The Manchester United Thread

Levitt: "With the new manager [ten Hag] going in at #mufc, hopefully I’ll get a chance. My contract is up in the summer and it hasn’t been spoken about yet. Hopefully, I will hear something in the next few weeks." [@thecourieruk]

I hope some of those whining fans who want instant success next season with ETH realise that it's not going to happen. No disrespect but the mismanagement by the idiots at the top with their concentration purely on profits has resulted in the sad state of affairs the club currently finds itself in.

I hope some of those whining fans who want instant success next season with ETH realise that it's not going to happen. No disrespect but the mismanagement by the idiots at the top with their concentration purely on profits has resulted in the sad state of affairs the club currently finds itself in.
I find it even more hilarious that fans seriously believe we’d sell 15 first team players this summer (granted 5 are leaving for free)

Yep. Problem is fans these days don’t have patience and want instant success. If ETH draws or looses the first couple of games. ETH will be trending. And them plebs on Sky or any other of the Ole lovers or Poch wanted will be slaughtering ETH to death 😡

I find it even more hilarious that fans seriously believe we’d sell 15 first team players this summer (granted 5 are leaving for free)
Yeah no chance. 10 maybe 11 max leaving. Grants been told he can leave. So that’s 6 on a free. Can easily see 4/5 more going when you look at the likes of Jones, Bailly, Martial, Periera already agreed a move to Fluminese. Greenwood possibly depending on his outcome. Can see some FBs going we have AWB, Dalot, Laird, Williams, Telles, Shaw, Alvaro Fernandez going on tour apparently.

Then gotta decide on all the lonees returning Kovar, Tuanzebe, Bernard, Fish, Chong, Levitt, Galbraith, Garner, Pellistri, Diallo.

What’s gonna happen to Henderson. Huge mess to sort out!

This is superb news about Mitchell!

Interim manager Ralf Rangnick is scheduled to assume a consultancy role once Ten Hag arrives and he is also understood to have endorsed Monaco sporting director Paul Mitchell to the #mufc hierarchy. Who is now close to joining as Head of Recruitment #mujournal [@David_Ornstein]

John Murtough: Director of Football ✅
Darren Fletcher: Technical Director ✅
Paul Mitchell: Head of Recruitment ⏳
Ralf Rangnick: Advisor/ Consultant ✅
Erik Ten Hag: Coach ✅

That’s some serious restructure since Ed’s gone. Nice to see actual football people there and actual people that have excelled in there roles at a top level ( Except Fletcher ) still need to complete ETH coaching staff.

It was only reported by the sun that they won’t do the deal. Sports Witness reporting from Brazil outlet that Utd have already sent over the paperwork to complete the deal.

I think we both know the answer to him not getting any time to rebuild. Both on and off the pitch.

Utd have to be seen to be challenging. Period.

Hey now.

If you can do that on games like FM, you can do it in real life **** it!!!!!

PS- You see who got sacked yesterday who wouldn't have cost Utd a penny?
Makes you wonder if PSG were only waiting to see if United wanted him first before sacking him ;) You could call it a coincidence but the difference between getting paid £10m to get rid of a manager or paying £12m to sack him is a no brainer even for PSG.

Hey now.

If you can do that on games like FM, you can do it in real life **** it!!!!!

PS- You see who got sacked yesterday who wouldn't have cost Utd a penny?
Chances are PSG were just waiting for us to pay his £15 million fee.

Last edited:
Makes you wonder if PSG were only waiting to see if United wanted him first before sacking him ;) You could call it a coincidence but the difference between getting paid £10m to get rid of a manager or paying £12m to sack him is a no brainer even for PSG.

Exactly. It’s the logical thing to do in their position as well.