The Manchester United Thread

Anyway, well done on the draw. Fancy your chances there- 😛

1661456659623.png

Asked if he expects it to be a busy week in the transfer market, Ten Hag said with a laugh: “I don’t know. We need players, clear – but we need the right players. That's what we said the whole transfer window & we're happy with what we did until now. The barrier has to be high"

Ten Hag on whether Phil Jones, Brandon Williams and Axel Tuanzebe could leave before the deadline: "It can be but we are talking about players who are not available so I don't think they will go out in this window."

For the past decade, about this time of year, there comes a day when we realize Phil Jones exists and somehow earns a fat paycheck despite not touching a football since the time pyramids were built.
Definitely remember him playing at Anfield a few months ago lol

Sometimes its for the best to say **** it and move on. Try to develop Diallo as much as possible with spare minutes. Get back to Antony early next summer and you'll get him for 50m.

It will happen but we are getting rinsed big time. Apparently we matched there offer just not inc the bonuses they wanted.

It will happen but we are getting rinsed big time. Apparently we matched there offer just not inc the bonuses they wanted.
They’re being quoted £35 million for Ziyech mate. They’re unlikely to pay Chelsea that much for a player who’ll be 30 in a few months that has publicly signaled his intention to leave. They don’t have to sell quite frankly as Antony has 3 years left on his contract. They can be sure he won’t down tools either else he puts his place in the Brazil NT at risk with the WC around the corner

Ajax have all the incentives to keep him and very little incentive to sell considering they’ve already sold 5 first team players (including their starting CB to us).

Apparently, he’s done a Lukaku and given an interview

And whent to no other than" 99% done deal, HERE WE GOOOOO" guy

🚨 𝐄𝐗𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐒𝐈𝐕𝐄: Antony interview

Exclusive: interview with Brazilian star Antony on his future, Man United and more ⤵️🔴

▫️ How is the negotiation for your transfer going?

▪️ Antony: "Since February of this year, my agents came to Amsterdam to inform Ajax of my desire to leave the club to face new challenge and that some interested clubs would arrive and with them, certainly a great offer".

▫️ What happened with Ajax?

▪️ Antony: "In June of this year, I interrupted my vacation and came personally to inform the managers of Ajax, including new coach, about my wish to leave and that they should consider this possibility, because it was a project for 2 seasons".

▫️ Antony, what did you tell the club so?

▪️ Antony: "During the window months, meetings continued and I also received a proposal from Ajax for contract renewal. I made it clear once again: I WANT TO LEAVE".

▫️ What happened today, Friday?

▪️ Antony: "Today, in a meeting with the club, I expressed my old interest in leaving - this time with considerable offer on the table. Others had already arrived! Ajax refused with argument that they only have 5 days to replace me".

▫️ Why Ajax don't want to let you go?

▪️ Antony: "I'm not asking Ajax to release me, I'm asking Ajax to sell me with the highest bid ever for Eredivisie player. I've been insisting on this theme since February so that the club could rebuild the team with peace of mind".

▫️ How do you feel about the club?

▪️ Antony: "I was very happy in Amsterdam, I won titles at Ajax, made friends and built part of my career, but now I REINFORCE that I am ready and full of motivation to follow my story and my dreams".

▫️ What's your position right now?

▪️ Antony: "People need to listen to me and understand that my motivation moves me towards happiness. I need this to continue performing at a high level. Ajax will always be in my heart!".

▫️ What’s your message to Ajax fans?

▪️ Antony: "I hope Ajax fans understand me... because the future for a football player is a totally uncertain thing and the opportunities can be unique!"

"My message is one of gratitude for Ajax, club and fans".

@antony00 ✍🏻

#manunited #mufc #antony ⭐

Back