The Manchester United Thread

How is Shaw worth 30m?? That's an absurd sum to pay despite his obvious talent ... Coentaro for half that amount is so much more enticing

How is Shaw worth 30m?? That's an absurd sum to pay despite his obvious talent ... Coentaro for half that amount is so much more enticing

His defending is on par with Azpilicueta this season, based on stats. I think I posted it a while back. Anyhow, if any club wants to get him, they'll have to fork out the amount.

His defending is on par with Azpilicueta this season, based on stats. I think I posted it a while back. Anyhow, if any club wants to get him, they'll have to fork out the amount.

And Azpilicueta was bought for 7m. I know Shaw is English and younger and all but won't 30m break the transfer record for a full-back?

And Azpilicueta was bought for 7m. I know Shaw is English and younger and all but won't 30m break the transfer record for a full-back?

Essentially, yeah. Dani Alves was 29.5 Million, when he went to Barca, I think. And for stats, I meant in the current season, not what he was bought for. There are rumours that we're considering a bid for around 22.5 Million;; Right amount, but should Southampton play hardball, I think we should be prepared to go full 30 Million for him. A one-time investment, and buying a player right under Chelsea's noses will go quite some way in pacifying all the 'Hate Moyes' cryers. Speaking of which, we're apparently linked to Kurt Zouma too;;

Is it only me or is 30 million for Shaw seems like an awful lot of money? That is the amount of money that we can use to buy an established world class player.

Is it only me or is 30 million for Shaw seems like an awful lot of money? That is the amount of money that we can use to buy an established world class player.

You're not wrong, it's a big sum and quite a gamble on a very talented but still quite inexperienced young player.

Still, no doubt people said that about Ferdinand when he arrived at the relatively tender age of 24, and he proved one of the best value buys Ferguson's ever made.

Not sure why Rooney is getting so much stick in various forums and on boards.

Media haven't got a clue on the exact wages and bonuses. They are just playing guessing game.

Here is the article from Guardian last year.

Only two years remain on Rooney's current ?300,000-a-week contract and if fresh terms can be agreed they will be on a more incentivised basis, in line with a widespread move in the domestic game.

Manchester United likely to offer Wayne Rooney a new deal to stay | Football | The Observer

Then 6 months down the line, this is what Guardian published.

United have also shown a willingness to reward him financially, with reports of the deal being worth ?300,000 a week. It may actually be below that figure but Rooney will have a testimonial as part of the agreement and the figures are still significant for a player who will turn 30 next year. Rooney can also expect to be made captain at some point in the next few years.

Wayne Rooney given special access to Manchester United's transfer secrets | Football | The Guardian

So he is on 300K (existing contract) and he will get financial rewards and still be on 300k?

To be fair, they might've got it wrong initially and just didn't update their article with the relevant information since it was old news by then.

Also, Baines has just signed a new contract, so I guess United's options have narrowed a bit.

To be fair, they might've got it wrong initially and just didn't update their article with the relevant information since it was old news by then.

They started with 180K per week in 2010 when Rooney signed new contract, then made it 250K and then 300K. It's easy to see how increasing the wages spices things up..

Rooney has become the best-paid player in the club's history by agreeing to a deal that doubles his wages to around ?180,000 a week, after Sir Alex Ferguson talked him out of his apparent desire to join Manchester City.

Wayne Rooney stays at Manchester United after signing five-year deal | Football | theguardian.com

Also, Baines has just signed a new contract, so I guess United's options have narrowed a bit.

Tbh this was sort of complicated deal. Baines is not worth 20 Million that Everton were asking from ManUtd point of view but from Everton point of view he was worth more than that for their team.

He will be 30 next season, so IMO his best chance was this season to move now I don't think he will move to any big clubs.

Don't know why people are still talking about Coentrao atm he is not even a option onless Madrid find a replacement. Would be happy with Shaw or Sandro but think Porto were holding out for his release clause. The only way we get Coentrao is in the summer when Madrid sign Moreno.

With Evra leaving, Fabio being sold, and Buttner being... Buttner. We should want 2 new LBs in summer.

Shaw is English and tremendously talented though. He's performing at the level of a lot of established full backs and he's still only 18. I wouldn't mind someone like Coentrao coming in with him to ease the pressure, and give a solid rotation option, if it were to happen.

Be-1JKlCcAAGxUv.jpg:large

Adnan you hero.

With Evra leaving, Fabio being sold, and Buttner being... Buttner. We should want 2 new LBs in summer.

Shaw is English and tremendously talented though. He's performing at the level of a lot of established full backs and he's still only 18. I wouldn't mind someone like Coentrao coming in with him to ease the pressure, and give a solid rotation option, if it were to happen.

But do we have that much to spend? I mean Coentrao plus Shaw could easily reach 45 Million and we need CM badly or maybe 2. Aso with Rio leaving and Vidic fitness and contract issues we might also need a senior CB.

Should have retained Fabio and signed Coentrao. Two Fabios for LB spot would have solved LB issues.

But do we have that much to spend? I mean Coentrao plus Shaw could easily reach 45 Million and we need CM badly or maybe 2. Aso with Rio leaving and Vidic fitness and contract issues we might also need a senior CB.

Should have retained Fabio and signed Coentrao. Two Fabios for LB spot would have solved LB issues.

Furthermore I think we need to ship out Young/Valencia in the summer and get someone who offers us a bit of width. Kind of like what Hazard does for Chelsea, if we're going to be using a similar system. I'd go for Griezzmann. (However you spell),

Furthermore I think we need to ship out Young/Valencia in the summer and get someone who offers us a bit of width. Kind of like what Hazard does for Chelsea, if we're going to be using a similar system. I'd go for Griezzmann. (However you spell),

Yeah we need to ship many players out.

Rio, Evra looks almost 100%.
Giigs might retire.
Fabio is gone.
Buttner had few offers
Young should go
Hernandez might leave because of lack of playing time
Vidic

Looks like a mass clearout.

Yeah we need to ship many players out.

Rio, Evra looks almost 100%.
Giigs might retire.
Fabio is gone.
Buttner had few offers
Young should go
Hernandez might leave because of lack of playing time
Vidic

Looks like a mass clearout.

I'd still try and keep Vidic, if possible. Slightly suprised by Fabio as well.. I thought he had more to offer and never really got a good consistent chance. Hope we don't regret it.

I'd still try and keep Vidic, if possible. Slightly suprised by Fabio as well.. I thought he had more to offer and never really got a good consistent chance. Hope we don't regret it.

We will. He is a talented player and we have to spend big for back up player too.

Back