The Manchester United Thread

I don't understand the calls for Ralf to make changes, just to accommodate our players and what's best for them. One of our biggest problems has been changing managers that have completely different visions, and that's led to having a squad that consists of players that don't work well together.

If we keep ripping up the plan and starting again when things aren't going well we'll never get anywhere. We should trust the manager and allow him to implement his system as best he can. If some players can be coached to fit it then great, we keep them, and the others we weed out and gradually replace with players who fit.

We need to endure the pain to get the long term rewards. Great teams aren't built in weeks, they take years. How long did it take Liverpool to progress from the days of Hodgson and Andy Carroll to the team they've become? Did Klopp change his vision and do something different when he joined and there were players who couldn't do what was asked of them? No, he stuck at it and bought players that possessed the attributes he needed.

Bang on!

It was amusing me yesterday listening to Jamie Redknapp (another clueless blert who should be NOWHERE near a microphone), saying he didn't see any idea or philosophy under Ragnick than previous. And Ince, who's in the same bracket as the above and another professional rent-a-gob, comparing it to Conte and saying he's had 5 games now and we should be seeing a big change like at Tottenham. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Rome wasn't built in a day. And you can't polish turds.

If you can't see both what Ragnick is trying to do, and appreciate the natural struggles therein as you set about turning around a football club and instilling the philosophy and identity that underpins the whole way a competent football club works, then there's no hope for you. And your opinion DEFO shouldn't be on the ****** telly!

Just reminded me why I swerve Sky so much.

Bang on!

It was amusing me yesterday listening to Jamie Redknapp (another clueless blert who should be NOWHERE near a microphone), saying he didn't see any idea or philosophy under Ragnick than previous. And Ince, who's in the same bracket as the above and another professional rent-a-gob, comparing it to Conte and saying he's had 5 games now and we should be seeing a big change like at Tottenham. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Rome wasn't built in a day. And you can't polish turds.

If you can't see both what Ragnick is trying to do, and appreciate the natural struggles therein as you set about turning around a football club and instilling the philosophy and identity that underpins the whole way a competent football club works, then there's no hope for you. And your opinion DEFO shouldn't be on the ****** telly!

Just reminded me why I swerve Sky so much.
If only most our fan base could see/think like this!!

Utter madness mate. You can't educate pork and all that.

Forget my doubts on the way Utd are going around this and how it plays long term because of that. If you're a Utd fan and you aren't ecstatic with arguably the best managerial move/ first proper, long term, sustainable plan since Ferguson hung it up after all the ***** previous that's led to this point; then F knows just what enjoyment you get from following a football club? 🤷‍♂️

Any short term results the rest of this season on top of that are just a bonus.

How can these ____heads not see the common dominator here ..... The absolute disgraces wearing the shirt? The majority of who shouldn't be at Utd

You feel for Rangnick, or anyone he chooses to succeed him if they actually allow him the reigns, as there's TOO many in that Utd squad who have had absolutely ZERO discipline or accountability on their shoulders through their time at the club. Who they are now rebelling against Ralph as he's actually asking them to do the absolute basics and, yanno', F run around for 90 mins and work hard! The press has been not just disjointed, but nigh on non-existent as the effort from too many in that team just isn't there. How the actual F Ronaldo was captaining your mob yesterday beggars belief. Cavani was doing ALL his work for him yet again the lazy, arrogant shithouse. It needs someone to stand up to him, and the board, and leave him completely out of a matchday squad to send the message that a lack of 100% effort will no longer be tolerated from the 'perceived' superstar on down. I love Rashford the person but as a footballer, he's not worth a wank these days. And I don't think he ever will be from here on in. The defence, Varane excepted, is getting worse and worse. F sake, Phil F Jones showed every other defender this season not called Varane MASSIVELY up yesterday.

Talking of, when Luke Shaw has the nerve to turn around after the game and say it's not working and they felt like strangers out there ..... Lad, you've been at the club 8 ******* years now. If they are strangers to you, then you need to **** right off out the club. Ridiculous excuse to make.

Then you hear stories of others narking about being asked to train after 5 PM ..... The arrogance of these ****** is off the charts.

Too many players at Utd have had it too cushy for WAY too many years. With absolutely ZERO accountability to justify their massive pay packets.

