The Manchester United Thread

Ten Hag's remit will be, in the first instance, to focus on cutting out dressing room cliques and ego by getting players to buy into a clear tactical plan and driving individual and collective improvement. No one will be guaranteed to start, no matter the name or price. @TelegraphDucker #MUFC

Implementing the playing style, moulding tactics, developing talent, picking players and uniting them behind it - and sticking rigidly to the task is the job description #mufc have outlined to Ten Hag. [@TelegraphDucker]

Wohooo😄

Manchester United
@ManUtd

A team of leading consultants have been appointed to begin work on creating a masterplan for the redevelopment of Old Trafford to start soon. #MUFC

@TeleFootball
Manchester United appoint the company who did Spurs, Arsenals and Wembley stadium to oversee Old Trafford redevelopment | @TelegraphDucker

Last edited:
Manchester United has appointed a team of leading consultants to begin work on creating a masterplan for the redevelopment of Old Trafford.
The team will be led by Legends International and Populous, both of which have a wealth of stadium development experience from across the globe.
Work will begin immediately on developing options for Old Trafford and studying their feasibility, with the aim of significantly enhancing the fan experience.

Fans will be at the heart of the process, starting with a meeting between the consultants and the Manchester United Fans’ Advisory Board later this month.

A similar process is already well under way in relation to the club’s training facilities, with KSS appointed for expanding and upgrading, state-of-the-art facility for the Men’s, Women’s and Academy teams.

Sources connected to #mufc have said that the process to hire a new manager has been impressive, strategic and well-constructed by John Murtough, who settled on Ten Hag after a detailed search for the best candidate available. [@MarkOgden_]

Just watching Nkunku. What a player and fantastic signing he would be. Just scored another goal. His pressing and work rate are of the chart!

Must be over a year or there about since the Glazer's 'promised' to sort the training ground and OT. Among other things.

American PR, which never leads anywhere, is something else. They take the P on an EPIC scale!

Sat'day's protests need to be kept up. EVERY game!

Must be over a year or there about since the Glazer's 'promised' to sort the training ground and OT. Among other things.

American PR, which never leads anywhere, is something else. They take the P on an EPIC scale!

Sat'day's protests need to be kept up. EVERY game!
If you must know it’s already started so it’s not pure spin. I’ve noticed watching the 5/6 youth matches the work going on at Carrington. They’ve bulldozed the old youth changing rooms you could use to see in the background to start the upgrade to the youth and finally building separate womens changing facilities.

They’ve also cleared away all the surround hedges, trees, conifers that bordered the current u23s training pitches and u18s match day pitches. To extend and start laying separate full time training pitches for the women.

Will have to see if they live up to there word on the OT stuff. But work at Carrington is well underway. And they have already done huge improvements to Sports Leigh where the u23s play.

You have a lot more faith in a bunch of repeated lying shitbags than I ever would have mate.
It’s not about having faith. I have little till I see proof at OT happening on top of what’s been done already with minor things already happened.

But what can’t be denied and is there to see is huge work already started at Carrington already. And the change at Sports Leigh is clear.

They have been ***** owners not in regards to money spent on the squad but pretty much every other way. I honestly can’t see them spending hige money hiring the same company that designed Fulham’s ground. The Emirates. Wembley and the new Spurs Stadium just to appease the fans. And not follow through. I could be wrong and only time will tell.

😁

Fletcher and Murtough flew back to Manchester in complete shock after Ten Hag laid bare exactly what he feels is wrong with #MUFC. One high-placed United source said: “It was like United were being interviewed by Ten Hag rather than the other way round.” @TelegraphDucker

Ten Hag is said to have “ripped the #MUFC set-up apart” during his interview, criticising mainly the scouting and recruitment policy. United officials took a few days to digest what Ten Hag said. They were impressed by his frank assessment and his vision. @TelegraphDucker

Love it he takes no **** from the press!

@MikeVerweij: “First of all, congratulations with your move to Manchester United. Can you explain why you are keeping quiet about this?

Ten Hag: “Because I serve Ajax. We need to win the 2 remaining trophies."

• Why are you so afraid of announcing your departure.

Ten Hag: “I am not afraid. I will repeat myself one more time. Do you have questions about the cup final? About Ajax? If not stop."

Ten Hag is said to have “ripped the #MUFC set-up apart” during his interview, criticising mainly the scouting and recruitment policy.
It doesn’t take a genius to do this. Everyone on this thread can do this as well given the opportunity…besides Scouse ofc who would tell the board our recruitment the past 9 years has been great and to keep up the good work

It doesn’t take a genius to do this. Everyone on this thread can do this as well given the opportunity…besides Scouse ofc who would tell the board our recruitment the past 9 years has been great and to keep up the good work
Yeah anyone can. But not many would going into a huge job interview at a massive club.