The Manchester United Thread

So, it’s the last week of June and I think if there’s a time for the FDJ deal to be completed, it’s got to happen before the 30th otherwise, I don’t see Barca needing to sell him anymore.

It wil
So, it’s the last week of June and I think if there’s a time for the FDJ deal to be completed, it’s got to happen before the 30th otherwise, I don’t see Barca needing to sell him anymore.
l definately happen this week. Before the end of financial yeah ends and they have to clear as much as possible. They don’t have to sell him now tbh. But if they do it will definately make it easier for them to sign and register the players they want.

Fans have been impatient and ******** about the time of the deal. But if reports are to be believed we have saved big on upfront costs which will go a massive way towards getting ETH other choices in.

Poor ETH must be wondering what the f he has signed up for at this stage :ROFLMAO:
The more things you change, the more they stay the same ;)

That right Scouse? ⚽

And it always will mate so long as the snakes head remains at Utd.

I need to start watching Mark. When he’s not playing to the gallery, he’s a very smart, clued in fella’.

Nail. Head.

Head. Nail.

Last edited:
I need to start watching Mark. When he’s not playing to the gallery, he’s a very smart, clued in fella’.

Nail. Head.

Head. Nail.

Never thought I’d see the day where I’d actually agree with Mark so I think **** probably froze over.

At this point, I’m convinced we don’t even have a scouting department anymore. If we do, they’re heavily neglected.

Never thought I’d see the day where I’d actually agree with Mark so I think **** probably froze over.

At this point, I’m convinced we don’t even have a scouting department anymore. If we do, they’re heavily neglected.
The scouting department has been neglected for for a few years now since we went o a massive highering spree about 6/7 years ago employing scouts all over the world. That obviously wasn’t helped by the continuing change of managers and manager styles and having no DOF.

Also not helped by Ed Woodward having veto power for some strange reason. Well not that strange considering how things have been run since he took over after Gill left with Fergie.

Hopefully we will start to see a vast improvement now after the current restructuring. Having a CEO who won’t interfere. A highly competent DOF and Deputy DOF working in tandem with ETH. New chief of scouting and a quite few new data analysts to help us get the right targets also the consistency in attributes etc for said targets.

Footballs nearly back 😁

Erik ten Hag was driven into Carrington at 8 am, around 2 hours before #mufc's non-internationals are due to report. Steve McClaren and Mitchel Van Der Gaag also came in at the same time [@samuelluckhurst]

Marcel van der Kraan: "Frenkie de Jong has not even been playing in his best position at Barcelona as that's where Sergio Busquets has been playing - that's one of the key reasons why he thinks he might will have a better role under Erik ten Hag at #mufc." [Sky Sports]

Marcel van der Kraan: "Frenkie de Jong has not even been playing in his best position at Barcelona as that's where Sergio Busquets has been playing - that's one of the key reasons why he thinks he might will have a better role under Erik ten Hag at #mufc." [Sky Sports]
He’s not a holding player

Wasn't ETH supposed to stop the tendency to do huge transfers without figuring out where the player even fits on the pitch? :eek:

Wasn't ETH supposed to stop the tendency to do huge transfers without figuring out where the player even fits on the pitch? :eek:
He knows where he’s going to play and setup with him on the pitch. That’s why he’s the key signing and pushing hard for the club to get it done asap

Can I have the lotto numbers please Scouse 👍🏼
I mean, isn’t FDJ going to be earning atleast 300k a week? He earns 400k a week at Barcelona atm.

I do find it ridiculous that Barcelona even agreed to pay him that much in the first place considering it was made public that he was a childhood Barcelona fan. I’d use that as leverage and offer him wages on the lower end (well, unless his agent was Mino Raiola)