Lo celso.

Last edited:
Oh god **** no Scouse id rather brings back Rodgers (yes you heard me) than have poch and his love for signing any physical player with zero technique that can run for days options. Vastly overrated and he would set us back years, wed have sissoko regens playing midfield for us and spending 60 mill on the like of lo celso who cant pass more than 5 yards.

If you can name me a more like-for-like, person first, players manager with a similar ethos to Jürgen in both how his sides play football and his view on what a football club should be, I'd love to hear of him mate? Who's also massive on youth development and that pathway which we are all about as a club too. FWIW, Lallana for one puts him right up there with Klopp as the best players coach he's ever encountered.

I think you're being ridiculously harsh on his time at Tottenham and being a little economical with how it actually went. But there's no need to revisit all that.

As it happen's, ala what's happening with Edwards, I think we're totally looking to go back to the arl Bootroom philosophy of promoting from within and Pep's being steadily given more responsibility to prepare him for the job so it liable to be a moot discussion regardless.

But the bottom line is who ever Julian Ward, presume he's still the Sporting Director/ GM at the time, deems to be the perfect fit for what we do and stand for, I'm sound with that.

Trust the system.

Last edited:
If you can name me a more like-for-like, person first, players manager with a similar ethos to Jürgen in both how his sides play football and his view on what a football club should be, I'd love to hear of him mate? FWIW, Lallana for one puts him right up there with Klopp as the best players coach he's ever encountered.

I think you're being ridiculously harsh on his time at Tottenham and being a little economical with how it actually went. But there's no need to revisit all that.

As it happen's, ala what's happening with Edwards, I think we're totally looking to go back to the arl Bootroom philosophy of promoting from within and Pep's being steadily given more responsibility to prepare him for the job so it liable to be a moot discussion regardless.
Lallana probably rates him highly because he was the only coach that let him do 50 cryuff spins on the same spot instead of picking a pass out. Took Klopp and the coaches god knows how long to limit him to only 10 cryuff spins on the same spot lmao. All joke aside I don't think he and Klopp have the same ethos (how they counter press is different and the positional play in is different) I got to watch many games at old white hart lane during the Poch era and the great start when he had a team hand-picked for him by Mitchell the DOF at the time and Poch strikes me as the type of manager that if he is left to coach he can be good but once left to his own devices it will go bad quick. His reliance on physical players and consistent bottling is not something I want anywhere near Liverpool. He is in the Rodgers category for me although I rate Rodgers as an excellent coach who improves players, they both need structure above them and both carry the same weaknesses in not being able to get across the line when it matters. Anyway, it doesn't matter because by 2024 the football landscape could be different completely. The one manager who I rate above all is that wizard Potter at Brighton who has punched above his weight and is next up for me.

Mad to me how you can baulk at Pocchetino. But yet want someone cut from the same cloth in Potter. 🤷‍♂️

But this is all moot as we have another 3 season's after this one of Klopp.

At the very least.

Mad to me how you can baulk at Pocchetino. But yet want someone cut from the same cloth in Potter. 🤷‍♂️

But this is all moot as we have another 3 season's after this one of Klopp.

At the very least.
Anyone that can Brighton playing that well with the marauding 7ft full-back in Dan Burn and is stuck with Welbeck and Maupay upfront is a wizard in my eyes.

Fergie was a once-in-a-generation manager. You cant keep hoping that history will repeat itself again. When they arrived, United fans thought Ole or Moyes would be the next Ferguson. Look how that turned out.
Moyes was seen as the logical successor at the time to be fair he just made a hash of it and suffered from the lost of core of the last Fergie team (which to be honest was actually Fergie's fault as he had left an aging team), Ole however, should never have got the job despite his successful start, especially when the board knew Poch was just waiting for the call.

Moyes was seen as the logical successor...
By just Fergie. I can tell you there were a lot of United fans that were pretty underwhelmed by that pick. Granted he did perform minor miracles at Everton given the limited resources, he didn't have the pedigree to manage a top club.

Only logic you could apply is Moyes and Fergie are both Scottish

Moyes was seen as the logical successor at the time to be fair .....

By who exactly? Even Stevie Wonder could see that would be a disaster from the get-go.

He'd not won a thing in a decade at the blueshite. Never won a European game in his life. ****, he got knocked out of two different European competitions in the space of a month at Everton! Which was quite the impressive achievement.

He was nowhere near ready for United. Never mind following an all time Legend. That was the start of the laugh a minute football club they've become. David Moyes Football GENIUS! was born out of that hilarity.

The only person who thought that was Ferguson protecting his legacy by setting his successor up for failure in handpicking him.

Moyes was seen as the logical successor at the time to be fair he just made a hash of it and suffered from the lost of core of the last Fergie team (which to be honest was actually Fergie's fault as he had left an aging team), Ole however, should never have got the job despite his successful start, especially when the board knew Poch was just waiting for the call.
Didn't Fergie have deals lined up for Thiago, Strootman (before the injury woes) and potentially Lewandowski lined up? With Rooney to be moved on. Moyes just dithered and overpaid on ****** Fellaini. I don't think anyone thought Moyes was the logical anything post Fergie.

But yeah, even if we get Poch, the lack of structure outside of the manager, as always, is extremely problematic. And something which won't be fixed anytime soon.

1637513189240.png

As a total wide ball what about the current Sevilla manager Julen Lopetegui. Yes he got binned by Spain on the eve of the World Cup for taking the Real Madrid job, something that Spain FA probably regretted considering their performance in the competition, he didn't fair that well at Real but it is a tough job for even the best manager in the world. Since then he has quietly put a Europa League winning side together who also qualified for the Champions League and whom are currently lying in second place in La Liga just 2 points behind Real.

Didn't Fergie have deals lined up for Thiago, Strootman (before the injury woes) and potentially Lewandowski lined up?

According to Lewandowski, Fergie tried to get him instead of RVP but Dortmund wouldn't sell.

Didn't Fergie have deals lined up for Thiago, Strootman (before the injury woes) and potentially Lewandowski lined up? With Rooney to be moved on. Moyes just dithered and overpaid on ****** Fellaini. I don't think anyone thought Moyes was the logical anything post Fergie.

But yeah, even if we get Poch, the lack of structure outside of the manager, as always, is extremely problematic. And something which won't be fixed anytime soon.
Funny enough, his transfer targets at the time we're Bale, Ronaldo, Fabregas and Toni Kroos: those were my signings as well in fifa 14.

That pretty much just speaks volumes as to how out of his depth he was thinking he could acquire those 4 players in one window, something Fergie couldn't even do.

Even more embarrassingly, he spoke so openly on the Fabregas saga that took up half the summer. Ended up looking like a nonce when he said no

So bar the PE Teacher conductor, the band stays the same.

Three whole International windows passed to have a succession plan to move on from the inevitable and a new man in place .yet this is where you are. The same failures continuing on regardless on an interim basis.

Do the Glazers even care Utd exists beyond the money into their pockets?
do you really have to ask