The Manchester United Thread

On to the Ugarte news, I’m quite pleased we’re seemingly moving on from him…

Now if we could go for a certain DM in FC Porto called Alan Varela, that’ll be great

On to the Ugarte news, I’m quite pleased we’re seemingly moving on from him…

Now if we could go for a certain DM in FC Porto called Alan Varela, that’ll be great

Jesus mate. After wasting 5 weeks on this summers de Jong farce, unbelievably leaving you with Casimero to start the season again, when they knew the price from the get go, just how long do you think it would take them to **** around with Porto?

Jesus mate. After wasting 5 weeks on this summers de Jong farce, unbelievably leaving you with Casimero to start the season again, when they knew the price from the get go, just how long do you think it would take them to **** around with Porto?
First off, this is no way, shape or form comparable to the de Jong farce. If you recall, de Jong never wanted to leave Spain. We spent all that time negotiating with Barcelona only for de Jong to say no. That was the worst part. I thought the closest signing to that was Yoro as I mentioned previously. From every legitimate report possible, personal terms with Ugarte wasn’t an issue. PSG expecting to make a £10 million profit on a player on the back of an underwhelming season is. Not to mention they signed a replacement already.

Second, Varela has a release clause so it’s quite simple as far as what Porto want for him. We may end up bidding slight higher to pay in installments for FFP purposes (similar to what we did with Zirkzee). Idk if we’re looking into him but I sure hope we are.

First off, this is no way, shape or form comparable to the de Jong farce. If you recall, de Jong never wanted to leave Spain. We spent all that time negotiating with Barcelona only for de Jong to say no. That was the worst part. I thought the closest signing to that was Yoro as I mentioned previously. From every legitimate report possible, personal terms with Ugarte wasn’t an issue. PSG expecting to make a £10 million profit on a player on the back of an underwhelming season is. Not to mention they signed a replacement already. .....

Really? It's in no way comparable mate? You spent all last summer dicking around with a player you were never getting. You've spent 5 weeks dicking around when a price was set and personnel terms were agreed. Knowing full well you weren't paying/ don't have the money to pay, the price that was never dropping. To now pull out, less then a fortnight from the start of the season. When you desperately need players. If you'd turned around 5 weeks ago and gone nah, we aren't paying that, see ya. Then sound. You'd have a point. PSG are never getting that. I agree completely he shouldn't be bought at that. But you didn't walk away earlier to pivot elsewhere.. You've known for well over a month what the price is. And that they wouldn't drop it. And they've P around doing F all until deciding to pull out now. It's no less F embarrassing, and ridiculous on ten Hag as he won't have a DM in for Fulham, than last summers fruitless chase for a player they knew they were never getting.

Only this time the name on the can is different so folk are desperate to try take a positive from it.

And the leaks/ briefs that you'd agreed terms and were in for him for over a month at that price is no less of the same from the past either. Both summers making clowns of themselves by publicly failing to get there open number one target they spent weeks on. And knew they were never getting.

Last edited:
Knowing full well you weren't paying/ don't have the money to pay, the price that was never dropping.
This isn’t a Jarran Braithwaite situation where xyz player is seen as integral and a lack of leverage. It’s a bit known that Enrique doesn’t rate Ugarte and PSG had been actively shopping for his replacement (signed Joao Neves). PSG had the fee set but you’d imagine a player that isn’t fancied by the gaffer would get pushed out sooner than later in order not to allow his value plummet even further. Reasonable to see an opportunity for negotiating that price down under the circumstances. Unfortunately, it didn’t play out that way.

Now, I’m not certain how the negotiations were like behind the curtains and if it depends on sales/purchases from either side (cos ffp).

I’m definitely not a fan of the club briefs to journos cos this maybe what negotiations look like when everything is played out this publicly, it can look so arduous

Mate, seriously. You aren't normally anything like that naïve.

PSG don't have to drop any price. They aren't arsed about player depreciation. They are run by a whole F State. (Who may or may not be P off Utd played them to get that buffoon Ratcliffe to keep the Glazers in power.).. You can't bully clubs like them were money is no object. If the PSR rules weren't as stringent as they are in this Country, Newcastle would have happily sat and paid Ashworth for the rest of his contract doing F all. It's what State owned clubs are as money is no object to them. That Ugarte price was never dropping to Utd. I suspect what ultimately ended it was McTonimay not going and Utd banking on that money. Lesson never learned in never talking wham to the media about top targets and contracts agreed. And then not following through on the fee.

ten Hag's the loser. He's now looking at McTominay and Casimero starting the season which puts him on the backfoot from the get go in a season I'll be shocked if he survives. But that's another discussion for another day.

Unless something dramatic changes over the next month, and Bayern et al certainly aren't budging on price like Utd aren't on their dross so everything's just dead, he's been sold down the river yet again by those above him at the club in another terrible window. But the immediate issue is Fulham and virtually the same, and now weaker, squad starting the season.

Last edited:
Mate, seriously. You aren't normally anything like that naïve.

Who may or may not be P off Utd played them to get that buffoon Ratcliffe to keep the Glazers in power.).. You can't bully clubs like them were money is no object.
You know what mate? Fair play. I forgot about this bit and I can definitely see how Qatar would’ve felt peeved by Ratcliffe’s comments so there’s a vendetta

Context? I’m also privy to how they may use Yoro’s injury as leverage
Mazzaroui. Bayern agreed a deal with West Ham for around 19m add ons included reported by Ornstein. Now I’m reading this morning by Pletigol that Bayern are now demanding 25m + bonuses.

Also on De Ligt I know Bayern have the right to demand what they want. It’s just annoying seeing them bend Leverkusen over for Tah who originally wanted 40m. And now Bayern have somehow getting him now for 25m. They have a player on huge wages and a player the manager doesn’t want and the director has openly said he can leave. But won’t give us any wiggle room on the price.

Mazzaroui. Bayern agreed a deal with West Ham for around 19m add ons included reported by Ornstein. Now I’m reading this morning by Pletigol that Bayern are now demanding 25m + bonuses.

Also on De Ligt I know Bayern have the right to demand what they want. It’s just annoying seeing them bend Leverkusen over for Tah who originally wanted 40m. And now Bayern have somehow getting him now for 25m. They have a player on huge wages and a player the manager doesn’t want and the director has openly said he can leave. But won’t give us any wiggle room on the price.
It's been the same with virtually every player they have gone for the Glazers have a lot to answer for with the policy of paying up at the last minute. Bayern and others clearly think the club are a soft touch now. Time to call their buff and walk away. The players are just as bad, either refusing to leave until their contracts are up or demanding money to leave it's time to put the proverbal foot down and tell them the days of a 'free ride are over' take it or leave it.

😍😍😍

James Ducker

@TelegraphDucker
·
#MUFC will not demolish Old Trafford - when they build a new stadium.

The aim - if go down new build route - would be to scale down OT to c30,000 capacity stadium the women’s team/academy could use & preserve 114 years of history in process

Love this ❤️

So if I read this correctly, they want a slightly higher fee from us yet agreed to something lower from west ham?

Also I feel this is West Ham’s way of telling us to pay off AWB so he can get shipped