The Manchester United Thread

…Doubtless you can file any protests that cease once a massive money panic buy or two arrive again under that too.
I do have some cautious optimism with some of the Glazers wanting out plus a viable buyer being available. Momentum is seemingly swinging our way so I’d hope we’d actually capitalize on it or we’re proper ****** if we buy into some shiny new toys.

I know fans want the Glazers out and don’t care much about transfers atm rightly so me inc. And tbh we have handled this first team window badly despite me liking Murtaugh and thinks he will do a good job. I really can’t believe there’s Utds fans complaining about signing Casemiro. Especially calling him well past it and an average player.

Posting this as these were spot on in the Chelsea take over news wise.

A source with experience of multiple high-profile takeovers in the Premier League: "The next owner of #mufc will be someone you have not heard of until the deal is virtually done." [@iPaperSport]

The potential price for a total buy out of #mufc that is being circulated by intermediaries is north of £4bn. [@iPaperSport]

Any buyers would need to have substantial capital to invest in infrastructure, and to provide a transfer budget which could restock the squad. A source felt those figures could run to an additional £2bn. [@iPaperSport]

I know fans want the Glazers out and don’t care much about transfers atm rightly so me inc. And tbh we have handled this first team window badly despite me liking Murtaugh and thinks he will do a good job. I really can’t believe there’s Utds fans complaining about signing Casemiro. Especially calling him well past it and an average player.
I mean he is good guy but can't fault some being against it.
30 year old player who will be top earner(if reports are correct) with 4-5 years contract. Player how has won it all multiple times might be coming for one big big payday, not for mission to push Manchester ahead. Don't tell me these things have not crossed your mind. Your track record is not the best.

I would i understand both sides who want him and who don't.

You don’t rebuild with 30, soon to be 31-year-olds. No matter how good they are.

Casimero has been one of the best DM’s in world football in Spain for years. But this is classic Utd panicking at the end of a window and just throwing absolutely crazy money at the biggest names they can to placate the fanbase. Bouncing from one player to another before they finally hit on something. I mean he doesn’t want to leave Madrid and Madrid had no intention of selling. But doubling his wages and over 60 million to the club changes the whole landscape.

I don’t see any reason he wouldn’t do well in the PL. But this is either a rebuild and commitment to a new manager or more of the same. And literally everything through this window has pointed to the latter.

Last edited:
Was not Schweinsteiger similar age when joining? 30-31 and also got the highest wage in the club? Casimero is class act in that DM spot, even though i hate his cuts, but every team need that **** who takes one for the team and acts like that.

Just feels a bit repeating of histrory but lets see. Might bring some stability to midfield. Big winning point might be that Varane and Fred have played with him before, so might bring more confidence into the squad and specially to Varane.

Was not Schweinsteiger similar age when joining? 30-31 and also got the highest wage in the club? Casimero is class act in that DM spot, even though i hate his cuts, but every team need that **** who takes one for the team and acts like that.

Just feels a bit repeating of histrory but lets see. Might bring some stability to midfield. Big winning point might be that Varane and Fred have played with him before, so might bring more confidence into the squad and specially to Varane.

I get the confidence/ having someone he knows line mate, but the big difference between Varane and Casimero is Madrid had been trying to ship out Varane for a few years knowing he was on the downside and injury prone. (And the Ramos factor.). They had no intention of that with the Brazilian. Just stupid money for a 31-year-old through this season is way too goid to turn down.

The only way from the outset on the pitch you’d tgink he might not do well the PL is if he got frustrated, like Pogba, at the massive drop in wuality around him from Madrid and got dragged down to their level.

He’s not gonna be the highest earner at the club and he’s not doubling his salary from Madrid and his not costing over 60£. The rest of the points are valid though and can see why some are against it.

I defo don’t agree that he’s past his best or doesn’t have a few good years left in him yet. That’s just mental imo. Yes money obviously would of been a factor in coming it always is. I agree the contract length is a couple seasons to long I think 2 years with an option would of been better.

There’s defo a bit of a scatter gun approach to the end of this window no doubt in anyway. Just have to hope these work out. Least the players we seem to be going after are good players.

I dont understand your views sometimes. Twitter tweets shared left and right where you pick info and insert them into your hopes and views. But same places report that it will cost 60mil+ addons.(Ofcourse reportars are more often hyped over but these are numbers that are said now) Yes, they are bringing down the fact it wont be doubling wages, but it is still suppose to be big jump on his current wage. Ofcourse he will never earn more than Ronaldo, but still one of the highest he will be.

It is understood his salary will be on a similar level to that of David de Gea, who has been reported to earn in excess of £350,000.

