The Manchester United Thread

If they were honest with ETH and told him before the FA cup final, isn’t there a chance that Ten Hag would’ve just thrown the cup final? What’s he gaining from winning if the outcome is all the same? Food for thought
He's gaining another thophy in his CV, and it shows just how professional he is.

Tell that to FM who has it hard coded that he returnes there and leave as a free agent.
Noticed this tbh. And just for giggles I’ve tried to sign him back for the last 7 seasons since he left. No luck. He’s now playing for Madrid and worth 170£m

Noticed this tbh. And just for giggles I’ve tried to sign him back for the last 7 seasons since he left. No luck. He’s now playing for Madrid and worth 170£m
I've used in game editor to cancel the loan and to sell him to Juventus (because f them), but I automatically got loan offer from Getafe that was automatically accepted. When I used IGE again to force sell him to Juve, after a few days I got message that Juve offered money for him, even though he was in their team. Oh and Getafe got 25% of transfer fee for some reason even though he's not their player.

Def some weird coding

Doubtless won’t make a lick of difference as INEOS/ the Glazers have patently made up their mind last week to be already interviewing people, but fair ***** for Utd fans standing up against more of the same for what they believe in-

Mate, they haven’t interviewed anyone. You give these hit pieces way too much credence.

Another thing: if they base their footballing decisions on fan opinions then we’re ****** before it even begins lol. We are incredibly reactionary and just go with the vibes. That’s precisely how we got Solskjaer a job among other things. I wonder if we even see this letter in a scenario where we get walloped by city.

Mate, they haven’t interviewed anyone. You give these hit pieces way too much credence.

Another thing: if they base their footballing decisions on fan opinions then we’re ****** before it even begins lol. We are incredibly reactionary and just go with the vibes. That’s precisely how we got Solskjaer a job among other things. I wonder if we even see this letter in a scenario where we get walloped by city.

Of all the people here, I'm really surprised to see that from you.

No mate, you wouldn't have seen that if you'd got walloped by City. As ten Hag doubtless would have been binned on Sat'day night and they wouldn't now be delaying announcing that and his replacement down to what winning and fan reaction has F up for them.

Or maybe I'm just giving obvious briefings/ leaks from managers that have already been approached, too much credence?

He's gaining another thophy in his CV, and it shows just how professional he is.
You can’t know for sure now can you? It’s not like it’s the first trophy he’s won (probably won’t be the last). If you look at the situation from an owner’s perspective, it’s better an employee operate under the assumption of keeping his job vs losing it.

But I’ll give him this, he’s handled this (the press) as graciously as anyone could. I would’ve gone the Nigel Pearson route.

🚨
| #mufc maintain today they will not make a decision on Erik ten Hag's future until they have completed their review of their season. Club sources say the review will take place this week while Ten Hag is on holiday. [Samuel Luckhurst, MEN]

Clowns for doing a review of the manager. Pretty much what any would do after taking over operations of a major sports team…….

Clowns for doing a review of the manager. Pretty much what any would do after taking over operations of a major sports team…….

Unless the past week didn't happen, they've done the review. Sat'day just F up the outcome and set the announcement back.

The question for you would be will the fan backlash force them to about turn and let the ten Hag project continue?

Unless the past week didn't happen, they've done the review. Sat'day just F up the outcome and set the announcement back.

The question for you would be will the fan backlash force them to about turn and let the ten Hag project continue?
I have no idea what’s going on tbh mate I don’t think anyone does. But Ornstien said the review hasn’t happened yet.

It won’t be McKenna anyway. Even if they are looking at replacements. From Ornstein

🚨 Kieran McKenna expected to sign new long-term contract with Ipswich Town. 38yo Northern Irishman considered by Chelsea, Man Utd & Brighton but set to end speculation by committing future to #ITFC after securing promotion to Premier League @TheAthleticFC

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein

🚨 Man Utd to let dust settle on FA Cup win before doing thorough post-season review, including performance + future of Erik ten Hag. Full assessment planned ahead of final decision on whether to keep 54yo or change. W/ @lauriewhitwell @TheAthleticFC #MUFC