The Manchester United Thread

Statement from Greenwood:

Speaking for the first time since the case was dropped, Greenwood reiterated that stance while admitting to “mistakes” and wanting “to take my share of responsibility”.

He said: “Today’s decision has been part of a collaborative process between Manchester United, my family and me. The best decision for us all, is for me to continue my football career away from Old Trafford, where my presence will not be a distraction for the club. I thank the club for their support since I joined aged seven. There will always be a part of me which is United.

Simon Stone
@sistoney67
·
Mason Greenwood remains on full pay. All options remain open re future but he is not coming back to train at Man Utd

Likely going out on loan I reckon
Loan means a return. Mutual termination is most likely but heads should roll at the executive level for United. Arnold and co have just shown their true colors and thank god for Adam Crafton the athletic journalist who shone a light on how they tried to bring him back all along until this "pr disaster".

Loan means a return. Mutual termination is most likely but heads should roll at the executive level for United. Arnold and co have just shown their true colors and thank god for Adam Crafton the athletic journalist who shone a light on how they tried to bring him back all along until this "pr disaster".
Can’t see a mutual termination that’s to sensible an outcome and would involve Utd (Glazers) losing any kind of money

Even if they thought Greenwood is a “valuable asset” (idk who’s paying big bucks for him at this point), he’s missed almost 2 very important years of his development as a young player which means his growth is not only stunted but he won’t even come back the same player. Along with being a ticking PR bomb, idk who in their right mind thought that was ever an idea to even be considered

Even if they thought Greenwood is a “valuable asset” (idk who’s paying big bucks for him at this point), he’s missed almost 2 very important years of his development as a young player which means his growth is not only stunted but he won’t even come back the same player. Along with being a ticking PR bomb, idk who in their right mind thought that was ever an idea to even be considered

I was going to suggest the Saudi league for him, but then I realised that Saudi Arabia has made great strides to improve women's rights... So Greenwood might come across as a bit backward in 2023 :whistle:

Last edited:
JUST IN: #mufc lost 3-0 to Burnley in a behind closed doors match at Carrington today. Jonny Evans, Hannibal Mejbri, Alvaro Fernandez, Scott McTominay, Anthony Martial, Donny van de Beek, and Facundo Pellistri all started.

Mason Mount is set to be sidelined for the next four to six weeks and his absence could have repercussions for Scott McTominay’s future at Manchester United
✍️
@TelegraphDucker #TelegraphFootball

Noam Emeran confirming his left the club. Signed for some Dutch club for £1m and we have 35% sell on clause added.

Attachments

• IMG_2018.jpeg
    IMG_2018.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 7