The Manchester United Thread

🚨
| Alongside Omar Berrada leading final negotiations, Dan Ashworth and Jason Wilcox were also heavily involved in the Leny Yoro deal.Wilcox flew out to meet Yoro at an early stage in the process to impress on the teenager how much #mifc wanted him and how they would work to develop him.[
@TheAthleticFC
]

I know Scouse is still skeptical over Ineos being a makeover lift and that the glazers are still glazering. I see it differently, yes the fee and wages are exorbitant for a young prospect but I think we forget that he is only just 18 and yes he might still be a bit suspect in areas of his game defensively but he is far ahead of any other 18 I can think off. Also like they say in basketball you cant teach height and the same for football in pace and power when it comes to acceleration and Yoro is built for the PL personally speaking.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that the old United would've fixated on Branthwaite or De Ligt by making stupid bids all summer and then ended up paying up after they got trounced on the opening day of the season and then have a lopsided squad because they were "monitoring" all summer. The City fella you nabbed and Ashworth are genuine football people and not glazer figureheads and that will make a world of difference as you move from target to target rather than fixate on one player all summer and then panic buy. Whether the signings ends up being good is another reason and could be due to a factor of reasons e.g coaching, style of play etc... but it's a good start compared to before.

Didn’t realise Ugarte is only just turned 23. Will be the perfect partner for Mainoo. Sounds like he’s gonna be another good addition to this young squad Ineos are building. And the fee sounds like it’s gonna be less than £40m

I’m going to get shredded here for this but I think Ugarte is the midfield Aaron Wan Bissaka
He’s a **** house nutter which that will work his bollocks off. He’s very good at intercepting and talking and covers the ground. Keeps his passing simple and very very rarely loses the ball and is very press resistant

I’m going to get shredded here for this but I think Ugarte is the midfield Aaron Wan Bissaka
Hes limited but think of him as a younger version of Palhinha who just signed for Bayern. What he's good at he does very well but if he's asked to progress the ball or pass it any further than 5 yards then of course he will look *****.

So just had a quick read of Laurie’s latest article. Seems the plan is for the rest of the window.

Next priority signing is Ugarte for the DM role. Casemiro, McTominey and Eriksen all likely to leave. Hannibal will get his chance this season.

CB sell Linderlof then bring in one of Branthwaite or De Ligt the second most likely as personal terms are already agreed. Maguire gonna stay another year.

Then if AWB leaves Frimpong is ETH choice to replace him.

Also mentioned depending on Malacia being fit we could sign a LB potentially Gutierrez from Girona or the young Turkish FB from Galatasay. Another attacker can’t be ruled out if Sancho leaves.

So just had a quick read of Laurie’s latest article. Seems the plan is for the rest of the window.

Next priority signing is Ugarte for the DM role. Casemiro, McTominey and Eriksen all likely to leave. Hannibal will get his chance this season.

CB sell Linderlof then bring in one of Branthwaite or De Ligt the second most likely as personal terms are already agreed. Maguire gonna stay another year.

Then if AWB leaves Frimpong is ETH choice to replace him.

Also mentioned depending on Malacia being fit we could sign a LB potentially Gutierrez from Girona or the young Turkish FB from Galatasay. Another attacker can’t be ruled out if Sancho leaves.
I dont think that will be happening unless major sales are made. Like I said earlier now that you have actual football people involved they have a list and have allocated funds and have moved down the target list and settled on Yoro.

I dont think that will be happening unless major sales are made. Like I said earlier now that you have actual football people involved they have a list and have allocated funds and have moved down the target list and settled on Yoro.
Yoro was the priority mate. Ive just read he’s been our priority RCB target since end of last season. The plan was always to sign 2 CBs Branthwaite was priority 1 for LCB but the price made us move on to De Ligt.

This was the plan all allong with the new football people. We lost Varane and Kambwalla already. And Linderlof is leaving. 3 out 2 in. Leaves us with 5 CBs for the whole season. Hopefully we avoid the injury crises from last 🙏🏼😅

I know Scouse is still skeptical over Ineos being a makeover lift and that the glazers are still glazering. I see it differently, yes the fee and wages are exorbitant for a young prospect but I think we forget that he is only just 18 and yes he might still be a bit suspect in areas of his game defensively but he is far ahead of any other 18 I can think off. Also like they say in basketball you cant teach height and the same for football in pace and power when it comes to acceleration and Yoro is built for the PL personally speaking. ..,,.:

I didn’t realise you watched Lille/ Ligue 1 mate so closely. Surprised me given how poor standard it is but good to know you’re up on the French game. We’re linked with a few. Albeit in other leagues. So if they develop I’ll ask your opinion. Ta. 🍻

Kicking back in the Portuguese sunshine and loving all this Manchester United football news :)

It's interesting talking to mates that support other teams.
Their feigned, underhanded "I feel sorry for you" type bants have turned into spicier barbs over the past week.

:D

I know Scouse is still skeptical over Ineos being a makeover lift and that the glazers are still glazering. I see it differently, yes the fee and wages are exorbitant for a young prospect but I think we forget that he is only just 18 and yes he might still be a bit suspect in areas of his game defensively but he is far ahead of any other 18 I can think off. Also like they say in basketball you cant teach height and the same for football in pace and power when it comes to acceleration and Yoro is built for the PL personally speaking.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make is that the old United would've fixated on Branthwaite or De Ligt by making stupid bids all summer and then ended up paying up after they got trounced on the opening day of the season and then have a lopsided squad because they were "monitoring" all summer. The City fella you nabbed and Ashworth are genuine football people and not glazer figureheads and that will make a world of difference as you move from target to target rather than fixate on one player all summer and then panic buy. Whether the signings ends up being good is another reason and could be due to a factor of reasons e.g coaching, style of play etc... but it's a good start compared to before.
Definitely not the same as the Glazers for a start there two players already confirmed and another possibly on the way and it's not even the end of July. As for transfer price sometimes you need to speculate to accumulate. If Yoro develops the way it is suggested then down the line I expect Real Madrid will be back but will have to pay so much more than the current price.

Kicking back in the Portuguese sunshine and loving all this Manchester United football news :)

It's interesting talking to mates that support other teams.
Their feigned, underhanded "I feel sorry for you" type bants have turned into spicier barbs over the past week.

:D
So they are getting worried then :ROFLMAO: