The Manchester United Thread

BREAKING:#mufc are set to make almost a quarter of its workforce redundant. At a series of meetings early today, staff were given the bombshell news that up to 250 of the club’s 1,100 employees will be losing their jobs.[@MikeKeegan_DM]

It is thought that there are two key factors behind the move. Following INEOS’s arrival, the priority has been placed on the performance of the first team at #mufc and the figure expected to be saved by the forthcoming cost-cutting is thought to run into the tens of millions – with that cash to instead be invested in Erik ten Hag’s playing squad.Compliance with the Premier League’s controversial Profit and Sustainability (PSR) rules is also understood to have played a part.[
@MikeKeegan_DM

Scouts have previously been left surprised by requests from former football director John Murtough to make their reports more “eloquent” than simply describing a player as quick, strong or athletic. United co-owner Joel Glazer was said to read all the reports on a Monday.

“The most common concern by far, however, is that the hard work of identifying talent and beating other clubs to the punch has been let down over the years by a lack of speed, clarity and certainty in decision-making.”

I wonder why

Gonna have a super strong u16 and u 18s again this season!

Manchester United are signing winger Samuel Lusale from Crystal Palace.

Lusale, 16, played in Slovakia's three group games at the Under-17 European Championship in May and was in Palace's FA Youth Cup squad last season.

According to Andy Mitten this morning

“Everyone knows Alex Ferguson and I had our differences, believe me. But the fella managed one of the biggest clubs in the world, from daily training, signing players to youth development. He ran the club top to bottom for 26 years, doing everything with huge success, so when I heard Klopp was tired after coaching some players for 9 years of relative mediocrity, with only one league title in that time, I thought give me a break. Tired? Really? Come off it man. He has endless staff, directors of football and all that malarkey. Players and managers have it cushy these days and have no rights to complain, especially about being tired.”

2_MIRROR-Roy-Keane-identifies-Jurgen-Klopps-Liverpool-failure-despite-ideal-situation.jpg

Sounds like a 2 year deal which is what I was hoping for.
Yep. Now let’s announce Ruud and Hake and get ready for pre season and the coming season.

Lads return to training next week. Strange one as most players are likely to be sold, potentially sold and still in talks for having there 1yr extension triggered. Pretty much all the squad that are guaranteed to stay are at tournaments. And our potential new signings won’t even be on the tour due to this reason.

Gonna be a pretty big juggling act to see us through the start of the seasons early run of games.

BREAKING:#mufc are set to make almost a quarter of its workforce redundant. At a series of meetings early today, staff were given the bombshell news that up to 250 of the club’s 1,100 employees will be losing their jobs.[@MikeKeegan_DM]

It is thought that there are two key factors behind the move. Following INEOS’s arrival, the priority has been placed on the performance of the first team at #mufc and the figure expected to be saved by the forthcoming cost-cutting is thought to run into the tens of millions – with that cash to instead be invested in Erik ten Hag’s playing squad.Compliance with the Premier League’s controversial Profit and Sustainability (PSR) rules is also understood to have played a part.[
@MikeKeegan_DM

S houses.

Can’t bin the multi-millionaire players. So S all over those they can. ‘’Money saved will go on first team" is a particularly egregious way of phrasing this to get football twitter kids to back the decision

Proper Tory behaviour.

S houses.

Can’t bin the multi-millionaire players. So S all over those they can. ‘’Money saved will go on first team" is a particularly egregious way of phrasing this to get football twitter kids to back the decision

Proper Tory behaviour.
While I feel sorry for those that have lost there jobs. I knew this was coming as soon as it was reported by Ducker, Mitten, Ornstein and Whitwall that we have nearly double the amount of staff running the club then any other top team in Europe.

And there will definitely be a huge clear out in players and wages don’t worry about that!

Confirmed he’s now officially started by Orny.

Exclusive: Christopher Vivell has today started work as Manchester United’s director of global talent after work permits signed this morning. He will report directly to Dan Ashworth

Yep. Now let’s announce Ruud and Hake and get ready for pre season and the coming season.

Lads return to training next week. Strange one as most players are likely to be sold, potentially sold and still in talks for having there 1yr extension triggered. Pretty much all the squad that are guaranteed to stay are at tournaments. And our potential new signings won’t even be on the tour due to this reason.

Gonna be a pretty big juggling act to see us through the start of the seasons early run of games.
So circling back on this, we really just triggered the +1 option on his existing contract so not much of a vote in confidence. Almost like the club are threading lightly and bringing in 2 head coaches to fill in as assistant coaches just screams contingency planning. We just have to be prepared that on the first sign of things getting bad, Ten Hag is off

So circling back on this, we really just triggered the +1 option on his existing contract so not much of a vote in confidence. Almost like the club are threading lightly and bringing in 2 head coaches to fill in as assistant coaches just screams contingency planning. We just have to be prepared that on the first sign of things getting bad, Ten Hag is off
Yeah just read that. I still think they trust him but are protecting themselves business wise incase. They could have easily sacked him. They haven’t and they have brought in 2 coaches he’s asked for. And he’s still having a huge say on transfer targets. Defo won’t be hear long if we are as bad as last season.

...Defo won’t be hear long if we are as bad as last season.
I reckon if he has a faltering start to the season he’s gone. None of that “it’s only 10 games” excuse as it’ll been seen as a continuation of last season. Wouldn’t shock me if he’s gone by October so he’s on a very short leash