The Manchester United Thread

It doesn’t take a genius to do this. Everyone on this thread can do this as well given the opportunity…besides Scouse ofc who would tell the board our recruitment the past 9 years has been great and to keep up the good work

Haha. That tickled me to log onto.

But to be fair mate, they don't need telling. They continue to live in their own delusional World just fine by themselves.

Extending and upping Fernandes, with no manager, when there was absolutely no need, which was straight out the Woodward playbook and then some.

The more big Ed isn't there, the more things stay the same.

Haha. That tickled me to log onto.

But to be fair mate, they don't need telling. They continue to live in their own delusional World just fine by themselves.

Extending and upping Fernandes, with no manager, when there was absolutely no need, which was straight out the Woodward playbook and then some.

The more big Ed isn't there, the more things stay the same.
Not true. If Ed was here he would let him go into his last 6 months and end up losing him on a free. That’s classic ED! We have needed to start being proactive on contract renewals for a long time!

Not true. If Ed was here he would let him go into his last 6 months and end up losing him on a free. That’s classic ED! We have needed to start being proactive on contract renewals for a long time!

Oh behave mate. Excitement over a new manager is one thing. But that was classic Utd. That was classic Glazers. Utter, nonsensical madness that sums up just how much you're in the mud. Made even worse that there's wasn/t even a manager in place when they did that.

If that's things 'changing' to you within the structure then I don't know what to say.

Oh behave mate. Excitement over a new manager is one thing. But that was classic Utd. That was classic Glazers. Utter, nonsensical madness that sums up just how much you're in the mud. Made even worse that there's wasn/t even a manager in place when they did that.

If that's things 'changing' to you within the structure then I don't know what to say.
Behave what it’s been Ed all over leave contract renewals till the last min then try to extend and give them a bumper wage once there in the last 6 months. It’s happened for years with youth players also. That’s why we have kept hold of so much dross for so long. Herrera and Pogba and Lingard are the only ones in recent times that have decided not to sign in the end after the club have offered them bigger contracts. Not that I care about the later as I want them both as far away as possible!

Since Ed’s gone and started to hand over the reigns we’ve tied down pretty much every talent in all 3 squads to new deals. Offered Fernandes a new deal. And are trying to tie down Shaw and Rashford ahead of time.

You extended a man who had what? 2/3 years on his contract? With no F manager in place when you did it.

Big clubs, which Utd no longer are under the clowns in Florida, don't do stupid **** like that.

If that doesn't tell you it's more of the same with no ******* direction from above than hey, continue on.

Gone quite around the fan share scheme. Not surprising though!

And that is another example why NOTHING they say can be trusted and why concerted protest, which doubtless won't happen, is your only way forward. Or else you deserve what they give you. Or rather continue to take from you to line their pockets.

Actually, I disagree. Woodward always believed awarding players new contracts apparently “retains player value in the market” hence why he extended Bailly, Jones, Matic etc.

Scouse is right. Renewing Fernandes, who had 3 years left on his contracts, is something I’d imagine Woodward doing. He would’ve extended Pogba too if Pogba accepted our contract offer before hand (only thing I’m thankful to Pogba for)

A lot of united fans do say it’s not that big of a deal and Fernandes would be a key player with ETH…how would we know that? I’ve said it before that there’s every chance come next season, Van Der Beek would be his preferred option which would make extending his contract look even more daft

The sound thing would’ve been to put any contract renewals for players with more than a year left on their contracts on ice and give the next manager a good look in. Fernandes was on 120k a week (I was surprised considering how absurd our wage structure is) which makes him easily sellable if ETH didn’t fancy him. With 3 years left, he’d easily command around £70-85 million in today’s market.

Since Ed’s gone and started to hand over the reigns we’ve tied down pretty much every talent in all 3 squads to new deals. Offered Fernandes a new deal. And are trying to tie down Shaw and Rashford ahead of time.
It just gets worse now doesn’t it? Lol. We’re trying to tie down a player whose only fitness drill is his walks to McDonald’s and another whose form declined worse than Daniel Sturridge’s credit card.

All without a manager…it’s almost like Woodward never left.

I don't think United wants Salah situation with Fernandes. Its better to keep your key player happy as he was severely underpaid. And its Bruno Fernandes, you can sell him anytime you want.

That said, the wage structure at United needs huge improvements. Awarding young players such as Rashford, Martial and Greenwood with huge contracts when they didn't do much to earn those at the age of 20/21 is a huge mistake, as we can clearly see. You give that kind of money to well established players who have been on the screen for 5+ seasons with rarest of rare exceptions. Even Messi didn't earn that kind of a money until he was 24 and was the best player in the world.

I don't think United wants Salah situation with Fernandes. Its better to keep your key player happy as he was severely underpaid. And its Bruno Fernandes, you can sell him anytime you want.
Salah’s contract expires in a year so it’s not the same situation. I wouldn’t also say he’s been “unhappy” however, he’s understandably trying to get the payday he feels he deserves.
My issue is less of if Fernandes deserves it or not and more of why are we making that decision without to certainty the next gaffe would even fancy him. It’s not outside of the realms of possibilities.

Think Juan Mata at Chelsea for example: he just came off an excellent season under Rafa Benitez, Chelsea player of the year and was instrumental in chelsea’s Europa league win. In came Jose Mourinho and you’d be forgiven to think Juan Mata would be a key cog in his side as he was able to thrive in a very structured Rafa Benitez system and Jose did use Ozil in a similar role at RM (not the most hardworking player as well). Instead, Mata was easily discarded by Jose in favor of a more hard working young Oscar.

Also, to move him on to a new club, we’d have to take a significant hit on his transfer value to have another club take up his £240k a week salary unless Newcastle become quite generous. Easier to move him on when he’s on £120k p/w.

Actually, I disagree. Woodward always believed awarding players new contracts apparently “retains player value in the market” hence why he extended Bailly, Jones, Matic etc.

Scouse is right. Renewing Fernandes, who had 3 years left on his contracts, is something I’d imagine Woodward doing. He would’ve extended Pogba too if Pogba accepted our contract offer before hand (only thing I’m thankful to Pogba for)
Yes partly. But they were renewed in there last year.

It just gets worse now doesn’t it? Lol. We’re trying to tie down a player whose only fitness drill is his walks to McDonald’s and another whose form declined worse than Daniel Sturridge’s credit card.

All without a manager…it’s almost like Woodward never left.
How do you know ETH wasn’t asked about these 2 players and having them as part of his team in the talks with the club he’s had?

I also find it hard to believe one of the interview questions brought up was “shall we renew Bruno Fernandes’ contract?”
Who’s talking about Fernandes he’s been reportedly signing for months. I’m talking about he other 2 who have only just been linked to new contracts after Ole was sacked

Who’s talking about Fernandes he’s been reportedly signing for months. I’m talking about he other 2 who have only just been linked to new contracts after Ole was sacked

Okay then I’ll rephrase: I also find it hard to believe one of the interview questions brought up was “shall we renew Marcus Rashford’s contract?”.

Okay then I’ll rephrase: I also find it hard to believe one of the interview questions brought up was “shall we renew Marcus Rashford’s contract?”.
More like the interview went along the lines of who do you thing is salvageable from this mess then...