The Manchester United Thread

De Ligt for around £40m would be a great deal. What worries me is that he is a really passive defender that doens't engage in physical duels often.

He's not a natural fit for Lisandro, who's very passive defender himself.

I'd like us to try Murillo.
Martinez is anything but passive lol

More on Girona and Donny van de Beek deal.

Understand agreement will be completed early next week also on player side, Manchester United will have big sell-on clause.

Small initial fee 500k, easy add-ons up to €4/5m and then more add-ons up to €10/15m.

Been reported this morning that Ashworth and ETH have told Maguire and Lindelof they can both leave this summer.

Looks like Zirkzee will be out first signing then. Tbh not seen a lot of him especially at Bologna but after doing some research and speaking with some of there fans on various groups.

He appears to be more technical than Hojlund and has good way better dribbling qualities, deceptively agile and quick on a turn for a 6ft 4 player. Capable of playing deep and in the channels, defo not a target man. He is best as a false 9 or as part of a front 2. He'd suit Rashford and Garnacho, also Hojlund in a 2 because he thrives in link ups and getting other team mates through.

Not exactly a beast in the air but not terrible, not someone to throw his weight around too much and I don't think he has an in-box presence, but appears to thrive on his late runs and clever movement to bag his goal or assist.

‼️‼️Not my words but I kind of agree with a lot of it despite my own initial doubts when it was rumoured he/they was going to be the preferred option. Yes there are 1 or 2 things that have irked me but for most parts I’m very happy since they have taken part owners and the time in which things seem to be happening.

MAN UTD UNDER INEOS:

- Berrada in as CEO
- Completed Dan Ashworth's move as DOF
- Jason Wilcox as TD
- Appointed Christopher Vivell as Director of Recruitment
- Replaced other positions with football people instead of money men
- Slashing and over bloated work force
- Sorted out both manager appointments
- Adressing much needed things to the stadium
- Well under way with stadium plans redev or New stadium
- Finally redevelopment of Carrington
- SJR with nearly £300m invested into the club of his own funds
- Appointed Nistelrooy as coach
- Appointed René Hake as coach
- Appointed Jelle ten Rouwelaar as goalkeeping coach
- Brought in 3 top medical additions
- Trimming the fat from the squad and slashing the squad wage bill
- Made numerous youth signings
- Made women’s signings
- De Ligt's move close to completion
- Zirkzee's move close to completion
- Actively in talks with other potential signings

But there are actual United 'fans' calling INEOS 'Glazers 2.0', when they're indeed working so hard behind the scenes, making very sensible structural appointments and player signings.

Patience, and let INEOS cook.

It feels strange how we’re working on two different deals simultaneously…almost felt we could only do one at a time. Before preseason too? I’m not used to this.

Bring back the summer long sagas only to end up signing x player for an inflated fee on the last week of the summer transfer window pls

It feels strange how we’re working on two different deals simultaneously…almost felt we could only do one at a time. Before preseason too? I’m not used to this.

Bring back the summer long sagas only to end up signing x player for an inflated fee on the last week of the summer transfer window pls
Agree. Nice and much needeed change. I would say from going off Ornstien we are working on Yoro and Urgarte currently also so that would be 4 deals at the same time. It’s nice to see us we walked a way from Branthwaite.

Also don’t forget about the outgoings we are currently in discussions with atm with DVB and Greenwood. And contract extensions of Evans, Shortire. Amazing what can be done with people who know what there doing in charge and running things.

David Ornstein

@David_Ornstein
·
🚨
Mason Greenwood reported to Carrington this morning for short meeting with Man Utd execs. Did not train - discussed latest on finding new club then left. Marseille in pole after they + Lazio made firm offers & entered advanced talks @TheAthleticFC #MUFC

Shaping up to be our biggest and most important transfer window in the last 2 decades if what’s happening and going to happen according to the Athletic, Mitten, Ornstein this morning.

Also sounds like the 3 new Dutch coaches will be announced today. Just before ETH official pre season interview at 4pm

Back