The Manchester United Thread

emDouW9J_normal.jpg

SCOOP.

@AcademyScoop
Manchester United’s under-19s THRASHED Udinese 5-0 in their opening Mladen Ramljak Memorial Tournament fixture today.

United u19s beat Trenčin 4-1

Rapid beat Udinese 4-1 in the other group game, so United and Rapid will decide the group winner tomorrow. A draw would be enough for us to get to the final second year in a row.

So after reading and watching Ornstein’s latest articles and podcast.

Sounds like :

AWB out Mazzaroui in
De Ligt in
2 of Eriksen, Mctominay, Casemiro out Urgarte and Amarabat in

Then possible exits in Linderlof, Pellistri, Hannibal, Sancho.

Still a chance for another attacker and LB coming in.

So after reading and watching Ornstein’s latest articles and podcast.

Sounds like :

AWB out Mazzaroui in
De Ligt in
2 of Eriksen, Mctominay, Casemiro out Urgarte and Amarabat in

Then possible exits in Linderlof, Pellistri, Hannibal, Sancho.

Still a chance for another attacker and LB coming in.
If they can get £25m for McTominay then I think he will be gone, Casemiro and Eriksen don't seem to be attracting much interest but of the two Eriksen is more likely to go mainly due to the wage issue with Casemiro. Then it would be nice to see the back of Sancho who is a problem waiting to explode (at least there is interest for him and Hannibal out there).

United u19s beat Trenčin 4-1

Rapid beat Udinese 4-1 in the other group game, so United and Rapid will decide the group winner tomorrow. A draw would be enough for us to get to the final second year in a row.
Do you know where are they playing?

ETH update on Malacia 😀

"He is not that far, but he is now in a progress situation. At a relatively short notice, he can again return into team training and then into team performance in games.

"I think it would be possible (for Malacia to return) in 1to 2 months."

Croatia I think mate.

Last year’s tournament was streamed on the Dinamo Plus app.
Like wtf...I live near Trencin in Slovakia, currently on a business trip to Croatia. How the heck do I not know about this..
Too late now.
Oh, and cheers mate.

We’re in the final! For the second consecutive year.

FT 1-1 (Biancheri pen)

We’ll face either the hosts Dinamo or Juventus tomorrow (10:30 BST). They’ll play their ”semi-final” later today. We'll have an extra 8hrs to recover compared to the other potential finalists.

Devaney was brilliant. Good performances from Armer, Fletcher, Biancheri and Mantato too.

Fair play to Liverpool, they struck where United couldn't defend. And unless United find a functional replacement for Casemiro, EtH wont last very long. That midfield is paper thin and it's painful to watch it getting bypassed by one simple pass.

Fair play to Liverpool, they struck where United couldn't defend. And unless United find a functional replacement for Casemiro, EtH wont last very long. That midfield is paper thin and it's painful to watch it getting bypassed by one simple pass.
Nothing we didn’t know mate tbh. Not arsed about the result but all things considered I thought it was another encouraging run out with further signs of improvement on the pressing game a lot of teams will struggle with this season. Mixed in again with some nice play that led to a hat full of chances, which I’m still shocked we didn’t bag a few goals.

More encouraging signs from the likes of Collyer and Amass who look to be the next in line breaking through to the first team squad.

After the tour I’m very optimistic going into the new season with the new additions made so far and the ones that are likely to come in. Buzzing for the rest of the squad to finally all be together starting Monday. So we can get them up to speed on how this new coaching regime wants them to play.

To be honest we all know Casemiro 's legs have gone, but until he accepts it himself and takes a paycut or some club which plays at a slower and lower standard comes in with a offer with wages acceptable to him then he isn't going anywhere. Shame the club didn't take the Saudi money in January but that's by the by.

Also the squad was missing a raft of players who are either coming back from long term injury or whom spent much of the summer representing their countries. You don't win anything in pre-season games just bragging rights, even the most hardened fan would rather see their team beating their rivals in a league or cup game than in what is effect a training session. There were positives on show and if they can find away of putting the chances into the net (remember there were no out and out strikers in the side due to Hojlund's injury and Zirkzee not joining up with the squad) then it won't be so much of a worry going forward.

This was our biggest problem last night that cost us mostly not that the result mattered but would have been different if Liverpools 2 GKs were not excellent and some poor finishing likely down to end of tour fatigue. Other than that it was individual errors that led to Pools goals not being played through with good footy. The rest of the match stays were pretty much 50/50
IMG_5543.jpeg

U19s currently 2-2 in the final atm after 51 mins. 2 top youth sides going toe to toe with some great footy on display.