The Manchester United Thread

I’m a bit concerned nothing about revolutionizing the tactics page wasn’t mentioned. A new 3D engine sounds all well and good but I tend to watch most matches on 2D to understand my team’s overall shape in match situations and honestly, it’s too rigid. I’d like more flexibility on player positioning out of possession vs in possession, set specific pressing triggers, set a pressing structure as well as set the shape I’d want when playing out from the back.
Unfortunately, the days of 2d being better than 3d are long gone. Both are inaccurater (albeit 2d is still better in that regard). There can't be tactical revolution because the match engine is really limited and after just couple of hundreds of hours you see all the patterns in it, and it's shared with many previous FMs. They did alright job in FM23 by adding more animations, but it need a lot more. Basically, you don't know how you're playing, because the match engine is seeing something else, totally different from the 3d aspect of it.

But I agree that tactical system is too limited, and you can only play couple of styles with consistent success.

My biggest fear is that they will continue simplifying the game, making it easier and 'prettier', while neglecting the core elements of the game.

FM23 is one of the worst FMs of all time, and I am not optimistic one bit.

Sorry for lack of spelling, fat fingers and phone are bad match.

So far this is me Han season 1

Attachments

• IMG_0302.jpeg
    IMG_0302.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
Im just about to Sell Linderlof to Madrid for 27m and loan out Maguire. So will have a bit more than what’s showing atm

I managed to send Maguire on loan to Real Madrid with a complusory fee of £19.5m in one of my saves. I may have taken a huge hit moneywise but it was worth it to get him out of the squad

Unfortunately, the days of 2d being better than 3d are long gone. Both are inaccurater (albeit 2d is still better in that regard). There can't be tactical revolution because the match engine is really limited and after just couple of hundreds of hours you see all the patterns in it, and it's shared with many previous FMs. They did alright job in FM23 by adding more animations, but it need a lot more. Basically, you don't know how you're playing, because the match engine is seeing something else, totally different from the 3d aspect of it.

But I agree that tactical system is too limited, and you can only play couple of styles with consistent success.

My biggest fear is that they will continue simplifying the game, making it easier and 'prettier', while neglecting the core elements of the game.

FM23 is one of the worst FMs of all time, and I am not optimistic one bit.

Sorry for lack of spelling, fat fingers and phone are bad match.

I see it a bit in different light. Going to Unity engine was surprising, thought they cook something themself up. But the issue has always relied in my view the limitation they are putting on themself. They limited their min syst req so low it is horrible, there is no way to ensure iteration after iteration a good stable incrise in stability and feature. Once made a long post in their offical forums, on how long they where riding the old hardware specs. Those CPUs in min req where at some point 20years old. How do you create simulated game on this kind of hardware.

Going unity hopefuly sees complete refacto of code base and building very good base. Year after year we saw things getting broken that where patched in previous verison patches. The codebase is so fragile for them. It will be hard to transitsion period for sure. But them being so open with the plan and things already in work, gives a lot of hope. I work as Head of QA in tech comp, i know how hard for dev and users is this kind of change. But it is long overdue, it is needed. I would have even taken one year break with DB update if it meant they put all their time into new engine, both ME and visual.

🚨🌕| Erik ten Hag made the number of commercial days on #mufc’s tour cut from three to one. He understands the importance of the club promoting their brand, but not at the expense of the football. [@TelegraphDucker]

Well despite the result 3-1 loss that was a good watch. Young lads did well against a very rigid and physical Wrexham side. Easily played the better football and created some decent chances. Only really trouble when they went long or through in crosses. That’s how we conceded our first two. The third we conceded on the counter trying to get the equaliser after going down to 10 men 30 seconds into the second half. The ref for sure enjoyed his 90 mins of camera time. Absolutely embarrassing display. Dishing out cards like confetti ( was never a red in a million years! ) getting up in the players faces waving his arms around left right and centre🤦🏻‍♂️

Well despite the result 3-1 loss that was a good watch. Young lads did well against a very rigid and physical Wrexham side. Easily played the better football and created some decent chances. Only really trouble when they went long or through in crosses. That’s how we conceded our first two. The third we conceded on the counter trying to get the equaliser after going down to 10 men 30 seconds into the second half. The ref for sure enjoyed his 90 mins of camera time. Absolutely embarrassing display. Dishing out cards like confetti ( was never a red in a million years! ) getting up in the players faces waving his arms around left right and centre🤦🏻‍♂️
It will keep the Yanks happy especially those new Wrexham fans who will think they are supporting a top team. Don't think any long term fans of either club will be too interested about the scoreline

Quick Fm update. Just finished season 1 did rubbish in the cups, mostly playing youngsters. Pipped Pool and City to the league by 1 and 3 points. Smashed RB Leipzig in the EL final 5-1.

