The Manchester United Thread

Mate behave will yer. You've done what they did. Thrown ridiculous money at a kid nobody else was prepared to do.

Celebrate the signing. But don't talk ***** and make it something it isn't any different to the norm.
At least this time its a talented youngster tbf. I was praying they would sign the dutch Maguire in De Ligt. Yeah, they've thrown stupid money at Yoro but if he wants he move to Madrid in the future he will have to perform and they will sell for double.

If people think Ineos are running things and doing the exact same as the Glazers and the other numpties that have left. Crack on 🤣

I'm just enjoying the hypocrisy of one being championed for doing the exact same as the other, who got scolded for it, mate.

At least this time its a talented youngster tbf. I was praying they would sign the dutch Maguire in De Ligt. Yeah, they've thrown stupid money at Yoro but if he wants he move to Madrid in the future he will have to perform and they will sell for double.

Jesus mate. There's enough madness being spouted here without you throwing out ridiculous takes like that d.

What are they proving you wrong about again mate? If the Glazers were the name on the tin, itd be more of the same. Paying an initial £50 million plus, for an 18-year old with one season in the French league under his belt. (And not a very impressive one statistically at that).
The fee is a big risk however, with his potential ceiling as high as is, I think it’s worth the gamble. It’s also a £42 million initial fee.
Oh, and putting him on £113k per week rising to £145k ..... You rightly scolded them for doing similar with Mount. And you've just seen the return of Sancho after giving him stupid money out of the gate.
With Mount, being 25, I didn’t see any real upside to his development anymore to justify the amount of money spent, not to mention the stupid wages.

That said, where did you get those wage figures? I’d be infuriated if he was offered anything close to 150k a week (we probably would’ve had to have offered more than Madrid but that much more is a travesty

My concern that prompted the de Jong comparisons is spending all summer chasing a player who was never signing and then end up signing some 30 year old in the last week of the window.

Haven’t seen any reputable Journos report on the wages this far. While it’s unavoidable that we offer more wages than what Madrid were offering (cos it’s Madrid and no CL football), I’d be incredibly disappointed if we offered anything close to 150k a week to an 18 year old.

Ya know mate, I won’t deny this comparison may have crossed my mind a few times when I expressed my skepticism for de Ligt. To an extent, he does remind me a bit of Maguire. Not as slow but can still find him turned Inside out by quick and strong attackers. Better on the ball as well but in terms of weaknesses, he shares a lot of those with slabhead

Last edited:
The fee is a big risk however, with his potential ceiling as high as is, I think it’s worth the gamble. It’s also a £42 million initial fee.

With Mount, being 25, I didn’t see any real upside to his development anymore to justify the amount of money spent, not to mention the stupid wages.

That said, where did you get those wage figures? I’d be infuriated if he was offered anything close to 150k a week (we probably would’ve had to have offered more than Madrid but that much more is a travesty

Ornstein/ The Telegraph etc are reporting it as £52 million rising to £58.8 mate FWIW.

I can’t think of any teenage CH coming close to this package ever. For a stark comparison, not that I think he’s going anywhere, but if Trent, who is generational and one of the best right full’s in history, was put on the market, in the last year of his contract as he now is, L’pool would struggle to get takers at £60 million.

I’ll preface this by saying I’ve never so much as seen him play. So I don’t know how high or not his potential is. It’s patently there as L’pool were very interested. But only at the right opportunity/ price for a lad that would effectively have been, right here, right now, a 4th choice deep CH option to develop. That fee/ wages Utd have done ended that and was way too rich even for Madrid. All I would say is one season in the French League, which lets be honest is gash quality outside of PSG, with stats that Quansah P all over in almost every category, makes it even more ridiculous to me. Now I don’t know if Quansah will dip his second season. But given he did that, in the PL, where there is no comparison to France, it puts it all in stark prespective.

Lille have, yet again, like they did with Pepe, played an absolute blinder to get a fee well over any current market value. Made even better by him being in the last year of his deal. The Mount/ Sancho comparisons are glaring in context mate which makes this more of the Glazers usual MO.

