The Manchester United Thread

Tbh I wish I was tonight 😕

You need to adopt my attitude to football.
It's just entertainment.
Watch it, enjoy the ups and downs but forget about it like any other form of entertainment when it's over.

By all means, chat about it, like we are now.
But it doesn't pay your bills, it doesn't raise your kids.
It's only entertainment.

Like people said, some of these problems persist for years and years. Meanwhile Pep binned Joe Hart like first week in the club, because that's what's necessary to to play possession style and build from the back.

Like people said, some of these problems persist for years and years. Meanwhile Pep binned Joe Hart like first week in the club, because that's what's necessary to to play possession style and build from the back.

Who? 🤔 .....

..... Oh, the manager of the cheats. We still referencing him and all his tainted trophies in England?

Guardiola had blanco check on his transfers + he could do whatever he wanted with the players. And the ground for him was set few years before his arrival.
United have nothing of that right now, starting from the owners who are one of the worst in the sport.

He’s a symbol of everything wrong which is putting sentiment over rationale.
For you. For me, it's the glazers and blockbuster signings like Sanchez, Pogba and the guy you named yourself after. And then you have a club captain who doesn't take responsibility often, but when he does, he ***** up royally.

It was always going to happen after the first leg, after being 2-0 up and cruising to give the Spanairds the advantage via 2 late goals. This sort of thing to be honest has been the story of the season there has always been a s*** performance waiting to happen. On a postive note at least that's 3 fewer games the squad have to play now...

Ddg, Heaton, Butland, Henderson

AWB, Telles, Bailly, Tuanzebe, Mengi, Maguire, Jones

McTominey, DVB

Elanga, Martial

HUGE!? Over Sancho

far to much deadwood from past years still at the club.

For you. For me, it's the glazers and blockbuster signings like Sanchez, Pogba and the guy you named yourself after. And then you have a club captain who doesn't take responsibility often, but when he does, he ***** up royally.

The highlighted there is why Utd will never get back to seriously challenging. No matter who the manager is. Klopp and the cheat at City couldn’t compete at the very top under this dysfunction.

Take this for what ever you want, but I have a mate in Eccles. Shareholder. Really good lad who’s bang on with Utd 9 times out of 10. Mates with Charlton and one or two others he’s had to use for tickets over the years given Utds mad open ballot on aways. Anyway, he’s adamant that your spend will be minimal this summer (in terms of any top players any other major sides are after), as the well is literally dry. Finances are now in that bad a state. Without a sale of the club, which hes never thought was happening from day one given the scandalous price they have values Utd at (a big reason why I’ve said the same in here), the money just isn’t there unless they get investment in. By all accounts, there were big ruptions in January behind the scenes between manager and Arnold and co, as he wanted a forward, but the money just wasn’t there and they gave him a big useless Dutch grok on loan. And theres no way any significant work on the ground is ever happening.

Again, take that for what its worth. But I listen to him far more on Utd than most journalists I read tweeted here.

Until the snakes head is cut off, you’ll continue to be distant also rans.

On Maguire, it is inpressive that he manages to out Maguire, Maguire, each game he plays. Some talent to improve on such a poor standard and get worse every game. Worlds most expensive defender that lest we forget. Which brings this full circle back to the constant in Florida.

The glazers is obviously the crux of the issue mate lol. The point I’m trying to make is we are filled with nostalgia merchants, always scared to make the big decisions that would ruffle a few feathers. We often make the most conservative and least controversial decisions that wouldn’t upset people. Only big decision we made recently was selling Garner (ETH pushed for this to happen)

Like the point @Tyton was on about Hart, city didn’t beg Pep to work with Hart; they just got rid of him. Meanwhile Murtough begged Ten Hag to work with AWB since we couldn’t secure a new RB (or they decided it wasn’t a priority). Sure, this probably all stems from the glazers but I’m simply pointing out a cultural issue that has plagued us for quite sometime now…maybe even as far back as the latter Fergie years.

Everyone knew from the off DDG wouldn’t fit what Ten Hag wanted yet we still kept him anyways. These contract extensions talks with him just about sums it up.

At this rate, we might probably extend Martial too.

I actually do t know what happened with DDG kicking out and passing it’s actually gotten worse season on season. Watched a fair bit of prem league years and Utd season review vids the other week and his passing and kicking especially long was very good in his first few seasons. Usually setting off quick attacks with his long kicking with very good accuracy.

Has he gotten worse, or new goalkeepers breaking through are just better because training has changed and there's big focus on training distribiution from early age.

Milan bought Maignan for peanuts and lad pings long balls like prime Xabi Alonso.

Has he gotten worse, or new goalkeepers breaking through are just better because training has changed and there's big focus on training distribiution from early age.

Milan bought Maignan for peanuts and lad pings long balls like prime Xabi Alonso.
Yeah likely a mixture of both

The glazers is obviously the crux of the issue mate lol. The point I’m trying to make is we are filled with nostalgia merchants, always scared to make the big decisions that would ruffle a few feathers. We often make the most conservative and least controversial decisions that wouldn’t upset people. Only big decision we made recently was selling Garner (ETH pushed for this to happen)

Like the point @Tyton was on about Hart, city didn’t beg Pep to work with Hart; they just got rid of him. Meanwhile Murtough begged Ten Hag to work with AWB since we couldn’t secure a new RB (or they decided it wasn’t a priority). Sure, this probably all stems from the glazers but I’m simply pointing out a cultural issue that has plagued us for quite sometime now…maybe even as far back as the latter Fergie years.

Everyone knew from the off DDG wouldn’t fit what Ten Hag wanted yet we still kept him anyways. These contract extensions talks with him just about sums it up.

At this rate, we might probably extend Martial too.
You can't make a big decision without consulting with the glazers. In fact, they are the only thing about Manchester United that is not mediocre in last 10 years. They are atrocious.

You can't compare City where they lay down the ground for Pep from the very beginning. They also have such structure where really good and smart people who know everything about football are in charge, unlike United's where the glazers trust bankers and lawyers who call football soccer. Pep splurged half a billion in his first 2 seasons. And that is after he inherited squad with David Silva, Aguero, KDB, Kompany, Otamendi, Sterling, Fernandinho...

Back