The Manchester United Thread

Genuinely very excited about Antony signing. Such a great flair player with great attitude and work rate and has that shithousary about him. Also having a genuine quality LF will give us so many options.

Think it’s wise the club are now looking at a loan keeper instead of wasting big money on some of the other keepers we have been linked with as a back up
There is potential for sure, but great attitude is not something people are really spreading about him. You are not making it any easier either for him. The pressure that will be on him is intense, with joining your club and for this absurd money.

And uhh that price. Like Scouse has told numeral times, the habbit continues and nothing is changing inside your club. This money in bonkers.

…the habbit continues and nothing is changing inside your club. This money in bonkers.
Yeah, pretty much. I also do think people overrate the lad and base their perception on a few YouTube highlights. His numbers are rather modest to say the least (especially for a left footed right winger in the eredivisie). Beyond the numbers, he’s also hot and cold so he could easily end up being our version of Luis Nani.
But that’s besides the point. Seeing Ten Hag had wanted him since the start of the window, why not go for him then before Ajax sold like 5/6 players? Probably wouldn’t have paid more than €60 million if we were quicker. We as football fans will always anticipate Ajax selling off players every summer so why couldn’t we anticipate that?

Only united can turn a summer long target into a panic buy

…..

🤣🤣🤣

But at least Murtough and Arnold can finally claim ro have landed one of ten Hag’s top positional targets. 🤦‍♂️

The lad from PSV should be a piecw of **** now they are out of the CL. But now things are quietening dow after Casimero and beating us, can you see them doing both? Glazers all over.

There is potential for sure, but great attitude is not something people are really spreading about him. You are not making it any easier either for him. The pressure that will be on him is intense, with joining your club and for this absurd money.

And uhh that price. Like Scouse has told numeral times, the habbit continues and nothing is changing inside your club. This money in bonkers.
What do you mean about his attitude. Yes he’s gone on strike to get a move but his work rate and everything else on the field from Ajax fans has never been in question!

The price is the price yes it’s over the top but that’s the market. 100m for Grielish, potentially 90m for Fofana, Gordon to Chelsea for potentially 60m plus, Cuccurella 60m+, Paquetta to West Ham potentially 70m there’s others as well.

Been saying for ages the market is not gonna get better but others seemed to think it would level off no chance. It’s gonna get worse imo.

I would rather pay get one of ETH No1 targets in a position we need with a unique skill set. Than go with a lesser quality player or the Glazers just pocketing the money and saying no more transfers. Which wouldn’t have surprised me in the least after the Liverpool match and the Casemiro signing.

Yeah, pretty much. I also do think people overrate the lad and base their perception on a few YouTube highlights. His numbers are rather modest to say the least (especially for a left footed right winger in the eredivisie). Beyond the numbers, he’s also hot and cold so he could easily end up being our version of Luis Nani.
But that’s besides the point. Seeing Ten Hag had wanted him since the start of the window, why not go for him then before Ajax sold like 5/6 players? Probably wouldn’t have paid more than €60 million if we were quicker. We as football fans will always anticipate Ajax selling off players every summer so why couldn’t we anticipate that?

We couldn’t sign him that early on as he missed the end of last season with a pretty bad injury and wasn’t fit till 3 weeks into the window which by then they had got out there players who were sold.

This is a good watch btw.

We couldn’t sign him that early on as he missed the end of last season with a pretty bad injury and wasn’t fit till 3 weeks into the window which by then they had got out there players who were sold.

This is a good watch btw.

I mean stat wise we can make lot of players look good and potential world beater.

Comparing to Sinisterra that we got for 25mil. Eredivisie is so hard league to stat base players as few teams dominate the league so much. Depay and Bergwijn where also showing crazy stats there.

I believe our buy was bit of a bargain, there is big difference that he is right footed and on the left wing. But price wise you are comparing him with bonkers sums between PL teams. For me Núñez was also overpriced, but heck i know. We dont have that kind of splashing power :D

I mean stat wise we can make lot of players look good and potential world beater.

Comparing to Sinisterra that we got for 25mil. Eredivisie is so hard league to stat base players as few teams dominate the league so much. Depay and Bergwijn where also showing crazy stats there.

I believe our buy was bit of a bargain, there is big difference that he is right footed and on the left wing. But price wise you are comparing him with bonkers sums between PL teams. For me Núñez was also overpriced, but heck i know. We dont have that kind of splashing power :D
Maybe one day. Sure you could find a few quid down the back of the sofa 😋

Okay then how is it possible we were quoted €80 million a few weeks ago and we deemed it to be too much only to be comfortable with paying €100 million a few weeks later?

That’s the definition of panic.

Okay then how is it possible we were quoted €80 million a few weeks ago and we deemed it to be too much only to be comfortable with paying €100 million a few weeks later?

That’s the definition of panic.
If we would have bid €80m euros a few weeks ago it would of been rejected just like they did when we actually made that bid the other day. Ajax don’t want to sell but Antony has gone on strike and handed a transfer request after we met there so called price for him. That’s why we have bid again at a higher price to try getting Ajax to sell.

If we would have bid €80m euros a few weeks ago it would of been rejected just like they did when we actually made that bid the other day. Ajax don’t want to sell but Antony has gone on strike and handed a transfer request after we met there so called price for him. That’s why we have bid again at a higher price to try getting Ajax to sell.

Man United submitted a €60 million (£51m) offer for Antony, but Ajax rejected the bid. Given the Eredivisie club’s hefty €80m (£68m) valuation for the Brazilian, United remain unlikely to launch another bid anytime soon

The asking price was likely increased as we sat on our arses for too long.

Man United submitted a €60 million (£51m) offer for Antony, but Ajax rejected the bid. Given the Eredivisie club’s hefty €80m (£68m) valuation for the Brazilian, United remain unlikely to launch another bid anytime soon

The asking price was likely increased as we sat on our arses for too long.
Or they don’t want to sell. No one one knows.

Back to your point on attitude, him going AWOL at a club he made his breakthrough isn’t a good sign imo.
He and his agent are annoyed because they were told that if Utd bid there asking price he could leave. We did and they refused. Like I said go on any Ajax forum and not one fan has had a bad word to say about his performances or his work rate on the pitch. Obviously that’s soured now as he’s pushing to leave.

It was laughable how we’re in for Newcastle’s backup GK until I saw these stat comparison

5D8E0AB3-40CB-4314-91D9-3A11AABA7335.jpeg

It was laughable how we’re in for Newcastle’s backup GK until I saw these stat comparison

View attachment 597667
Wow‼️‼️‼️😳

Stats aside I always thought he was a decent keeper tbh not top level. But **** those stats are grim. I think it will be a good deal on loan.

Better than Heaton easily and good enough to push DDG. Also gives us time to assess the GK replacement for the next window. That French lad Maingnan looks quality and has attributes ETH wants in a keeper.

He was okay couple of times I saw him, and 130 apps in 5 years doens't really qualify as a benchwarmer.

Back