The Manchester United Thread

Really don't get what you're getting at. Just because I think someone's entitled to think what they think doesn't mean I'd just let them get on with it if I disagreed. If I think they're a ****, it's my opinion that they're a ****, and I'll call them a ****.

Well, everyone is entitled to their opinion Joel.

What's your job role Mike? Out of curiosity...

What's your job role Mike? Out of curiosity...

Video logger and Researcher at BT Sport. Bonus side means I get to see interviews you guys don't (Vidic destroying Shreeves) and hear news you guys get later (such as the whole Rooney "back up" saga)

Aye.

Bring him back for the next game. The thread needed a rest.

What about when Moyesey wins a title?

Video logger and Researcher at BT Sport. Bonus side means I get to see interviews you guys don't (Vidic destroying Shreeves) and hear news you guys get later (such as the whole Rooney "back up" saga)

ITK.

Bflm7nTIcAAEO2A.jpg

Dont think their was anything wrong with the interview tbh ... The headline was just amazingly misleading compared to his actual quotes which were harmless

The point is that the translation of the interview is actually supposedly false.

Brilliant. Meanwhile I'm a delivery driver listening to TalkSport.

A lot of talk the Vidic will be playing for Inter next year. Not seen anything confirmed at all yet though.

Vidic confirmed to be leaving at end of the season. From Utd themselves

Going to be hard to replace that quality. CB now looks like a problem position for United.

Oh. What a player he was/is for us. I think people underestimate his value to this club. For me he was even better than the likes of Blanc, Stam and Rio. Probably the best CB in last 10-15 years. It's unbelievable how he reacted when Ferdinand lost his pace, he was the factor that kept our defense so solid. Shame, such a shame. It's going to be tough, very tough to find someone to replace him. Is there anyone who's similar to him and available? Such a leader, always gave 100%, never feared for injuries. How many times did he bleed for United, literally? ****** legend. Shame...

article-1389772-0C35386500000578-346_306x423.jpg

Absolutely gutted, but I do feel it's the right decision all in all.

He's 32 and on ?100K per week. We can't match that wage and club policy means we won't offer him more than a one-year deal. He can go elsewhere and get better. Plus he's not the same since his knee injuries. They really killed him IMO.

This season I've felt better when he hasn't been in the team, something about him makes me feel nervous nowadays. Don't know if it's his age or his lack of pace or the fact he keeps getting injured now, but it's the right decision.

Move him on, let him go out on his own. Promote Michael Keane and bring in a world-class centre back (Hummels?) to replace him.

Thank you Vida.

Well this makes CB position a problem, although it was obvious for a while now, which makes it even more weird why the club did not act on it more decisively. Rio and Vidic have no knees, Evra isn't what he once was either. WHat makes it much worse all 3 are key backroom personalities and I think they all captained the squad on various occasions. Going to be insanely hard to replace entire defense as well as entire leadership in one summer.

Very sad to see Vida leaving club. Club legend and his defensive pairing with Rio was just awesome. They had everything.

Hopefully now we will see Jones as CB more often and also Smalling. Their development is stalled because of them moving all over the places.

Vidic and Evra for 12 Million, one of the Fergie's best ever buys. Absolute world class players.

I'm really sad that Vidic is moving on.. ****, but he's one of our legends. And excellent player, and a natural leader. You'd know the defense was in safe hands when Vidic was present, simply because he gave 100% without bothering what happened to him. An excellent player who'll be sorely missed.

So, no Vidic, Rio and Evra. A major rehauling required now. Probably Jones and Smalling to CB, although Smalling doesn't fill one with too much confidence. Probably bring in a WC CB also (We were reportedly looking at Mateo Musacchio for CB). If we can get someone like Hummels, it'd be fabulous (He was always present in United, when I managed them in FIFA 13), but I doubt it'd happen. Dede was what was talked about the most..

So if nothing out of the ordinary happens we will be losing Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra and possibly Giggs next season. That is a massive loss in terms of experience and leadership quality they can all bring. We have to be really careful and wise in the market next summer, and it will have a huge impact on the success of our incoming years.

Back