The Manchester United Thread

25m is a fair whack, not sure I'm keen on that, but he has a great relationship with Blanc. He made his France debut under him.
Newcastle apparently have a replacement lined up, bot dont actually know if the club would sell. Jesus. Stunned that Newcastle are letting it happen considering Cabaye didn't push.

Far to much imo. Plus he would not get much game time next season when Moyes rebuilds the CM area.

I'm disappointed that we didn't push a little more, but then we could've ended up paying more than necessary, ? la Fellaini. But we've got Mata now so I'm not wholly disheartened. We can still rebuild the midfield in the summer.

Doubt it ... Southampton wouldn't have sold in this window. Similar situation to Newcastle and Cabaye. Only chance of landing him will be next summer
Alcaraz in incorrect statement shocker.

Glad we won't be getting Cabaye or Baines. Think there are better alternatives to Cabaye, especially at 25mil(?) and Baines is too old and I actually prefer Evra to him. Is Evra move in the summer 100%? Would like him to stay for one more year especially if we're bringing in a younger full back like Shaw or my preference Alex Sandro.

Anyone seen this twitter? https://twitter.com/RunMoyesRun

This one killed me

Be_TrzvCUAAPfu4.jpg

25m is a fair whack, not sure I'm keen on that, but he has a great relationship with Blanc. He made his France debut under him.
Newcastle apparently have a replacement lined up, bot dont actually know if the club would sell. Jesus. Stunned that Newcastle are letting it happen considering Cabaye didn't push.

Good that we didn't pay 25 Million. Just going by Moyes talk, I'm pretty confident we have some big deals lined up and if we end up paying 25Million for Cabaye he might become very expensive squad player when we (hopefully) sign better players.

After watching Moyes last interview I'm very confident that we will sign few players in the summer and I just can't wait for it and World cup.

Good that we didn't pay 25 Million. Just going by Moyes talk, I'm pretty confident we have some big deals lined up and if we end up paying 25Million for Cabaye he might become very expensive squad player when we (hopefully) sign better players.

After watching Moyes last interview I'm very confident that we will sign few players in the summer and I just can't wait for it and World cup.

Toni Kroos and Blaise Matuidi come to mind for CM. If Gundogan's back injury worsens, I'm not too sure we'll target him. There were again recent rumours linking us to Guarin. Although I feel Kovacic would be a better option. Younger, and better chance of improvement.

Alcaraz in incorrect statement shocker.

Glad we won't be getting Cabaye or Baines. Think there are better alternatives to Cabaye, especially at 25mil(?) and Baines is too old and I actually prefer Evra to him. Is Evra move in the summer 100%? Would like him to stay for one more year especially if we're bringing in a younger full back like Shaw or my preference Alex Sandro.

Lol that's because PSG are offering a price way above his market value ... 20-25m is a hefty sum for Cabaye. Plus they are selling him abroad not to a club they have a chance of overtaking in the league. Well done for considering all these points before making your post though :)

Cabaye asked for a move before he was sold to PSG for around ?19M according to RMC.

English media seem to be reporting the fee at ?25M, but French media reporting €25M.

Daily Mirror's Simon Bird (who is generally quite reliable when it comes to NE sides) says Cabaye asked to move in the morning, but didn't refuse to play tomorrow. He was with the squad last night before the bid was accepted. Will say his goodbyes this morning before leaving for Paris for his medical.

Think he's okay but would rather we spend ?25M elsewhere. He's 28 and been playing slightly more advanced whenever he's shone for Newcastle so he's an improvement but I don't think he's exactly what we need.

Cabaye asked for a move before he was sold to PSG for around ?19M according to RMC.

English media seem to be reporting the fee at ?25M, but French media reporting €25M.

Daily Mirror's Simon Bird (who is generally quite reliable when it comes to NE sides) says Cabaye asked to move in the morning, but didn't refuse to play tomorrow. He was with the squad last night before the bid was accepted. Will say his goodbyes this morning before leaving for Paris for his medical.

Think he's okay but would rather we spend ?25M elsewhere. He's 28 and been playing slightly more advanced whenever he's shone for Newcastle so he's an improvement but I don't think he's exactly what we need.

At 15m he might be worth a punt but 25m is way tooo much for him ... Can see why Newcastle would sell at that price

Toni Kroos and Blaise Matuidi come to mind for CM. If Gundogan's back injury worsens, I'm not too sure we'll target him. There were again recent rumours linking us to Guarin. Although I feel Kovacic would be a better option. Younger, and better chance of improvement.
Guarin would be like signing the worse CM signing ever imo, that's why Inter are try get rid he is a decent CM at best!

