The Manchester United Thread

Athletic saying. CB, 2 CMs, STR and a winger will come in this summer. Possibly a FB depending on wages freed up and sales. Also mention that GK situation will be looked at in the future.

This would be a huge move if he comes in!

JUST IN: AS Monaco sporting director Paul Mitchell has activated his networks for a return to the Premier League. @lequipe #MUFC

NEW: Chelsea not looking at Paul Mitchell with #MUFC in pole possition, reports @Matt_Law_DT

2 things I’ve noticed recently with the changes and EtH. All the announcements have been done by Murtaugh not Arnold the new CEO. Far cry from Eds ego era. And for the first time a new manager has been announced since Fergie. EtH was actually announced as Manchester United first team manager. Not first team head coach. Which shows to me he’s gonna have ultimate power and a lot of say on changes at the club.

Who knows, maybe. Maybe Liverpool will budge in when Klopp leaves in a year or two.

Rangnick on Erik ten Hag: “I like his football. I'm pretty positive that with a full pre-season and having a chance to build and mould his own staff, and a new team especially, which is obvious, there will be improvement.” #MUFC

Rangnick laying into this lot 😁

Rangnick: “It’s obvious that there are quite a few players with expiring contracts and there might will be a few others who want to be on loan and players leaving the club permantly. So it will be a significant change and rebuild this summer, that’s clear.” #MUFC

Rangnick: “It’s not only three or four new players [needed in the summer], it’s obvious.

..... Rangnick laying into this lot 😁

Which is utterly mad when the vitally important top 4 door, which nobody seems to want to shut, is still WIDE open.

How Wreck-It Ralph expects any sort of reaction to that end over the last 5 games by continually telling them they most all need to be replaced is a pretty novel approach. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Which is utterly mad when the vitally important top 4 door, which nobody seems to want to shut, is still WIDE open.

How Wreck-It Ralph expects any sort of reaction to that end over the last 5 games by continually telling them they most all need to be replaced is a pretty novel approach. 🤷🏼‍♂️
tbh top 4 is gone so just rip the S H I T out of them i say toxic pos that thay are

If this lot couldn’t be motivated in a North west derby then not even Martin Luther king jr can get a reaction.

tbh top 4 is gone so just rip the S H I T out of them i say toxic pos that thay are

It should be LONG gone.

But with the two NL clubs being utterly *****, along with West Ham struggling squad wise to match-up a European and League season, it's still very much in play.

But regardless mate, let's say it hypothetically is and you're looking to next year ..... not everyone is going to be leaving this summer. Outside of the out-of-contract players, unless Utd swallow hefty loses, you're liable to struggle moving lads on ala recent windows. So to publicly, effectively tell them they are all utter ***** and not good enough to be at Utd, as true as that may be, isn't a sensible approach for the new manager to inherit when the squad has already downed tools on Rangnick and he'll still be involved at the club. Not least with his picking of the new man.

You tell me I'm ***** to the World, and a massive influx of new players is needed to replace me and y teammates, and then you have a massive hand in picking your replacement as manager, good luck thinking I'm going to sweat blood for the new fella'.

Seems an utterly mad way of man-managing people that Mourinho rightly got lashed out for.

Exactly.
They are utter w.ank.
Leave them on the training pitch and play the kids and new additions next season.
Use the season to build with no expectations.

Rangnick on Erik ten Hag: “I like his football. I'm pretty positive that with a full pre-season and having a chance to build and mould his own staff, and a new team especially, which is obvious, there will be improvement.” #MUFC

Rangnick laying into this lot 😁
Maguire’s next interview: “I’m pretty positive we’ll see a different manager”

But in reality, Maguire has the charisma of a digestive biscuit

Thread | Erik ten Hag's interview to @trouw, taken after the announcement of becoming the new Manchester United manager.

• Can you cope with stars? With the Ronaldo's of this world? Ten Hag: "I think I can, but I will stay myself in that. I won't change my vision. I will tell them their task and whoever does not meet those tasks will hear that from me, no matter who it is."

Ten Hag: "I make demands in advance before I arrive. If the club doesn't grant them I wouldn't take the job. I am the one responsible, I am the one who will get judged by results. I don't want to be a ruler, I will work together, but having a say in transfers is a big condition for me."