The Manchester United Thread

I hope we overhaul the physio team as well. Idk how Varane’s legs turned into paper mâche as soon as he joined.

Also, I can’t believe we haven’t implemented data-driven recruitment yet. Liverpool have one in place with complex algorithms setup by a literal rocket scientist to simulate models of how players compliment each other.

I also find the timing of sacking both odd after rumors that Rangnick was shocked we didn’t have a scout report for Chris Nkunku

I also find the timing of sacking both odd after rumors that Rangnick was shocked we didn’t have a scout report for Chris Nkunku
Yep. He’s been here a while now. He knows what’s wrong and certainly isn’t shy on telling everyone about it. Long nay it continue and the changes keep coming. Looks like there is going to be no interference from Arnold. And Rangnick and Murtaugh are finally making moves getting us back on some sort of track.

Yep. He’s been here a while now. He knows what’s wrong and certainly isn’t shy on telling everyone about it. Long nay it continue and the changes keep coming. Looks like there is going to be no interference from Arnold. And Rangnick and Murtaugh are finally making moves getting us back on some sort of track.

I do wonder why Steve Brown still has a job however.

G Middleton-Patel

@GMiddletonpatel

Chelsea Women's u21s vs Manchester United Women's u21s 1-3 Eleanor superb finish. FT.

A 3-1 away win, is a tremendous win, all still to play for in the second leg of course, and we shouldn't at all be complacent, however this does set us up very nicely indeed to hopefully complete a treble this season!

God, even Shrewsbury are trolling you now. 🤣🤣

1650479299987.png

Erik ten Hag is to be announced as Man Utd’s manager in the next 24 hours. [@TelegraphDucker]

#mufc will target two midfielders and a striker primarily, with a wide forward and centre-half likely after departures. [@TelegraphDucker]

- Mitchell van der Gaag will be 100% Ten Hag’s assistent at Manchester United all agreed. He is viewed as a coach with many qualities, also because he speaks 5 multiple languages fluently including Portuguese. [via @MikeVerweij]

Chief scout Jim Lawlor and head of global scouting Marcel Bout were informed over a fortnight ago that they would relieved of the duties at #mufc in changes driven by John Murtough and Ralf Rangnick , ahead of a huge summer for the club in the transfer market. [@TelegraphDucker]

Changes to the scouting set-up and other areas are expected although it remains to be seen how far #mufc go [@TelegraphDucker]

@TelegraphDucker
#mufc have appointed a director of data science, Dominic Jordan. Cambridge graduate with a background in geospatial analytics.

Dominic Jordan only joined United this month since being appointed last year. It wouldn't surprise me if he along with the new deputy DoF will be the replacements for Bout/Lawlor. That would place heavy focus on data analytics with Mick Court also a number cruncher.

There will also be a more data-driven focus to recruitment in future, with the club having hired Dominic Jordan as their first Director of Data Science last year although he only actually started in March this year #mufc #mujournal

The club are now looking to streamline the operation under Head of Football John Murtough #mufc #mujournal

Jordan believes data can be used to improve a wide range of areas, from player recruitment to analysing patterns of play.

“There is so much potential for data science to benefit the club, from assisting with player recruitment, automatically analysing patterns of play right through to using computer vision to extract information from video feeds in real time,” he said.

“At first it’s a question of determining which problems are the most important for the club and tackling those to deliver quick but effective results. Over time as you embed good practice, the problems become harder – hence why building a great team is critical, to keep the club ahead in the data space.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...hester-uniteds-big-new-signing-mathematician/

Why don’t these just say the ‘Ajax way?’

There’s only ever been one way of plying there since Michels and Cruyff.

And its official, ten Hag is the new Manchester United manager.