The Manchester United Thread

Turned into a good Easter weekend after all for United, not only did they win but Spurs and Arsenal lost and West Ham could only manage a draw against Burnley. Which for the moment leaves that 4th place still in reach. Just to make the weekend perfect even Liverpool did them a favour by beating City in the cup.

That Ajax v PSV final was something else! Ajax are on a different planet completely football wise even despite losing.
I thought PSV was the better team. They are quite equal and it was a really good match. Queue the questions about United for Ten Hag now.

I thought PSV was the better team. They are quite equal and it was a really good match. Queue the questions about United for Ten Hag now.
PSV edged it the second half. Ajax were missing 4 first team players and had 2 goals disallowed maybe should of been out of sight before the second half. Bad of Ajax conceding 2 set piece gls.

Great match with 2 good teams playing excellent football.

PSV edged it the second half. Ajax were missing 4 first team players and had 2 goals disallowed maybe should of been out of sight before the second half. Bad of Ajax conceding 2 set piece gls.

Great match with 2 good teams playing excellent football.
Gonna watch Leverkusen now, Patrik Schick is a striker who I think is really good and potential United target.

I haven't seen Nunez yet, might wanna check him when I can.

I haven't seen Nunez yet, might wanna check him when I can.
I watch nearly all Benficas matches with my sister in law partner. He’s been a bit hit and miss previous seasons. Mostly down to Benfica losing key players often and the manager situation. But this season it oooks like he’s matured and benifited from a more stable Benfica tactic wise. He’s got great hold up play and links up well. Great eye for a goal and good pace.

Only concerns are he looks technically all over the place at times. And he has a tendency to drift left. That might be tactical though.

Not the first time I've heard he has worst first touch and dribbling than Lukaku.
How do you like Andre Silva from Leipzig?

Not the first time I've heard he has worst first touch and dribbling than Lukaku.
How do you like Andre Silva from Leipzig?
His dribbling his pretty decent tbf. Awkward but works. Not seen any of Silva this season. But apparently he’s dropped well off after the original hype when he moved to Milan

Him and Nunez are my top 2 hopes.

Best cross everything that Wreck-It Ralph somehow lucks into a top 4 spot then mate. (Or top 5 if either L'pool and City win the League and CL.).

Only place they or any other name madly linked thus far are going to any club. One which can offer CL football.

Yeah, United signed some scrubs in Ibrahimovic, Bundesliga player of the year, Eric Bailly ( who was in big demand btw) and Paul Pogba when they missed the CL. And last time they missed CL they signed Maguire, Bruno Fernandes and Wan Bissaka. Its not like United can't overpay for player to compensate for lack of CL.

Also, Martial got injured again.

Best cross everything that Wreck-It Ralph somehow lucks into a top 4 spot then mate. (Or top 5 if either L'pool and City win the League and CL.).

Only place they or any other name madly linked thus far are going to any club. One which can offer CL football.

You sound like no player would join united without CL football

Yeah, United signed some scrubs in Ibrahimovic, Bundesliga player of the year, Eric Bailly ( who was in big demand btw) and Paul Pogba when they missed the CL. And last time they missed CL they signed Maguire, Bruno Fernandes and Wan Bissaka. Its not like United can't overpay for player to compensate for lack of CL.

Also, Martial got injured again.

Well for a kick off the Benfica lad has openly stated he won't be going to a team that isn't playing CL football. As has the Monaco midfielder. There's two.

When Utds name is completely in the mud, take away the CL carrot and you aren't competing for top names whatever you throw at them.

But hey, if you honestly think you can keep overpaying on wages and attracting top players the further away you get from the CL you are in for some real disappointment, As has been the case with most of the names ToD has got excited about in links that never materialised the last few years in here.

That is sounding WAY worse than what most L'pool fans were in the '90's. Only you have that to reference to see the reality of how it goes when you go 10 plus years from major honours as you're now pushing. With the next decade looking equally bleak.

Good for them if thats genuine, United were signing wrong type of players for far too long. More trophy hungry people and less purse chasers.
United don't need a top name. For reference we just need to look at Liverpool and observe their transfer strategy. Bring experts and listen to them when creating football strategy, then sign the players who are fitting in long term. Build a backbone and then you can bed in rest of the younger players/stars.
There's plenty of players who can improve United and which can improve them in return. United used to make world class players, but in last 12-13 years their aint any. All the best players were bought and pretty much underperform. Thats why I would like Ten Hag at United, because he likes hungry players with talent.

You sound like no player would join united without CL football

Not at all mate. There's always lads like AWB and Maguire looking to step up their salary. Heck, there's a Dutch manager rumoured to be close to doing the very same. 😉

Half joking aside, the young, in demand ones being linked you'd do well to sway over CL clubs. You just aren't competing there with the club in the state it is without the added carrot of CL football.

We've been through this whole cycle.

Last edited: