The Manchester United Thread

Just a week ago you were refering like this to entire transfer saga.

You'll notice that one of the principle reasons I was so sceptical last week is because I hadn't seen any evidence that a reliable source had brought the story to the Telegraph, until Mike confirmed it. I'll happily admit that I was wrong in that case, but that's not going to make me lap up everything that other members of the press say just because it's in print.

If you're willing to trust the unsubstantiated word of Daniel Taylor though, best of luck to you.

Be_WHkwCUAAjxXU.jpg:large

ManUtd Manchester United3m
BREAKING: @JuanMata10 will wear the no.8 shirt for Manchester United. #mufcmata pic.twitter.com/Isblh1HqXO
Expected him to get the number 7..

There was a silly, unsubstantiated piece from reliable reporting's very own Daniel Taylor which suggested that the Mata deal was done in the summer. It has zero sources, is from a man renowned for preferring cheap click bait to actual journalism and is so tenuous that the Guardian put it in opinion pieces rather than news.

I have no doubt that parts of the article are true but the rest of it wouldn't look too out of place in a spy novel as put so succinctly over at WAGHN

You'll notice that one of the principle reasons I was so sceptical last week is because I hadn't seen any evidence that a reliable source had brought the story to the Telegraph, until Mike confirmed it. I'll happily admit that I was wrong in that case, but that's not going to make me lap up everything that other members of the press say just because it's in print.

If you're willing to trust the unsubstantiated word of Daniel Taylor though, best of luck to you.

Not to mention that transfer looked so unlikely from the outset ...

Be_ZyH1CMAMxm_2.jpg

Man Utd FF ‏@ManUtdFF 4m
Mata on De Gea: "He was texting me things that I knew before. He said the fans are unbelievable and the guys are nice."

De Gea :D

We need more Spanish players..

Mata says he was desperate to come to United as soon as he heard the club were interested: "I just wanted to go to a place where I knew I'd feel happy and I'm happy now. United is a massive club - it's the club in England with the most fans around the world. It's a big step and I think everything will be fine... with the players we have and the players that will come in the summer."

So Mata commented on players joining in summer. Anyone thinking we have some sort of pre agreement with few players?

Also this one was fantastic.

Oliver Kay@OliverKayTimes42s
Juan Mata at press conf: "The thing I like most about Manchester United is that they brought me here by helicopter"

Just been posted on UTD twitter that Rooney,RVP,Fellaini have all trained today ahead of Cardiff trip. Moyes confirmed! :)

?I am not going to accept it,? the boss said. ?I am disappointed we are not in a much stronger position. I am disappointed with how we have played. I ultimately take the rap for that ? and I will do. But what I will do is make it right. I am going to get better players in. There will be more.

?Unfortunately, I don't think there will be more in January. But it will change. We will change and alter it around. I have said many times, I have given every player the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We have nearly done that now.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jan/David-Moyes-says-Juan-Mata-is-first-of-squad-changes.aspx

Yes Moyesey! Loving his new positive talk recently.

?I am not going to accept it,? the boss said. ?I am disappointed we are not in a much stronger position. I am disappointed with how we have played. I ultimately take the rap for that ? and I will do. But what I will do is make it right. I am going to get better players in. There will be more.

?Unfortunately, I don't think there will be more in January. But it will change. We will change and alter it around. I have said many times, I have given every player the opportunity to play and show what they can do. We have nearly done that now.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2014/Jan/David-Moyes-says-Juan-Mata-is-first-of-squad-changes.aspx

Yes Moyesey! Loving his new positive talk recently.

One thing is for sure... him and Woodward have conducted this window a **** of a lot better than the last window, which is how it should be.

If we don't get anymore in before the end of this window it's fine.. as long as they stick to these words in the summer. Or else it will come back to bite them big time.

One thing is for sure... him and Woodward have conducted this window a **** of a lot better than the last window, which is how it should be.

If we don't get anymore in before the end of this window it's fine.. as long as they stick to these words in the summer. Or else it will come back to bite them big time.

This is why you give someone time to learn and settle.

Poor performance from the U21s tonight lost 1-2 against City. Janko was quality when came on in 2nd half as was Perera, Lingard scored a good goal but other than that him and Cole were pretty poor. Also Johnstone with quality save early in 1st half was Schmeichal like. Think our current youth set up at both levels is not great atm bar 2-3 that will maybe break into 1st team.

Hm, disappointed, but oh well.

25m is a fair whack, not sure I'm keen on that, but he has a great relationship with Blanc. He made his France debut under him.
Newcastle apparently have a replacement lined up, bot dont actually know if the club would sell. Jesus. Stunned that Newcastle are letting it happen considering Cabaye didn't push.

Back