And its not even INEOS fault as these are inherited issues where Utd have fallen to such depths, massively over paying is the only way you can attract/ compete with the likes of Madrid and L’pool.

Its just amusing the hypocrisy of everyone saying its different. When they’d be fuming if the name running these deals were ‘Glazer’ and not ‘INEOS.’

Last edited:
Didn’t Madrid pay 45m for Vin JNR at the age of 18. And paid 35m for Endrick at 16 years old possibly rising to 60m. Didn’t they pay close to 40m for Camavinga at 18. And Tchoumeni for over 80m at 20 years old.

Sounds like nonsense they found Yoro fee a bit rich. It’s not taken the Spanish media to start with the laughable stories. Same old when a player turns them down. But hey ho it’s fine now and I’m delighted we got the lad.

As for things being the same. If the old lot were still incharge of transfers we would of been bent right over and Everton laughing in our face after Woody handing them 80m for Branthwaite and giving him 200k a week.

Thought she was leaving. So happy with this. Good squad option for another yr.

Manchester United Women

@ManUtdWomen
·
Let's go, Keets!
🫡
We have activated an option for @LilKeets which will see her contract run until the end of the 2024/25 season
🤝
#MUWomen

| #mufc offered Leny Yoro the chance to be at the heart of something new, something bold, with the promise of playing time Real Madrid would struggle to offer. This was key in the players decision. [@TelegraphDucker]

Ornstein/ The Telegraph etc are reporting it as £52 million rising to £58.8 mate FWIW.

I can’t think of any teenage CH coming close to this package ever. For a stark comparison, not that I think he’s going anywhere, but if Trent, who is generational and one of the best right full’s in history, was put on the market, in the last year of his contract as he now is, L’pool would struggle to get takers at £60 million.

I’ll preface this by saying I’ve never so much as seen him play. So I don’t know how high or not his potential is. It’s patently there as L’pool were very interested. But only at the right opportunity/ price for a lad that would effectively have been, right here, right now, a 4th choice deep CH option to develop. That fee/ wages Utd have done ended that and was way too rich even for Madrid. All I would say is one season in the French League, which lets be honest is gash quality outside of PSG, with stats that Quansah P all over in almost every category, makes it even more ridiculous to me. Now I don’t know if Quansah will dip his second season. But given he did that, in the PL, where there is no comparison to France, it puts it all in stark prespective.

Lille have, yet again, like they did with Pepe, played an absolute blinder to get a fee well over any current market value. Made even better by him being in the last year of his deal. The Mount/ Sancho comparisons are glaring in context mate which makes this more of the Glazers usual MO.

And its not even INEOS fault as these are inherited issues where Utd have fallen to such depths, massively over paying is the only way you can attract/ compete with the likes of Madrid and L’pool.

It’s just amusing the hypocrisy of everyone saying it’s different. When they’d be fuming if the name running these deals were ‘Glazer’ and not ‘INEOS.’
I understand where you’re coming from. It’s definitely an overpriced deal (seems like the actual figure increases with each announcement so I’ll wait a bit to get the final numbers.) but it seems we’re banking on potential rather than current ability which is the same thing we did with Hojlund. ****, Real Madrid spend over £35 million on a 16 year old that hadn’t played in any of the top leagues recently.

That said, with regards to the wages, Florian is a bit iffy with news outside Germany so I’ll wait a bit. He reported we gave Zirkzee a 110k wage even when his actual wages was half that. For Yoro, I feel a wage around 50k a week is fair. I reaches borderline if it’s around 65k. If we did in fact offer him close to £150k a week then that changes a lot.

What an absolute circus he’s turning out to be!!!

🚨
JUST IN: Marcus Rashford has been banned from driving for six months after he was caught speeding at more than 100mph on the M60, telling a court he thought he was being followed when he overtook an unmarked police car. #mufc [@ManUtdMEN]