The Manchester United Thread

From a neutral's pov, you can dial down the indignation a bit, it does get a bit tedious to read and spoils the thread. If the Arsenal thread was all about 'we've not won anything for almost a decade!' day in, day out, I'd be a bit bored of it after a day or two. Utd are rebuilding, it's a transition season, it doesn't even better if you get 4th or not (the money is still there for a goode rebuild). Let Mata, Roon, Janu and RVP click and I'm expecting you lot to go on a charge. If you're still in the running for 4th and you're in your "worst season" for two decades, then being a Utd fan can't be that hard, can it?

I am not looking forward to seeing them against my club that's for sure. It'll be brutal

dont think you have anything to worry about unless you play like you did in the pool game

Unfortunately, injuries are surfacing again as per the norm-as yet there's no news on the Lukaku injury

[video=youtube;lT68Fx11ocw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lT68Fx11ocw[/video]

Everyone forgotten this so quickly? 2:36.

The players should be reminded of what he said from 4:00 onwards

Oh dear see zzezzy has had a bit of a meltdown, if any of you are feeling the same way as him in this thread (hope that you are not) you want to try being a leeds fan right now we have no idea what the **** is going on I am seriously worried about what is going on at my club. United will be back they're the come back kings.

It will get better under Moyes | Stretty News

Excellent, excellent article. Everything the pro-Moyes people here have been saying.

I hope to god certain individuals read that article and take it in. Great piece of writing and full of common sense.

Saying that, how do you change the minds of people who don't care and what DM out regardless? Meh. More fool them

I hope to god certain individuals read that article and take it in. Great piece of writing and full of common sense.

Saying that, how do you change the minds of people who don't care and what DM out regardless? Meh. More fool them

You can't, really. As long as the match going fans continue their support, which they will, he'll be fine.

It's amazing the level of baseless scaremongering they'll go to just to get him out though. It's utterly pathetic. They all sat back and laughed as Chelsea went through managers like a prozzy through kegs, and they turn out 1000x worse when it's themselves.

Obviously so. If they forget the words of a legendary manager so quick they should support somebody else. Makes me sad to think they obviously won't listen to such wise words of a legend who speaks so much incredible sense.

I disagree with this. You can hear the support Moyes gets from Match going fans even on TV. They are just great, even when we were losing they were cheering for Moyes.

People can call ManUtd match goers as whatever they want (day trippers, not from Manchester or what ever **** it is) but they are class and to cheer for Manager when he has taken the Champions to 7th place says something about them.

I disagree with this. You can hear the support Moyes gets from Match going fans even on TV. They are just great, even when we were losing they were cheering for Moyes.

People can call ManUtd match goers as whatever they want (day trippers, not from Manchester or what ever **** it is) but they are class and to cheer for Manager when he has taken the Champions to 7th place says something about them.

No I meant there's some segments who have it in for DM from day one and pay little heed to SAF's announcements, or chose to forget what he said due to personal agenda. There's definately the fans with common sense totally agree, but there's also the ones who are batshit crazy.

Similar to the lot we have who don't have a clue what they're talking about/have stupidly short memories.

Should've made that point a bit clearer.

Last edited:

You must be going the wrong stadium mate. Not as bad as the Arsenal fans albeit.

http://strettynews.com/a-new-unacceptable-low/

Ironically from the same website. Do they just let anyone sign up and post there or what?

Last edited:
You must be going the wrong stadium mate. Not as bad as the Arsenal fans albeit.

Even when 3-0 down against Chelsea, ManUtd were chanting Moyes name. I didn't talk about general atmosphere, it's about ManUtd fans chanting Moyes name in every game when we are losing.

Not sure about the link, I hope you know that different writers have different opinions and both can be part of same site.

A new, unacceptable low | Stretty News

Ironically from the same website. Do they just let anyone sign up and post there or what?

The support has been there but hasn't exactly been unconditional ... Remember how fast OT cleared out when Swansea scored that last-minute goal in the FA Cup? Never seen a stadium clear out so fast before

A new, unacceptable low | Stretty News

It even tells you at the bottom of the one I linked to read that one for contrast..

This article was contributed by Richard Laverty. Follow @JournoRich on Twitter and read this article of some contrast which SN published following the 2-1 defeat at Stoke. Make your own mind up.

ODE TO DAVIE

Oh Davie Davie,

You took charge of Manchester United and began the post-transfer window era by setting out your stall with the triplet talents of Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Now, those three players, on form and with confidence could play with real invention and effectiveness. Rooney can offer strength and goals, Van Persie has a decisiveness about his play that is rarely seen outside of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Juan Mata has the incisive passing and real joy to his play that United desperately need and which could lift the whole team and the United fans behind you.
Adnan Januzaj committed himself to the club only recently, and he is there, ready to learn from these players, blessed with natural talent seen in players that young so rarely. That is a combination of players that would excite any viewer, and intimidate any defence.
So hello Ashley Young, who contributed nothing but a successful shot against Cardiff City, and who inexplicably started again on the left wing against Stoke City. Hello right winger Juan Mata, shunted out away from effectiveness and isolated from Van Persie and Rooney, up front and away from the midfield.

Oh Davie Davie

Now, that midfield doesn't technically exist for Manchester United so you, at a stroke, f*cked everything up. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie were all there, but in the wrong place.

Oh, Davie Davie

It's like putting a slice of bread in between a slice of ham on one side and lettuce on the other.

Yes, you wer unlucky to have so many injuries in one match, and the wind was absurd, and maybe Jonathan Walters should have been sent off, but if you set up a team of such attacking quality, play long ball, and leave Januzaj to be good-looking on the bench for 90 minutes, you get what you deserve, transfer window balls up or no transfer window balls up.

Tick tock, tick tock Davie Davie (or it would have been tick tock if the people upstairs realise how misguided it is to give you "time" when you dont show ANYTHING that shows you know how to turn us around - oh wait, YOU EVEN WENT AND ADMITTED THIS AFTER THE MATCH)!

Love Utd hate Davie anyone?

It even tells you at the bottom of the one I linked to read that one for contrast..

This article was contributed by Richard Laverty. Follow @JournoRich on Twitter and read this article of some contrast which SN published following the 2-1 defeat at Stoke. Make your own mind up.

So you're arguing that the people that want Moyes out are clueless idiots, but then defending them stating everyones entitled to their own opinion?

Back