The Manchester United Thread

I called Mason Mount average from the get go however….you all can quote me on that from July lol.
Tbf I don't think he's a bad player. It's just a classic case of poor scouting. He's best position clashes with Bruno imo. Plus you can find a player just as good or even better for a fraction of the wages on the continent.

I’ll be the first to own up to that only because I was desperate for ANY dof at that point (I believe this followed Ed Woodward’s resignation). In hindsight, he’d been part of the problem since 2014. If all we do is sign ex-Ten Hag players then we could do that without a DOF which makes me question what he actually does.

All that combined with discarding Ralf Rangnick just makes this all the more unbearable. His comments really have aged like wine
Letting Rangnick go looks like a bad decision in hindsight. However, he's position was untenable once he started calling out those above him. Also if the incoming manager doesn't want to work with him there's not much you can do.

Tbf I don't think he's a bad player. It's just a classic case of poor scouting. He's best position clashes with Bruno imo. Plus you can find a player just as good or even better for a fraction of the wages on the continent.
This is what makes it worse:

1. he’s not nearly as good as Bruno so he was likely going to play 2nd fiddle to him.

2. Paying £55 million for a backup is very asinine especially considering Aouar was free (and 25 years).

3. This is compounded by the fact that Bruno is hardly ever injured.

4. He’s on higher wages than Bruno

Letting Rangnick go looks like a bad decision in hindsight. However, he's position was untenable once he started calling out those above him. Also if the incoming manager doesn't want to work with him there's not much you can do.

If I understood the parameters of his “consultancy” was that he was going to be working along our “DOF” John Murtaugh. If that’s the case then he’s working directly above Ten Hag. Ten Hag shouldn’t be able to dictate who works above him.

They just used that as an excuse to get rid of him to avoid the potential backlash.

I was happy tbh that Murtaugh got the DOF role. Especially after all the good work he did with the academy and assembling of the womens team. Guess the job is to jog for him.

I stopped judging players in United. Clearly something is so rotten than even the best talent can't perform. Players look lifeless, especially Casemiro.

Signed from Chelsea

Attachments

• IMG_3638.jpeg
    IMG_3638.jpeg
    940.5 KB · Views: 7
I stopped judging players in United. Clearly something is so rotten than even the best talent can't perform. Players look lifeless, especially Casemiro.
Oh I’m judging their professionalism…casemiro might just be a case of him running out of legs (saw something similar with Fabinho)

You always did stick to that mate. I got that signing wrong in our back and forth over him.

But then lest we forget he was said to be twice the player Szoboszlai was in the summer in here.

That aged well.
I'm still waiting for you to honor our bet. But you never will. And yet, you're a big man for quoting me for stating the facts. At the time Mount was twice the player.

Also, steady on buddy.

I'm still waiting for you to honor our bet. But you never will. And yet, you're a big man for quoting me for stating the facts. At the time Mount was twice the player.

Also, steady on buddy.

He never has been twice the player of anyone for a good few years now. But regardless, pray tell what I aren’t honouring?

Did you ever had a job mate?
Haven’t had one that paid nearly as much as what some of these twats are getting paid, that’s for sure. I couldn’t be Jason Sancho and take annual 3 month paid vacations too. And I have worked in a toxic work environment before.

Haven’t had one that paid nearly as much as what some of these twats are getting paid, that’s for sure. I couldn’t be Jason Sancho and take annual 3 month paid vacations too. And I have worked in a toxic work environment before.
You might act even worse for all you know if you found yourself in similar position.
Not getting into who's right and who's not, Sancho thinks he's been wronged. It is not like he does not want to play, it's the EtH who's refusing him to play.
I once called my boss a c*nt, I would gladly accept 3 months paid leave for that. But nope, I was there tomorrow, working my *** off even more.

He never has been twice the player of anyone for a good few years now. But regardless, pray tell what I aren’t honouring?
And yet the only reason why Liverpool got Szoboszlai is because Mount rejected Liverpool. I'd bet he'd be a revelation for Liverpool if he was there. Instead, he's at the toxic pit with no bottom called Manchester United.

And oh, Jude Bellingham.

You might act even worse for all you know if you found yourself in similar position.
Not getting into who's right and who's not, Sancho thinks he's been wronged. It is not like he does not want to play, it's the EtH who's refusing him to play.
I once called my boss a c*nt, I would gladly accept 3 months paid leave for that. But nope, I was there tomorrow, working my *** off even more.
Me too. In that instance, I’d do the absolute bare minimum

And yet the only reason why Liverpool got Szoboszlai is because Mount rejected Liverpool. I'd bet he'd be a revelation for Liverpool if he was there. Instead, he's at the toxic pit with no bottom called Manchester United.

And oh, Jude Bellingham.

Keep on deluding yourself that Mount rejected us if it helps you sleep better. How you turn down an offer that was never there is anyone's guess but whatever helps. You're a complete lost cause with your mad delusions on this so carry on pushing that at your leisure

The Bellingham bet? As was openly offered to you at the time we walked away, if you don't tell me what signature to change to, I can't, yanno', 'honour' the bet and change the signature. See how that works again? Sadly, I aren't psychic. You never offered one up when asked.