The Manchester United Thread

Me too. In that instance, I’d do the absolute bare minimum
Didn't have the luxury mate. But now, I'd simply get a new job.

Wasn’t the reason because Liverpool weren’t willing to pay him £250k a week?
Yeah, that was part of why he refused them.

Keep on deluding yourself that Mount rejected us if it helps you sleep better. How you turn down an offer that was never there is anyone's guess but whatever helps. You're a complete lost cause with your mad delusions on this so carry on pushing that at your leisure

The Bellingham bet? As was openly offered to you at the time we walked away, if you don't tell me what signature to change to, I can't, yanno', 'honour' the bet and change the signature. See how that works again? Sadly, I aren't psychic. You never offered one up when asked.
The bet was for you to change your avatar to Jude in RM jersey. But didn't care enough back then to 'ask' you to do it.

The 'bet' , which was actually an offer from me giving you didn't have a F clue how deep we were in with Bellingham and were madly arguing everything to the contrary like you continue to do with Mount, was if he didn't sign at Anfield, which was only ever happening if we walked away, I'd change my signature to whatever you chose. So sure was I on the solid info I had there. When we did pull the plug down to needing far more, I went through the whole saga, which every reputable journalist reiterated, and told you if you still wanted me to change my sig for a season, I would. You never offered anything. Again, I aren't psychic.

But sound, if that's what you want me have for the rest of this season, I'll change my signature.

Done. Let me know if that's an acceptable picture to you. If it is, it stays for the rest of this season.

But please don't try come out with any future B/S that I welched on anything when you and everyone else here knows full well I didn't. I offered to put my **** signature on the line in the first place for Pete's sake.

Appreciation in advance.

Done. Let me know if that's an acceptable picture to you. If it is, it stays for the rest of this season.

But please don't try come out with any future B/S that I welched on anything when you and everyone else here knows full well I didn't. I offered to put my **** signature on the line in the first place for Pete's sake.

Appreciation in advance.
Really don't care. Do what you want. Whole point was that you have **** takes on football and you're not knowledgeable at all. Anyway, moving on.

Like, whole club is filled with life leaching parasites. Nothing will change until it all burns down.

No, we’ll leave it as that avatar for the season after you went out of your way to talk utter wham on something that you don’t care about. 😉

Saves any more mistruths on the subject.

Having an offer accepted due to the financial advantage isn’t much to brag about.
Agreed. Nonetheless, he rejected their offer.

They didn’t think Mount was worth that much and withdrew.

That is why Liverpool is in such strong position, proper structure with functionaling football brain operating. Even of they miss on option a, b, or c, they have have already identified options d, e and f.

Having an offer accepted due to the financial advantage isn’t much to brag about.

They didn’t think Mount was worth that much and withdrew.

We went through this in the summer but to clear this up again, it wasn’t the salary that had L’pool walking mate. They already had a deal in principle with Mount agreed earlier in the summer long before Utd got involved. It was the money Utd paid to Chelsea that had them say‘ thanks, but no thanks.’ Doubling what he was happy with at Anfield just added to Utd’s utter madness. As much as we disagreed on the qualities of Mount, you and I did agree that it was absolutely absurd what Utd paid for a player in the last year of his contract, who wanted out, and who had barely played over the last few years. ALL the power is with the buying club there and why L’pool wouldn’t pay more than around £35 million. Chelsea were screwed until you steamed in.

The only player you have we walked away from over salary was Sancho when that was done with Dortmund, then you steamed in with an absurd wage for a teenager. And here you now are suffering the consequences of that. We walked away from Mount because Chelsea well overpriced him to what L’pool valued him at. So boss la being thrown up as the alternative is a new one. That came around from the German SD talking to RBL over the Carvalho loan, and them letting the release clause out. That was a no-brainer as they’d been high on him for a long time and his younger age and better development than Mount fit perfectly. But he wasn’t an option until Chelsea priced Mount out of our reach to what we were prepared to pay for him. (And thank Christ they did. Maddison aside, there’s not been a better signing in the league this year.).

