The Manchester United Thread

does this lot have any money
He’s worth 21bn and the Ineos group he is partners with in the Mercedes’ F1 team is worth 69bn and they also bought OFG Nice football club in France. Pliéed millions into the stadium and local infrastructure and took them to a title. And he’s from a family of Utd fans and one himself.

Just read he owns a large stake in Skys cycling team as well. Clearly a sports enthusiast.

Also my mate season ticket holder received an email from the club this morning saying the megastore will be closed all day Monday due to large fan protest expected all day.

Just read he owns a large stake in Skys cycling team as well. Clearly a sports enthusiast.

Also my mate season ticket holder received an email from the club this morning saying the megastore will be closed all day Monday due to large fan protest expected all day.

He didn’t get rich by making rash decisions, however, and he has previously criticised the way United has been run by the Glazer family. "[Ineos] never wants to be the dumb money in town, never, never," Ratcliffe told The Times in 2019. "[United] haven't got the manager selection right, haven't bought well. They have been the dumb money, which you see with players like Fred. We won't look elsewhere until we have had a good run here (at Nice). We need to find out how to be successful before you ever want to write a big cheque. It's quite difficult."
Probably the best chance United have.

I think what LI is trying to say is that bloke can have the wealth, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can front the money for such a big acquisition without some fuckery going on.

I think what LI is trying to say is that bloke can have the wealth, but that doesn't necessarily mean he can front the money for such a big acquisition without some fuckery going on.
Oh he can. He bid his own actual money for Chelsea 4. Whatever billion it was. And it was the highest bid but they chose the other chap for some reason.

Can it be put to bed now until something tangible happens? No point spamming the board with every tweet going.

It is happening mate! The annual ‘YSB, get out of our club!’…..Uhmm, who are we here to shout about again?/ Half-time desertion is in full swing for the cameras.

Just this time we get the added ‘fun’ of trying to make it though the angry, very confused hordes on the forecourt to get in. Makes the absolute farce of the pre-turnstiles before the actual turneys we had last year even more of a nonsensical flashpoint.

GMP must be rubbing their hands with glee, What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!🤦‍♂️

It’s all the Glazers attempt to quiet down the protest after all, it’s worked before remember?

I remember ….. *Points you to the saying of the summer …..

‘The more things change, the more they stay the same.’ 😎

Doubtless you can file any protests that cease once a massive money panic buy or two arrive again under that too.