The Manchester United Thread

Salah’s contract expires in a year so it’s not the same situation. I wouldn’t also say he’s been “unhappy” however, he’s understandably trying to get the payday he feels he deserves.
My issue is less of if Fernandes deserves it or not and more of why are we making that decision without to certainty the next gaffe would even fancy him. It’s not outside of the realms of possibilities.

Think Juan Mata at Chelsea for example: he just came off an excellent season under Rafa Benitez, Chelsea player of the year and was instrumental in chelsea’s Europa league win. In came Jose Mourinho and you’d be forgiven to think Juan Mata would be a key cog in his side as he was able to thrive in a very structured Rafa Benitez system and Jose did use Ozil in a similar role at RM (not the most hardworking player as well). Instead, Mata was easily discarded by Jose in favor of a more hard working young Oscar.

Also, to move him on to a new club, we’d have to take a significant hit on his transfer value to have another club take up his £240k a week salary unless Newcastle become quite generous. Easier to move him on when he’s on £120k p/w.
They've been trying to tie up Salah for quite some time now. Unless Liverpool give to his demands, he'll be gone soon, its his last big paycheck and Salah is smart.
It is weird to see someone extended without the manager saying yes, I agree. But like I said before, 240k per week isn't that much, he'll get similar money in both Spain and Italy and United can sell him for profit if something strange happens.

I think they'll be a big surprise on just what salary Mo extends on catching up in here.

well from what i saw on motd liverpool are getting 10

It sounds utterly mad but Utd Tuesday and Everton Sunday concern me more than any games left.

I mean granted you're both utter dogshit on the pitch with both clubs mired that far in the mud you won't be a threat to anyone for anything over the next decade at least. (Or forever more in the Ev's case.). I don't think that will offend any supporter of either club. Just the carnage they find themselves in.

But you're both in the spoiler role of your biggest rivals.

And that makes both sides proper dangerous animals.

We know. We've been in this position. MANY times through the 1990’s.

Last edited:
I read somewhere today that Bruno plays footie like there is a shot clock. Lmao

edit: to make my point

Honestly, that's the best description of Fernandes this season, or since Rangnick took over, he tries to do everything with tempo which is fine, but its not working right now for many reasons. If I was a manager, I would suggest him to take a long breath before passing the ball.

Honestly, that's the best description of Fernandes this season, or since Rangnick took over, he tries to do everything with tempo which is fine, but its not working right now for many reasons. If I was a manager, I would suggest him to take a long breath before passing the ball.
He’s trying to do to much himself. Can’t blame him considering most the dross around him.

Just reading the De Telegraf. They confirm this morning that Utd and Ajax have agreed a deal for Mitchell van der Gaag to come with ETH as his No2.

Steve McLaren won’t be joining but ETH has spoken to him alot about the prem and Utd for advice due to being close friends.

RVP won’t come due to WP issues and family commitments. Rene Muelensteen is now seen as favourite to join his staff. And he would like to bring in 2 more. A coach from Beyernll but they don’t want to see him leave. And he’s been talking to Jaap Stam who he has been a close friend with for years.

And thats the another issue if true. He's not trusting his teammates as there's no cohesion between them. No team, just individuals.
We know this already. It’s not only Bruno that shoots from outside the box all the time. Fred and Rashford are 2 of the worst. Dalot does it fairly often from RB.

Fernandes has definately seen it creep in more. And more errors in his game this season. But he’s still been one of our important players. And I wouldn’t be trust the likes of Rashford, McTominey, Sancho for large parts after the absolute ***** they have been turning out week in week out. It’s all a big mess!