The Manchester United Thread

Does anyone else find it odd how United have set up a 'transfer news' section on the website all of a sudden? More coming through the door?

Greatest Panic but of all time?? possibly...

...has potential... but I doubt it. He's a superb player who Jose has treated unfairly. He'll stand out at United. **** he looks so sexy in that picture.

This thread has become way too optimistic out of the sudden.

You still have no midfield , defense is a ticking time bomb, Nani was last good in 1975, Van Persie is 80 years old, De Gea couldn't compete in the air with 5 year old girl and even if Rooney signs new contract there still gonna be drama about him leaving evey summer.

Just saying.

You still have no midfield , defense is a ticking time bomb, Nani was last good in 1975, Van Persie is 80 years old, De Gea couldn't compete in the air with 5 year old girl and even if Rooney signs new contract there still gonna be drama about him leaving evey summer.

Just saying.

THIS IS THE FIRST MOMENT OF JOY WE'VE HAD ALL SEASON. LET US HAVE IT.

Just saying.

Very O.T.T although I think this is a sarcastic post. I must respond to it or else I will have nothing else to do.

De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and is still so young, will become one of the best in the world. One mistake here and there is still acceptable in my mind, admittedly it was a costly one in the last game but it's very unlike him recently.

Defensive problems are not as bad as it seems, it's just because we're using players we bought for CB as full-back or in Jones case CM as well. Lets remember, we still have Vidic and Ferdinand who are obviously proven. But then we also have Jones (I think this guy deserves the opportunity to concentrate on CB) hopefully once our squad issues are sorted that will happen, because there is no doubt he can become a brilliant Centre-Back and leader. Smalling as well, but he has been played all over the place, which doesn't help any young player.

I still rate Rafael highly, he can be rash at times but you've only got to look back at last season and how good he was. Evra on the other hand is a whole different story, I think he's been past it now for about 2 seasons, when I say "past it" I really mean been costing us goals and making mistakes. I think that he's been a great servant, but his time is up, we need Shaw or another LB urgently.

Have to agree about Nani, not a fan of him and think he's inconsistent too much. But now we have so many great options in the final third, I'm assuming Moyes won't be relying on the same winger-type formation any more. I hope. Rooney, Januzaj, Kagawa, Mata. Some smart-thinking needed to fit these in, but it's mouth-watering to say the least. Our wingers aren't great, Nani does have magic, but like I mentioned earlier, I hope we're pulling away from that reliance on wingers now. If we could get someone like Griezzmann and ship out Young/Valencia, I think we're absolutely fine for a long time to come.

RVP is getting on, but the guy is world-class and he does get niggly injuries which is frustrating, but he's by no means done yet in my view. However given our strength just behind the striker, we can play Rooney there anyway. Then we have Hernandez and Welbeck as back-up, not too shabby.

I've just wasted a load of time typing this but TYTON YOU TROLL. ;)

THIS IS THE FIRST MOMENT OF JOY WE'VE HAD ALL SEASON. LET US HAVE IT.

Oh yeah it's so ******* tough for you isn't it?! It's terrible being a Manchester United supporter, boo hoo DE ******* HOO!

Oh yeah it's so ******* tough for you isn't it?! It's terrible being a Manchester United supporter, boo hoo DE ******* HOO!

It actually is, when you consider our shabby midfield... :S Mata is a luxury signing, not one that was necessarily needed.

Yeah. I spend all my time arguing with zzeezzy about why we can't just ring up dortmund and put gundogan on a plane to Manchester. :(

Yeah. I spend all my time arguing with zzeezzy about why we can't just ring up dortmund and put gundogan on a plane to Manchester. :(

I think Kagawa, changes the whole situation. I'm convinced he doesn't really have anything now to offer really, when you consider everyone else we have.

Very O.T.T although I think this is a sarcastic post. I must respond to it or else I will have nothing else to do.

De Gea is one of the best goalkeepers in the Premier League and is still so young, will become one of the best in the world. One mistake here and there is still acceptable in my mind, admittedly it was a costly one in the last game but it's very unlike him recently.

Defensive problems are not as bad as it seems, it's just because we're using players we bought for CB as full-back or in Jones case CM as well. Lets remember, we still have Vidic and Ferdinand who are obviously proven. But then we also have Jones (I think this guy deserves the opportunity to concentrate on CB) hopefully once our squad issues are sorted that will happen, because there is no doubt he can become a brilliant Centre-Back and leader. Smalling as well, but he has been played all over the place, which doesn't help any young player.

I still rate Rafael highly, he can be rash at times but you've only got to look back at last season and how good he was. Evra on the other hand is a whole different story, I think he's been past it now for about 2 seasons, when I say "past it" I really mean been costing us goals and making mistakes. I think that he's been a great servant, but his time is up, we need Shaw or another LB urgently.

Have to agree about Nani, not a fan of him and think he's inconsistent too much. But now we have so many great options in the final third, I'm assuming Moyes won't be relying on the same winger-type formation any more. I hope. Rooney, Januzaj, Kagawa, Mata. Some smart-thinking needed to fit these in, but it's mouth-watering to say the least. Our wingers aren't great, Nani does have magic, but like I mentioned earlier, I hope we're pulling away from that reliance on wingers now. If we could get someone like Griezzmann and ship out Young/Valencia, I think we're absolutely fine for a long time to come.

RVP is getting on, but the guy is world-class and he does get niggly injuries which is frustrating, but he's by no means done yet in my view. However given our strength just behind the striker, we can play Rooney there anyway. Then we have Hernandez and Welbeck as back-up, not too shabby.

I've just wasted a load of time typing this but TYTON YOU TROLL. ;)

This was so much more succesful then I expected.

It actually is, when you consider our shabby midfield... :S Mata is a luxury signing, not one that was necessarily needed.

Christ. Try supporting Palace for a season, then get back to me!

****** manc twats don't know they're born grumble grumble grumble

Christ. Try supporting Palace for a season, then get back to me!

****** manc twats don't know they're born grumble grumble grumble

Never realised you're a Palace fan, always thought you were Villa. Bet you're loving the Zaha situation.

Oh you beautiful *******..

EE33F1199F684EBEB80FB9D9A80D9D53.ashx

Never realised you're a Palace fan, always thought you were Villa. Bet you're loving the Zaha situation.

Thought you were a Villa fan?!

Yeah, everyone always thinks this because I always used to discuss Villa on here. They're a club I follow quite a bit, I sort of adopted them as a second club cause my first ever game watched was at Villa Park. I used to be a lot more vocal about them than Palace because nobody cares about Championship teams. Not such a problem this season, as you can imagine.

@ Mike... I think it's most likely at Kagawa's expense more than anyone to be honest. Just can't see any other way. Hope he get's used in a deal for Gundogan... would be great business by Moyes.

@ Mike... I think it's most likely at Kagawa's expense more than anyone to be honest. Just can't see any other way. Hope he get's used in a deal for Gundogan... would be great business by Moyes.

It's what I would do. but for now:

4-2-3-1

RVP

Mata Rooney Januzaj

Fletcher Carrick

Evra Evans Vidic Rafael

DDG​

I kinda wanna see Jones get a run in CB with Evans though.

Yup.. really feel sorry for Jones, he's a make-shift player right now. He needs to be given the time to concentrate back on CB because when he was at Blackburn he was really good there, even at a young age. I don't want his brilliant potential as a CB to be lost there due to him having to fill other places because of squad issues and lack of investment.

Back