The Manchester United Thread

Be6T2drIMAA9p-J.jpg:large

Luke Shaw is a hero too. Him and Adnan, a wingman partnership made in heaven; on and off the pitch.

Furthermore I think we need to ship out Young/Valencia in the summer and get someone who offers us a bit of width. Kind of like what Hazard does for Chelsea, if we're going to be using a similar system. I'd go for Griezzmann. (However you spell),
Griezmann already joining PSG in the summer agreement already in place was reported in some Spanish paper, only reason he is at Sociedad now is to help them get into Europe for rest of season.

John Cross@johncrossmirror4 hrs
Manchester United hoping to get green light from Wayne Rooney before moving for Luke Shaw.

******* kidding? Shrek suddenly gets informed about every transfer and whether we should do it.... please say this is a joke.

John Cross@johncrossmirror4 hrs
Manchester United hoping to get green light from Wayne Rooney before moving for Luke Shaw.

******* kidding? Shrek suddenly gets informed about every transfer and whether we should do it.... please say this is a joke.

That was a joke. It's funny how people gets everything mixed up so easily.

Rooney doesn't have any say in our transfers, papers are reporting that Moyes is sharing his transfer plans with Rooney. Big difference.

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 14m
To re-iterate, Rooney has been informed about transfer business, vision etc - that's NOT same as demanding influence, choosing players

Daniel Taylor ‏@DTguardian 10m
Story seems to be gathering Twitter legs, but it's not Rooney demanding say on transfers, naming targets etc. Still an unusual one, clearly

Don't know why people are still talking about Coentrao atm he is not even a option onless Madrid find a replacement. Would be happy with Shaw or Sandro but think Porto were holding out for his release clause. The only way we get Coentrao is in the summer when Madrid sign Moreno.

Moreno is a player you lot have been linked to yourselves

I'd still try and keep Vidic, if possible. Slightly suprised by Fabio as well.. I thought he had more to offer and never really got a good consistent chance. Hope we don't regret it.

I think the problem with Fabio from what I have seen of him in his early years was that rather than being a left back he was a player that operated from left back and has suffered from the way Brazilian football views a fullback and English football views a full back

It is a real shame because the lad was such a prospect and was expected to be above and beyond where Rafael is now think he may have had more success being a winger in England personally but that is the way it goes.

Last edited:
Moreno is a player you lot have been linked to yourselves
Yes mate watched him no end this season is about the same stage of his carear as Shaw atm, if we don't get Shaw this window I think Madrid will sign him in the summer and we will get coentrao. And Shaw will end up at Chelsea imo, if we want Shaw I think we have to land him this window.

Premier League: Jose Mourinho regrets not making Juan Mata better player as Spaniard joins Manchester United | Football News | Sky Sports
Premier League: Jose Mourinho regrets not making Juan Mata better player as Spaniard joins Manchester United

This guy annoys me immensely

He's sure being a ****. If all the reports are true, Mata basically just wanted out since the summer and never had a real shot to make 1st eleven. Their relationship must have been much worse then we originally thought.

He's sure being a ****. If all the reports are true, Mata basically just wanted out since the summer and never had a real shot to make 1st eleven. Their relationship must have been much worse then we originally thought.

Lol whut? Mata wanted to try and break into the team ... After a while he realised that he couldn't do it in the capacity that Mourinho wanted and asked for a move so that he could play regularly in a WC year. Manchester United came in with a big offer that was hard for Mourinho to resist considering Mata was at best 4/5th choice in his favoured positions and the fact that we needed money to make the big moved we were looking at in the summer. Their was no acrimony between those two although it could very well have been if Mata stayed longer

Yes mate watched him no end this season is about the same stage of his carear as Shaw atm, if we don't get Shaw this window I think Madrid will sign him in the summer and we will get coentrao. And Shaw will end up at Chelsea imo, if we want Shaw I think we have to land him this window.

Doubt it ... Southampton wouldn't have sold in this window. Similar situation to Newcastle and Cabaye. Only chance of landing him will be next summer

Doubt it ... Southampton wouldn't have sold in this window. Similar situation to Newcastle and Cabaye. Only chance of landing him will be next summer
Think they could both leave this window, been reported on SSN today Newcastle will sell only if PSG match there valuation.

Lol whut? Mata wanted to try and break into the team ... After a while he realised that he couldn't do it in the capacity that Mourinho wanted and asked for a move so that he could play regularly in a WC year. Manchester United came in with a big offer that was hard for Mourinho to resist considering Mata was at best 4/5th choice in his favoured positions and the fact that we needed money to make the big moved we were looking at in the summer. Their was no acrimony between those two although it could very well have been if Mata stayed longer

There was a silly, unsubstantiated piece from reliable reporting's very own Daniel Taylor which suggested that the Mata deal was done in the summer. It has zero sources, is from a man renowned for preferring cheap click bait to actual journalism and is so tenuous that the Guardian put it in opinion pieces rather than news.

There was a silly, unsubstantiated piece from reliable reporting's very own Daniel Taylor which suggested that the Mata deal was done in the summer. It has zero sources, is from a man renowned for preferring cheap click bait to actual journalism and is so tenuous that the Guardian put it in opinion pieces rather than news.

You posted this through out the transfer sage saying there is nothing in it and it's just a cheap click bait.

Back