The Manchester United Thread

Rangnick: "I spoke with Cristiano and Phil yesterday before training, they told me that they had some problems for the last couple of days, some minor problems. In the end we decided to not take any risks in a cup game that could easily last 120 minutes." #mulive [mutv]

Better performance than I've seen in weeks but I feel our press is bypassed a bit too easily for my liking which leaves a lot of gaps in behind. Need some better coordination on pressing triggers from everyone.

Also, Rashford.....Christ. His p poor decision making cost us 3 goals (and I'm not exaggerating)

That will do. Decent performance 1st half. But absolutely ***** the second especially between 60-80 mins.

Please drop Rashford!!!

I'm shocked I didn't break my TV after seeing this.
https://mixture.gg/v/61dca56b65757

I only saw the second half as the first conflicted with our 23's game.

Something is patently not right at all with Rashford. Be it health wise or personal wise. As that exemplifies. But Dion Dublin, as he did most all that half, was chatting utter wham on the BBC by saying that was a tap in. He should have at least attempted to get there but he'd have had to have been Bolt rapid to get there before the goalie.

Well done on progression. Works for me rather than Villa and their new rat. And F Gerrard for the ***** he said on signing him too. Wasn't great but that doesn't matter a jot in knockout cup football. The result and being in the next round is ALL that matters.

Same again Saturday please.

We waste so many good chances to greediness and poor decision making 😡
Im less concerned by the greed on display there from Greenwood (I somewhat like to encourage that from him as I see him as our future #9) and more concerned by Rashford's reaction. For a split second, I thought he saw the offside flag but that wasn't the case.

Idk what's wrong with him these days. The Rashford I know had the willingness of a 5 year old and would chase down any ball even when he wasn't favorite to win it. Could be psychological maybe?

It was nice to see our players putting in some effort and tackles in tonight. As for players DDG and Varane especially were class. Shaw and Dalot solid. Cavani worked his socks off but got no service from our greedy wide players. Good 30 mins by the CM 3 in the first half. Great cameo by Elanga

Im less concerned by the greed on display there from Greenwood (I somewhat like to encourage that from him as I see him as our future #9) and more concerned by Rashford's reaction. For a split second, I thought he saw the offside flag but that wasn't the case.

Idk what's wrong with him these days. The Rashford I know had the willingness of a 5 year old and would chase down any ball even when he wasn't favorite to win it. Could be psychological maybe?
Tbh watching it back several times. Greenwood should of squared it way sooner. I think Rashford was expecting the cut back. After that he was never getting there. The teams all on different wave lengths atm.

I would be more shocked if he didn’t have a sore calf after that long lay off. He got through that game on pure adrenaline most likely. He was shot coming off at the end emotionally and physique wise. I was the same after having the cartridge and ligament done in my right knee. Rangnick said he will be back for the weekend on MUTV. Same for Ronaldo and Sancho.

I would be more shocked if he didn’t have a sore calf after that long lay off. He got through that game on pure adrenaline most likely. He was shot coming off at the end emotionally and physique wise. I was the same after having the cartridge and ligament done in my right knee. Rangnick said he will be back for the weekend on MUTV. Same for Ronaldo and Sancho.
Totally agree anyone who has had a long term injury especially a lower body injury is going to feel it especially for the first few games. It was important for him to get those 90 mins at Premier League standard but at the same time he and the club medical team are being cautious will the recovery which makes sense after all there were times when it was thought he would have to retire from playing like so many in the past have had to do. Hopefully he is over the worst now and can finally continue his career whether it's at United or some other club depends on how his recovery is looked after and how much he can prove that he still has the ability.

Back