The Manchester United Thread

Time for Alvaro Fernandez to shine
Guessing it will likely be Dalot on the left. Least Alvaro will make the squad I hope. But there’s talks of lots of clubs interested and that Utd would be open to selling as he wants to play more mins. With Malacia and Shaw now out. In no way we should be letting him leave.

Team news

Attachments

• IMG_2149.png
    IMG_2149.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 127
New signing for the womens team very talanted youngester!

She made her debut for Rangers’ first team when she was only 15 years old. Two weeks later Watson scored her first senior goal. Champions League debut as a 16-year old. Later that autumn she came on as a sub and scored against Benfica three minutes before full-time whistle to take the tie to extra time.

Watson played in both the League Cup and the Scottish Cup finals last season. She was named the PFA Scotland Women’s Young Player of the Year for the 2022/23 season.

She made her senior international debut in April and has scored three goals in her four caps thus far.

Welcome Emma!

How bad are these players? Or is it manager's fault again?
You have managers coming and in implementing their vision and style from minute 1, and United needs what, 3 years to start playing some football? **** off mate.
Luckily for United, it's Forest, so they'll bottle it anyway.

The team showed great character to come back from 2-0 down and win the game. Two mistakes by Rashford in defensive transition and from Wan Bissaka when he turned his back on the ball, cost us two goals. But otherwise I thought we played good and played the majority of the game in the opponent's half, hence we scored 3 goals.

The issue ten Hag needs to address is that the team is lacking in athleticism in defensive transition. And add another midfielder who is comfortable operating as the first receiver. But whether the Glazers sanction funds for two more signings remains to be seen but that's what we need and its difficult to point out the profile of player that is required to raise the technical and athletic level of the team.

Jurgen Klopp's tactics are centred around a high level of physical and athletic capabilities. Without him signing those types of players his tactics wouldn't work in the EPL. Klopp's Liverpool have been successful because his teams have been able to control defensive transitions which has allowed his team to play in the opponent's half with a strong rest defense who are capable of containing opposition transitions in larger spaces. Hence the forwards can press more effectively due to the control the players behind give them out of possession.

Guardiola himself has realised that he needs to pay more attention to controlling defensive transitions and also being a bigger threat in transition himself. Hence the likes of Ake, Akanji etc were signed to control the defensive transition and Doku to be a threat in offensive transition.

Hojlund and Mount isn't bad to raise the level but we need more players.

I see "defensive transition" is this season's buzz word in England :LOL:

Whatever happened to physicality and proactive??
I think they were the kids trends in 21 and 22 ;)

I see "defensive transition" is this season's buzz word in England :LOL:

Whatever happened to physicality and proactive??
I think they were the kids trends in 21 and 22 ;)
Well to quote Ten Hag “I want us to be the best transitional team in the world”. If you do look at it, the overall profile and core of the team fits a transitional style of play rather than a possession based on.

I do like the fact we counter press much higher up this season but there are still kinks to be worked

I sometimes wish I wasn't a mod and I could write what I think. Like being a ******* forum janitor has so very few advantages.