Transfer window so far. Didn’t take up the option to sign Fati or Moukoko. Both clubs wanted close to 100m each. Also released Sabitzer and Wout. Let DDG go and sold all the deadwood raising about 160m taking my budget to 230m.

Signed GK Ruben from Shaktar 24m release clause.

RB wonderkid Ivan Fresneda from Valladolid release clause 20m. Will rotate with AWB and replace him starting season 3.

Signed STR Thuram on a free will rotate with Rashford. Signed Hojlund for 55m 15 upfront rest in installments but loaned him back to Atalanta for the season.

Squad 2nd season

Ruben, Kovar

AWB, Fresneda, Shaw, Malacia

Martinez, Varane, García, Scalvani

Urgarte, Casemiro, Fernandes, Eriksen, Hannibal, Mainoo

Garnacho, Antony, Sancho, Diallo

Rashford, Leaving me with about 160m left. Will save that for when I need to start replacing the likes of Varane, Casemiro, Eriksen. Ideally with Bellingham, Lavia, and a young CB.

Get Hojlund done by the weekend. Amrabat sometime early next week. Job done. First time we have gotten all our ins done before the season kicks off in about 15 seasons. Then just concentrate on the outs. Also managed to get ETH 1/2 choices again.

Another fun pre season watch and more mins in the tank getting ready for the seasons start. On the match was pretty open end to end. Poor Mainoo looks like he suffered a bad one first min it. Hopefully not though and it’s just a sprain will have to wait and hear.

Madrid scored their opener while we was down to 10 men. Great finish by Bellingham but was about a meter offside god knows how the linesman missed it. After we bought Mainoo replacement on we settled down and created some good chances and should have scored tbh. DESPERATELY NEED THE STR IN ASAP! Madrid second goal came after we made a load of subs in the second half. Another fantastic finish overhead kick from Joselu. But Williams was nowhere near him and he had no pressure at all while taking the shot.

On Onana you can see the difference he is gonna make. We was playing noticeably higher up when he was on the pitch. His distribution was good long and short. Made some good saves and came off his line for corners. It was great to see him move and make himself available again after making a pass. Almost playing like a CB at times. Yes there were a few dodgy moments but it’s his first match and first time playing with Varane and Martinez who were both good.

Another thing I noticed but I think we all knew anyway. Eriksen simply can’t play in these matches. Yes he was pretty tidy on the ball but was swamped and dominated by the likes of Bellingham, Tchoumini, Camavinga. He’s just not mobile or physical enough. Most likely why we are signing Amarabat.

Rashford as a STR was non existent. The one good chance he had he should have scored. Still looked leggy understandably. Sancho looked far better in that role when he replaced Rashford.

Garnacho wax lively and exciting. Nearly scored a cracker from long range.

First half defended was solid. Second half the opposite lol when the likes of Maguire, Williams, Dalot came on.

Mount was good again. Dropping deep to progress the ball forward. Tried to get forward and help in attacks. And was constantly working hard in the press and trying to win the ball back.

Fernandes was trying to make things happen had a good shot saved. But was lost playing RW and wasn’t in the game enough.

All in all a pretty even match. But more importantly more mins in the legs. Hopefully some good news on Mainoo today/tomorrow!

Works gonna be a ***** today with no sleep 😭

Thought this would be the case.

#mufc have provisionally planned for Marcus Rashford to play at centre forward in certain games to ease Rasmus Hojlund’s adaptation to English football. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

#mufc believe Rasmus Hojlund is a rough diamond but are impressed by his work ethic and have faith in Ten Hag's coaching ability to develop him into one of the most lethal strikers in Europe. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

The club need to get there finger out with regards to Greenwood.