Clueless gobshites can think it's some boss squad of players and all down to every F manager they won't work for. But until they are moved out, and the whole culture is changed with players who will work their bollocks off for the shirt, which is seemingly the plan with Rangnick overseeing all that, then NOTHING will ever change at Utd.

Right now, Rangnick can only do so much. It's up to the ****** that have continually robbed Utd blind for their salary to respond and work together with him.

Last edited:
Whats the point in wanting Rangnick as a football mastermind if you're not going to give him freedom and time to change something?
United has manager who SAF personally picked, hot stuff in Van Gaal with his "philosophy", proven winner in Mourinho and person who understands the club the best in Solskjaer. None of them worked.

If someone like Ralf fails, pack it boys, its unfixable at least till the structure above manager change/

What' happened to him?

He used to be one of my favourite non-L'pool players to watch and someone I'd have taken in a heartbeat from United. But the last few years, be it through injury/ poor coaching/ a combination of both, his career has completely gone down the pan.
Say that for most atm. How the **** can a player get paid all that money. Can’t pass 5yrds, can’t control a ball, won’t put a foot in especially the attacking players.

Fans crying about Greenwood being subbed last night. He was just as bad with his passing. And do t get me started on his lack of effort going the other way or refusing to challenge for a ball.

Say that for most atm. How the **** can a player get paid all that money. Can’t pass 5yrds, can’t control a ball, won’t put a foot in especially the attacking players.

Fans crying about Greenwood being subbed last night. He was just as bad with his passing. And do t get me started on his lack of effort going the other way or refusing to challenge for a ball.

Ta. Shocking that.

They've all had it WAY too easy for too long mate. Particularly the last few years under Solksjaer.

The one positive is if Rangnick is to be heavily involved upstairs going forward, they won't be at the football club. He won't F around. He's getting to see first-hand the P poor attitude of many.

How people can't see what he's up against is just nuts.

Ta. Shocking that.

They've all had it WAY too easy for too long mate. Particularly the last few years under Solksjaer.

The one positive is if Rangnick is to be heavily involved upstairs going forward, they won't be at the football club. He won't F around. He's getting to see first-hand the P poor attitude of many.

How people can't see what he's up against is just nuts.
Yep time for a cleanse

Well, a lot has happened and been said. I've seen sporadic #rangnickout trends *chuckles* and ***** regurgitated commentary about our "lack of identity".

When I watch United play under Rangnick, I get this LVG-esque feeling: I get what he's trying to do but the players aren't fully buying into it or just aren't good enough. The difference is LVG was given so much freedom to pick and choose his signings but bought so many misfits for his style of play. For example, he bought Schneiderlin who was the Aaron Wan Bissaka of DMs. At some point, he'd pluck players from our academy who would end up outperforming his actual signings (Madness).

I understand why Rangnick prefers signing u24 players: there's a certain level of hunger you'd see to implement this system. Phil Jones was MOTM on Sunday so that should tell you a lot. You can't implement a high press with Ronaldo leading the way. Cavani has to do the work of 2 players which just makes everything disjointed. His hold up play is terrible as well so he really doesn't bring much else outside of finishing. We don't push our defensive line high enough as we have a fridge of the defender. Many players are just off form ATM. Players take one too many touches before releasing a direct ball over the top.

Another this is the attitude of certain player rub me the wrong way. Almost infectious across the entire dressing room. We need to be ruthless this summer with some of these players.

Exactly what we were discussing yesterday.

The poor lil' dears have it WAY too easy for WAY too long. And now they are actually being asked to work and earn their scandalous salaries, they don't like it one bit and are starting to try get rid of another manager.

MASSIVE 5 months for the club. If they let player power win out again, I don't know where you go from this?

https://theathletic.com/3053135/202...acing-manchester-uniteds-new-chief-executive/

The below is quote from the article:

"Rangick is seemingly coming to the same conclusion as Solskjaer that Van de Beek is ill-suited to the rigours of the Premier League. His technique is pristine but sources say in training he struggles to cover the ground and deal with pressure on the ball."
...An early focus has been on shoring up defence, with an expectation that Rangnick will conduct detailed attacking work this week.

Richard Arnold to replace Ed Woodward, plans to grant autonomy to the sporting side, allowing for greater control of budget and decisions. Football director John Murtough will take the lead, assisted by technical director Darren Fletcher and Ralf Rangnick.
@lauriewhitwell

So, it seems no new additions in the January window for United. Its going to be a long rest of the season.

Back