The Manchester United Thread

Our 17-year old midfielder Jacob Devaney has signed his first professional contract. One of the boys that perhaps went a bit under the radar in last season's triumphs. A solid player who is comfortable and composed on the ball.

Roberto De Zerbi on Mason Greenwood:“He hasn’t signed yet, there’s not much to say. He’s a world-class player.

"I don’t know his background. No matter the player, once they sign here, they become like my children. I protect them through thick and thin. Maybe, in private I’ll pull their ears, but in public, I’ll defend them like my sons."[via
@GFFN
]

Ashton Missin rewarded with his first pro contract today…congrats to him & his family Missed a lot of football in 2022/23 due to a bad injuryThink he will be the starting u18s winger this season, then moved up to u21s. This is the season to hit those high G/A targets

18-year old goalkeeper Thomas Myles has signed his first professional contract at the club. Had some very good performances for the U18s late last season when he got more opportunities.

Very calm with the ball at his feet, a decent shot stopper too. Will be interesting to see whether he’ll grow a bit as he’s not the tallest of keepers.

That will be another 250k a week of the wage bill with Greenwood and Donny leaving. To good deals fees wise for us for a change
Gotta feel sorry for Donny in some respects. He never really got going and as a result his confidence has been shot to pieces. At least this deal means he won't have any real pressure to preform and if he does well the club will get some money back even if it's just a fraction of what was paid. As for Greenwood he was never going to come back to the club the atomsphere is just too toxic. A decent deal for a player who will prove a bargain for the buyers even with that massive sell on fee.

Gotta feel sorry for Donny in some respects. He never really got going and as a result his confidence has been shot to pieces. At least this deal means he won't have any real pressure to preform and if he does well the club will get some money back even if it's just a fraction of what was paid. As for Greenwood he was never going to come back to the club the atomsphere is just too toxic. A decent deal for a player who will prove a bargain for the buyers even with that massive sell on fee.
Yeah Donny was clearly never an Ole signing. Never played and like you said confidence shot. Played less than 50 games in the last 3 seasons. Also down to injuries.

Clearly they are making sure they don't lose any of the next crop of youngsters like in the past. Not that it means that the lads will make it to the first team but at least there will be every chance that some may. 87 years and counting since the club last fielded a first team squad without at least one youth team graduate so there is every chance one may make it.

Clearly they are making sure they don't lose any of the next crop of youngsters like in the past. Not that it means that the lads will make it to the first team but at least there will be every chance that some may. 87 years and counting since the club last fielded a first team squad without at least one youth team graduate so there is every chance one may make it.
Ones to watch out for this season. More of Wheatley the STR. Collyer the DM, Williams the winger, Lacey AM.

From Ornstein :)

Ruud van Nistelrooy and Rene Hake confirmed as part of Erik ten Hag's coaching team @manutd to 2026. Steve McClaren (senior first team coach) and Darren Fletcher (first team coach) remain. Mitchell van der Gaag and Benni McCarthy leave.

Whoop 🤩

Fabrizio Romano

@FabrizioRomano
·
🚨
🔴
EXCLUSIVE: Joshua Zirkzee to Manchester United, here we go!Man United will NOT trigger the clause but pay slightly above €40m with better payment terms, in three years.Zirkzee signs until June 2029 with option for further season.First signing of INEOS new era.
🇳🇱

Back