The Athletic understands Casemiro will receive a modest uplift if United qualify for the Champions League and his deal will be heavily incentivized and performance-related. While he stands to earn slightly more with United than Real, his earnings will drop significantly if Erik ten Hag’s side continue to miss out on Champions League football

I dont understand your views sometimes. Twitter tweets shared left and right where you pick info and insert them into your hopes and views. But same places report that it will cost 60mil+ addons.(Ofcourse reportars are more often hyped over but these are numbers that are said now) Yes, they are bringing down the fact it wont be doubling wages, but it is still suppose to be big jump on his current wage. Ofcourse he will never earn more than Ronaldo, but still one of the highest he will be.
Simon Stoney from the BBC has just literally tweeted it’s 60 euros not pounds. That’s the problem a lot of the time English retarded journos usually put £ instead of actual euros I thought they could get this basic thing right when reporting.

1660896017195.png

yea the currency stuff sometimes goes wacko with reports.

Okey bit of a difference, but it still big ammount.

View attachment 597157
yea the currency stuff sometimes goes wacko with reports.

Okey bit of a difference, but it still big ammount.
I really don’t know why they do it after all these years. Only recently just a couple have started reporting it in euros like it should be. Also Simon Stone and Adam Crafton report that his wages will be based heavily on incentives and performance related stuff

Casemiro has been on a decline for a last couple of years. This is a typical United signing in last 10 years, pay over the top for a declining player on a massive wages from a club that is happy to sell because they have found ready made replacement for similar money and is 7-8 years younger.
Not all is negative since Casemiro is twice the player both McTominay and Fred are but I have my doubts about Casemiro being at United for anything else but a big check for next 4 or 5 years, something he wouldn't get anywhere else.

You don’t rebuild with 30, soon to be 31-year-olds. No matter how good they are.

Casimero has been one of the best DM’s in world football in Spain for years. But this is classic Utd panicking at the end of a window and just throwing absolutely crazy money at the biggest names they can to placate the fanbase. Bouncing from one player to another before they finally hit on something. I mean he doesn’t want to leave Madrid and Madrid had no intention of selling. But doubling his wages and over 60 million to the club changes the whole landscape.

I don’t see any reason he wouldn’t do well in the PL. But this is either a rebuild and commitment to a new manager or more of the same. And literally everything through this window has pointed to the latter.
My glazer sentiment aside, I’d bet more on Casemiro working in a lone 6 compared to Frenkie De Jong (I’ve expressed my skepticism several times) defensively. On the technicality of things, he should vastly improve united defensively at least. With more context, horrible signing for this so called “rebuild” and an obvious panic buy to, like you said, placate fans (and probably sponsors). Feels like we’re just browsing through the FIFA highest rated players shortlist.

Casemiro has been on a decline for a last couple of years. This is a typical United signing in last 10 years, pay over the top for a declining player on a massive wages from a club that is happy to sell because they have found ready made replacement for similar money and is 7-8 years younger.
Not all is negative since Casemiro is twice the player both McTominay and Fred are but I have my doubts about Casemiro being at United for anything else but a big check for next 4 or 5 years, something he wouldn't get anywhere else.
Don’t agree he’s on the decline far from it he was superb last season and been motm in there last 2 trophy wins.

My glazer sentiment aside, I’d bet more on Casemiro working in a lone 6 compared to Frenkie De Jong (I’ve expressed my skepticism several times) defensively. On the technicality of things, he should vastly improve united defensively at least. With more context, horrible signing for this so called “rebuild” and an obvious panic buy to, like you said, placate fans (and probably sponsors). Feels like we’re just browsing through the FIFA highest rated players shortlist.
My thoughts exactly. Great signing for a few years and should massively improve us. But ****** all over the so called rebuild talk. Hopefully players of a better age will be coming in now till the end of the window.

I personally think ETH has seen the size of the challenge after to embarrassing results and watching McFred. hence the link to pure DMs as before it was DLP.

Don’t agree he’s on the decline far from it he was superb last season and been motm in there last 2 trophy wins.
Real Madrid do not sell players who are not on a decline. Doesn't mean he's a terrible player, still better midfielder that anything United have and then some.

Mesut Ozil/Angel Di Maria
Even though both players are lesser versions of themselves when they were at RM, some clarification is needed. Every since Perez stopped with the Galacticos project they never sold a world class player who wasn't on a decline.

Robben/Snjieder
Sure, lets dig some players before 1980, I'm sure there will be plenty of examples of how wrong I am. And none of them were world beaters at the time. Also, Real Madrid was in a mess during 2006-2009 due to incompetence of Calderon.