Mad how many of your online brigrade continue to push this false narrative on Mount that he rejected L’pool in favour of Utd. When it couldn’t be further from the truth. Mounts at Utd for one reason and one reason only. Utd massively over paid on the transfer fee.

Whatever helps them rationalise the madness I guess.

Last edited:
Summary if you can’t be arsed to read 😋

• Sources said on Friday that the £245m investment would be staggered, with the bulk of it being handed to the club by the end of the year.
  • They added that it would be financed by Sir Jim personally and would not add to Manchester United's existing borrowings.
  • Adding together the cost of the stock purchase and the other capital for investment means that Sir Jim will be committing about £1.5bn on day one of his United interest, although that figure could vary depending on the price he ultimately pays for the shares.
  • The deal is expected to be announced within a fortnight, although negotiations between Sir Jim's team and the Glazers are ongoing, meaning that the timetable for an announcement remains subject to change.
  • One source close to the talks said the additional $300m investment would be focused on United's physical infrastructure, and not on addressing deficiencies on the playing side of the club.

Summary if you can’t be arsed to read 😋

• Sources said on Friday that the £245m investment would be staggered, with the bulk of it being handed to the club by the end of the year.
  • They added that it would be financed by Sir Jim personally and would not add to Manchester United's existing borrowings.
  • Adding together the cost of the stock purchase and the other capital for investment means that Sir Jim will be committing about £1.5bn on day one of his United interest, although that figure could vary depending on the price he ultimately pays for the shares.
  • The deal is expected to be announced within a fortnight, although negotiations between Sir Jim's team and the Glazers are ongoing, meaning that the timetable for an announcement remains subject to change.
  • One source close to the talks said the additional $300m investment would be focused on United's physical infrastructure, and not on addressing deficiencies on the playing side of the club.
$300m isn't going to go very far I believe OT needs twice that to be brought up to the standard of most other top stadiums. Once again the Glazers are effectively gaining to the detriment of the football side.

got it last night im 2nd after 11game drew with pool and beat city away 2-0 so not at all like real life
Yea it's unlike RL I mean I have the club sitting pretty in 4th place, beat Barca in the Champions League and got rid of some of the dross (not all but Maguire is on loan at Real with a complusory purchase price of £25m, Martial is out on loan and I got decent CB/DM who is actually doing well for under £50m lol)

$300m isn't going to go very far I believe OT needs twice that to be brought up to the standard of most other top stadiums. Once again the Glazers are effectively gaining to the detriment of the football side.
It will go further than you think. Cities brand new start of the art training complex. Also currently considered the best in the world cost less than 200m. Obviously it’s nowhere near enough. But it’s start and it’s his own cash not Ineos groups. That’s already waaaaaay more than what the glazers have put in over their tenure so far.

Plus it’s only the first part of his planned investment.

It will go further than you think. Cities brand new start of the art training complex. Also currently considered the best in the world cost less than 200m. Obviously it’s nowhere near enough. But it’s start and it’s his own cash not Ineos groups. That’s already waaaaaay more than what the glazers have put in over their tenure so far.

Plus it’s only the first part of his planned investment.
It may sort out the training complex but OT is a decaying hulk of mismatched stands (yes I know why one side is lower than the rest) which have been allowed to fall into it's current state for too long. Bear in mind the figure quoted is in US dollar so the true amount in £ is much less (approx £250m so with inflation less than City's training complex cost at today's prices). Ratcliffe is being taken for a mug by the Yanks.

It may sort out the training complex but OT is a decaying hulk of mismatched stands (yes I know why one side is lower than the rest) which have been allowed to fall into it's current state for too long. Bear in mind the figure quoted is in US dollar so the true amount in £ is much less (approx £250m so with inflation less than City's training complex cost at today's prices). Ratcliffe is being taken for a mug by the Yanks.
Would you rather he not invest at all?

And there’s nothing wrong with the stands at OT. OT problem is it needs a serious revamp and modernising. The structure/shape is fine!

Last edited: