The Manchester United Thread

There’s a massive difference between being involved in “shady s.hite” and being a murderous regime that violates fundamental human rights mate.
Bad morals are bad morals
You're extremely gullible if you don't see my point.
I think we can see this from his previous posts. But each to there own I guess

I’ve seen a lot of united fans online trying to make strawman arguments, trying to justify a Qatari takeover and I don’t know if I should laugh or cry. It’s almost as if they don’t realize this goes against the fabric of what the club stands for.

Its mind blowing how peoples standards go out the window when things have been so bad and ANY change is seen as madly good to them.

I sincerely hope MUST aren’t showing double standards with all the B/S PR job going on to court United fans that he’s one of them and gets it, after their joint statement with the SOS to the Government a few weeks back.

There’s a massive difference between being involved in “shady s.hite” and being a murderous regime that violates fundamental human rights mate.
And yet you westerners decided to take them in and educate them, both military and socially.

its mind blowing how peoples standards go out the window when things have been so bad and ANY change is seen as madly good to them.

I sincerely hope MUST aren’t showing double standards with all the B/S PR job going on to court United fans that he’s one if them and gets itafter their joint statement with the SOS to the Government a few weeks back.
It is a pick your poison type of a situation. It's a lose-lose. You'll see in a due time.

Ok fair enough it’s not tied to the Govement but it’s still American leveraged. And from very shady people at that and that were also involved in the Glazers taking over the club.

There’s no wrong or right here. People will have their own ideas of who they want taking over the club. I guess you’re pro Jim I’m the opposite.
I’m sorry mate, this is a straw man argument. The debt was leveraged by JP Morgan, a private bank, that happens to be American.

It is a pick your poison type of a situation. It's a lose-lose. You'll see in a due time.

If you’re suggesting we’d meekly sit back and be happy with Qatari, or worse, Saudi ownership, you don’t understand things here mate.

Ask H&G, or better, the entire British establishment, what its like to go to war with this City.

No one here who want Qatari thinks the Qatari are mother Teresa it’s well documented. It’s just the painting of SJR, Ineos, JPMorgan and Goldman Sachs being whiter than white to suit peoples arguments which is a bit weird.

There’s no win win here. In an ideal world the fans would own the club. Or a fan with a spotless background and enough cash to service everything and not take anything out

If you’re suggesting we’d meekly sit back and be happy with Qatari, or worse, Saudi ownership, you don’t understand things here mate.

Ask H&G, or better, the entire British establishment, what its like to go to war with this City.
I'm just calling out the hypocrisy of some fans. Anyone who's that rich isn't a moralist, thus pick your poison.

I'm just calling out the hypocrisy of some fans. Anyone who's that rich isn't a moralist, thus pick your poison.

Of course they aren’t. But theres levels. And ‘whataboutery’ is the lamest of arguments to justify one against the other.

There’s a World of difference when you’re talking about States with despicable human rights issues controlling everything. And lets not be naive to not know NOTHING in Saudi or Qatar doesn’t happen with the ruling family's say so/ it benefiting them. You either agree, or they make it nigh on impossible for you to operate. Often taking your riches in the process.

Utd is the biggest possible brand they could wish for to sport wash. Do you really want that?

Last edited:
Seems SJR/Ineos only want a majority ownership not 100%

Henry Winter

@henrywinter
·
“Majority” ownership? Minority held by Glazers (please not), assorted bankers or fans? Needs clarifying by Ratcliffe/Ineos.

This needs addressing ASAP!

Last edited:
Of course they aren’t. But theres levels. And ‘whataboutery’ is the lamest of arguments to justify one against the other.

There’s a World of difference when you’re talking about States with despicable human rights issues controlling everything. And lets not be naive to not know NOTHING in Saudi or Qatar doesn’t happen with the ruling family's say so/ it benefiting them. You either agree, or they make it nigh on impossible for you to operate. Often taking your riches in the process.

Utd is the biggest possible brand they could wish for to sport wash. Do you really want that?
Current president of America authorized use of deplated uranium causing issues with cancer that still presist for 25 years after. It was a terrorist attack on behalf of Nato, sponsored by American goverment.
I have 0 doubt, if given the chance, most of those a-holes would do the same as Qatar/SA. Politics are a ***** and I try to stay away as far as possible.

I have no control over most things, United ownership included. Glazers will sell to the highest bidder, regardless how terrible they are. If they had any morals, they would reject Qatar/SA, right?

Sorry about the typing, I ****** up my right hand's wrist and its hard for me to accurate.

…., Sorry about the typing, I ****** up my right hand's wrist and its hard for me to accurate.

Never apologise for that mate. English is a **** of a language to speak, never mind write, when its not your first language.

Sorry to read that. God speed to it getting better soon. If you haven’t already, seek medical advice if it rolls on.

Are you lads really having a debate on whether rich ******* A is worse than rich ******** B, C and D.

Match day at last.
I see another few surprising results yesterday (y)

Let's hope there's no hiccup today.