Seems Cabaye specifically wanted to go to PSG.

OH NO MIKE THAT VERBAL AGREEMENT. Knew he was gettable all a long and if he has gone for ?20-23m then that is a very good price for him when you consider the current market. I have no clue why we didn't make a move for him.... and still don't.

Cabaye carries a pretty stone average Newcastle team... he's a great player. He could be even better with quality players in the United team, I'm suprised we didn't go for him. In the current market ?20-23m isn't a bad price at all for him.

This is why you give someone time to learn and settle.

Your sarcastic comments do my head in... not going to lie.

Just because they've handled this window better doesn't make them immune from criticism for the last window.

The last window still wasn't acceptable, it was handled shockingly. With the whole Fellaini and Baines thing... then also the Fabregas situation, a long with Thiago. OH AND HERRERA.

Dude... seriously.... that summer window arguably has cost us this season and you give me a sarcastic comment about how we should just accept it now because of signing one player in January? It was just a matter of giving them "time" and "learning to settle" BS. The last window was handled like amateurs not even profesionally in a job like it should be at Manchester United. Considering the amount they get paid to do their jobs, pretty sure professionalism is the minimum we should expect.

Last edited:
Your sarcastic comments do my head in... not going to lie.

Just because they've handled this window better doesn't make them immune from criticism for the last window.

The last window still wasn't acceptable, it was handled shockingly. With the whole Fellaini and Baines thing... then also the Fabregas situation, a long with Thiago. OH AND HERRERA.

Dude... seriously.... that summer window arguably has cost us this season and you give me a sarcastic comment about how we should just accept it now because of signing one player in January? It was just a matter of giving them "time" and "learning to settle" BS. The last window was handled like amateurs not people in a job at Manchester United.

I think you're forgetting a key aspect. It was Moyes first transfer window. He was figuring out who was good enough to play at United and who he needed to bring in. The first window was panic, and handled badly, but in no way should you be annoyed at that.
It didn't cost us the season. What cost us the season was a major change of manager. I've said it before, if you expected to win anything this year, you are going to be disappointed.

I think you're forgetting a key aspect. It was Moyes first transfer window. He was figuring out who was good enough to play at United and who he needed to bring in. The first window was panic, and handled badly, but in no way should you be annoyed at that.
It didn't cost us the season. What cost us the season was a major change of manager. I've said it before, if you expected to win anything this year, you are going to be disappointed.

Cost us this season is perhaps a bit too strong, but it definitely had a large factor on this season. Considering our midfield is the root of all problems, it needed fixing in the summer. Therefore it has been a problem throughout this whole season and definitely has effected us. Can you remember a game where we have actually controlled it? From the middle of the park. I'm struggling.

Cost us this season is perhaps a bit too strong, but it definitely had a large factor on this season. Considering our midfield is the root of all problems, it needed fixing in the summer. Therefore it has been a problem throughout this whole season and definitely has effected us. Can you remember a game where we have actually controlled it? From the middle of the park. I'm struggling.

No, Youre right. We need to fix our midfield. But moyes has been in the job for like 6 months or something. At least give him time to figure out what play style he wants, who he wants to bring in and who he wants to go out. This summer is going to be where the major changes happen. A year without trophies isn't going to kill us.

I don't think zzeezy is actually expecting United to win something. He is just expecting them to do better considering they were champions last season. He expects something more than the largely lethargic, dispassionate and 'couldn't care less' performances that United have given this season. Nothing wrong with that

I don't think zzeezy is actually expecting United to win something. He is just expecting them to do better considering they were champions last season. He expects something more than the largely lethargic, dispassionate and 'couldn't care less' performances that United have given this season. Nothing wrong with that

LORD THANK YOU.... (H) Finally, someone who understands a genuine fan's grievance! I didn't expect us to win anything this season, I just expected it to go a whole lot better and most importantly, handled a **** of a lot better. The problems in the summer was the start of a bad season, before it even kicked off.

LORD THANK YOU.... (H) Finally, someone who understands a genuine fan's grievance! I didn't expect us to win anything this season, I just expected it to go a whole lot better and most importantly, handled a **** of a lot better. The problems in the summer was the start of a bad season, before it even kicked off.

Lol but don't go too overboard mate ... You just signed Juan Mata so it isn't all doom and gloom. Best No.10 in the world for my money. I do find it a tad funny how Moyes is acting like such a tough guy with the players though lel

d...d...did you two just agree on something?

Scared-gif.gif

Back