The Manchester United Thread

No one knows what he’s gonna be earning. But he’s defo now coming hear solely for money reasons which seems to be implied.
Scouse isn’t really “implying” anything besides the fact that nothing’s changed. The glazers are still collecting dividends like we didn’t just have our worst season in premier league history.

FdJ isn’t going to take a pay cut to join united, that’s for sure.

Scouse isn’t really “implying” anything besides the fact that nothing’s changed. The glazers are still collecting dividends like we didn’t just have our worst season in premier league history.

FdJ isn’t going to take a pay cut to join united, that’s for sure.
When there’s been so much change at the club we won’t know if anything has actually changed straight away. All we have to go on is what’s happening from now going forward. And things from an early stage defo look to be changing for the better.

And I’m pretty sure Scouse thinks he’s only joining for money. And let’s wait and see what he gets paid first. And he’s on 354k at Barca.

..... And I’m pretty sure Scouse thinks he’s only joining for money. And let’s wait and see what he gets paid first. And he’s on 354k at Barca.

I wasn't actually implying anything mate other than what I did. Utd's whole MO is exactly the same as it was under Woodward.You just have a lot more chiefs than indians given a perception of something structured and new.

But we'd just disagree there so on de Jong/ salary ..... He'd be joining whoever as he has NO choice in the matter. That's not open to debate. He openly doesn't want to leave his dream club. But they need to sell. He's being forced out of the door against his wishes so then you need to sweeten things for him.

I mean there's the ten Hag sweetner being as Utd are the only club to show any interest. But it's utterly naive to think that you wouldn't be offering the same or more than likely, an increased salary. No CL football and a club in an unholy mess with a slimmer the slim chance of making the CL next season dictates that throwing silly money at big name players is the only way you can hope to attract them.

That's just how far Utd have fallen under the Glazers and where the clubs standing currently is whether you want to accept that or not.

Last edited:
Like I said it’s to early to see if the change has had an effect or not. But there’s definitely been huge changes at the club. There’s no denying that either. And I bet my life if Woodward was still here we would be getting De Jong for anything close to the reported fee Murtaugh has negotiated. Considering what Barca have been demanding from the off. And bet we would not of got it done this early in the window either.

Like I said it’s to early to see if the change has had an effect or not. But there’s definitely been huge changes at the club. There’s no denying that either. And I bet my life if Woodward was still here we would be getting De Jong for anything close to the reported fee Murtaugh has negotiated. Considering what Barca have been demanding from the off. And bet we would not of got it done this early in the window either.
Woodward did negotiate Jadon Sancho’s fee from £105 million down to £73 million from a Dortmund side that didn’t even need to sell him…albeit, it took 2 seasons

Woodward did negotiate Jadon Sancho’s fee from £105 million down to £73 million from a Dortmund side that didn’t even need to sell him…albeit, it took 2 seasons
Exactly my point took him 2 seasons while making us look like incompetent and wasting a whole window when we desperately needed a new starting winger. Only to **** the bed and sign Pellistri and Amad near deadline day. Then them not even hardly playing for us since. And depending on EtH may never play for us. Wasting god knows how many millions. And Sancho was gonna be cheaper due to the current market and him going into his last year of his contract.

Sancho did have 3 years left when we signed him from Dortmund btw.
My bad. Still one year less. And they said he could leave. Let’s not defend Woody here after how abysmal we have been. I’m saying Murtaugh is gonna be great or any better. But if he has as much success as he has had at his other roles. And get DJ at the fee mentioned it’s a great a start and a glimmer heading forward

Erik ten Hag oversaw a ‘mammoth’ training session with the #mufc squad today, which lasted for more than two and half hours. [@hirstclass]

Erik ten Hag addressed a combined group of #mufc first-team squad members and Under- 21/23s players for "several minutes" at the start of today's training session, flanked by Steve McClaren and Mitchell van der Gaag about his demands and vision #mulive [@samuelluckhurst]

#mufc full training squad so far: De Gea, Heaton, Kovar, Bishop; Laird, Wan-Bissaka, Tuanzebe, Lindelof, Bernard, Jones, Hardley, Fish, Williams, Shaw, Fernandez; Van de Beek, Galbraith, Savage, Wellens, Iqbal; Chong, Sancho, Martial, Rashford, Amad, Shoretire, Garnacho, Emeran [MEN]

Only £55m upfront fee for Frenkie De Jong is a great deal in anyones books! Especially as Barca wanted around £75m. That’s some negotiating right there and will go a long way into seeing us get more of EtH first choice signings in. Let’s see what the personnel terms will be.

If we can shift out the deadwood and get some decent fees like what Fulham have offered for Periera that’s enough change to give me hope going forward.

Only £55m upfront fee for Frenkie De Jong is a great deal in anyones books! Especially as Barca wanted around £75m. That’s some negotiating right there and will go a long way into seeing us get more of EtH first choice signings in. Let’s see what the personnel terms will be.

If we can shift out the deadwood and get some decent fees like what Fulham have offered for Periera that’s enough change to give me hope going forward.
The add ons total the transfer fee up to £70 million

With the signing of Tyrell Malacia close that must spell the end for Telles and possibly Williams. If we can get him for the £10m OL we’re going to pay we could make a profit in the process. Looking like it’s gonna be a good window of shifting out long overdue players. And being smart in the market.

With the signing of Tyrell Malacia close that must spell the end for Telles and possibly Williams. If we can get him for the £10m OL we’re going to pay we could make a profit in the process. Looking like it’s gonna be a good window of shifting out long overdue players. And being smart in the market.
If we’re signing a left back, I’d assume one of Luke Shaw or Alex Telles is getting sold?