The Manchester United Thread

Oh Davie Davie,

You took charge of Manchester United and began the post-transfer window era by setting out your stall with the triplet talents of Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Now, those three players, on form and with confidence could play with real invention and effectiveness. Rooney can offer strength and goals, Van Persie has a decisiveness about his play that is rarely seen outside of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Juan Mata has the incisive passing and real joy to his play that United desperately need and which could lift the whole team and the United fans behind you.
Adnan Januzaj committed himself to the club only recently, and he is there, ready to learn from these players, blessed with natural talent seen in players that young so rarely. That is a combination of players that would excite any viewer, and intimidate any defence.
So hello Ashley Young, who contributed nothing but a successful shot against Cardiff City, and who inexplicably started again on the left wing against Stoke City. Hello right winger Juan Mata, shunted out away from effectiveness and isolated from Van Persie and Rooney, up front and away from the midfield.

Oh Davie Davie

Now, that midfield doesn't technically exist for Manchester United so you, at a stroke, f*cked everything up. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie were all there, but in the wrong place.

Oh, Davie Davie

It's like putting a slice of bread in between a slice of ham on one side and lettuce on the other.

Yes, you wer unlucky to have so many injuries in one match, and the wind was absurd, and maybe Jonathan Walters should have been sent off, but if you set up a team of such attacking quality, play long ball, and leave Januzaj to be good-looking on the bench for 90 minutes, you get what you deserve, transfer window balls up or no transfer window balls up.

Tick tock, tick tock Davie Davie (or it would have been tick tock if the people upstairs realise how misguided it is to give you "time" when you dont show ANYTHING that shows you know how to turn us around - oh wait, YOU EVEN WENT AND ADMITTED THIS AFTER THE MATCH)!

Love Utd hate Davie anyone?

Are you zzezzy in disguise?

So you're arguing that the people that want Moyes out are clueless idiots, but then defending them stating everyones entitled to their own opinion?

Is that a bad thing? Sounds like the best sort of situation.

Oh Davie Davie,

You took charge of Manchester United and began the post-transfer window era by setting out your stall with the triplet talents of Juan Mata, Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
Now, those three players, on form and with confidence could play with real invention and effectiveness. Rooney can offer strength and goals, Van Persie has a decisiveness about his play that is rarely seen outside of Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi. Juan Mata has the incisive passing and real joy to his play that United desperately need and which could lift the whole team and the United fans behind you.
Adnan Januzaj committed himself to the club only recently, and he is there, ready to learn from these players, blessed with natural talent seen in players that young so rarely. That is a combination of players that would excite any viewer, and intimidate any defence.
So hello Ashley Young, who contributed nothing but a successful shot against Cardiff City, and who inexplicably started again on the left wing against Stoke City. Hello right winger Juan Mata, shunted out away from effectiveness and isolated from Van Persie and Rooney, up front and away from the midfield.

Oh Davie Davie

Now, that midfield doesn't technically exist for Manchester United so you, at a stroke, f*cked everything up. Mata, Rooney and Van Persie were all there, but in the wrong place.

Oh, Davie Davie

It's like putting a slice of bread in between a slice of ham on one side and lettuce on the other.

Yes, you wer unlucky to have so many injuries in one match, and the wind was absurd, and maybe Jonathan Walters should have been sent off, but if you set up a team of such attacking quality, play long ball, and leave Januzaj to be good-looking on the bench for 90 minutes, you get what you deserve, transfer window balls up or no transfer window balls up.

Tick tock, tick tock Davie Davie (or it would have been tick tock if the people upstairs realise how misguided it is to give you "time" when you dont show ANYTHING that shows you know how to turn us around - oh wait, YOU EVEN WENT AND ADMITTED THIS AFTER THE MATCH)!

Love Utd hate Davie anyone?

First rate garbage.

The people who love Utd truly are giving DM the chance, echoing what SAF said in his farewell speech. To hate the manager so openly is just incredibly stupid and makes things worse. Yes mistakes have been made, as stated over and over and over and over-you get the picture.

And it's also spelt were not wer. smh

So you're arguing that the people that want Moyes out are clueless idiots, but then defending them stating everyones entitled to their own opinion?

Congratulations on figuring out that I do indeed believe in freedom of speech.

The squad is aging and in need of an overhaul. In David de Gea we have a goalkeeper who in my opinion go on to be the best in the world. Rafael has shown he is a very good right back however this season due to injuries and frustration we are seeing the erratic Rafael circa 2010.

My main issue is the nucleus of the team. Central midfield is obviously a big problem, at CB we haven't had a commanding, consistent partnership. Rio and Vidic are not up to the standards they used to be at. Rio for me is finished, Vidic is still capable but I think he'll go at the end of the season. Evans has fantastic reading / understanding of the game. He's capable of bringing the ball out of defence and has grown in his stature over the last 2 years. Jones since he moved hasn't made one single position his own - for United and England. I'd like to see him and Evans get a run together with Smalling being the third choice.

The best teams have always had a strong core which you can rely on. We haven't had since 2009. We've had the strikers to win us games but the level of dominance isn't there.

From the squad that was part of the 07/08 PL and CL winning season the following players are still on United's books:
Ferdinand - 35
Vidic - 32
Evra - 32
Carrick - 32
Giggs - 40
Rooney - 28
Nani - 27
Fletcher - 30
Anderson - 25

The players in bold have all had a role within that core in the middle since then which could have and in my opinion should have been strengthened before the arrival of Moyes. Rooney is an exception obviously. Evra has been below par as a defender for 2 years and Nani hasn't sustained the form of 2009-2011. I like him as a player but he's been too inconsistent to be a first choice and I believe he'll go in the summer.

We need to improve the central areas in defence and midfield quickly in the summer. If we pay 30-35m for a top midfielder who'll give us 7-10 years of service then it'll be well worth it. A LB will also be needed in the summer and this is one position which from Moyes's actions show will be sorted quickly.

We have the attacking players to play a modern, fluid, cohesive style. Mata, Januzaj, Kagawa, Rooney can all interchange and link up. If Van Persie stays we'll have a top striker to feed off these guys. Welbeck is a good player but at the moment needs to be a rotation option. Hernandez is a quality finisher but his overall game - whilst improved isn't good enough to hold the line on his own now. However I am of the belief that if this system of football is used more regularly then he will thrive upon it with his sharp movements.

And it's also spelt were not wer. smh

Oooh mate sorry for obviously dropping an e from were in the speed of typing - MAJOR faux pas on my part for which I profusely apologise.

1. Yes SAF is godly and a wizard and I adore him but he does make mistakes (rarely).
2. Frankly I dont know how matters can get worse than what is it 5 losses in 7 with a squad thats MUCH better than people seem to think.
3. Time will be given to him I know. And I know I tend to moan and complain too much (UTD KIDS WIFE in that order after all). And I wish Im wrong. But I cant believe that NOBODY (on this site at least) can see the big problem here: its not giving somebody "time". Thats a brill notion. Its MOYES not showing the capacity to utilise that time to improve. We have seen nothing of that so far(apart from Leverkusen maybe).
4. Im shocked that nobody (again on this site at least) has picked up a worrying trend in how MOYES speak. Three examples:
(a) We want Rooney when RVP is unfit (or words to that effect). (b) Prior to 2nd leg Sunderland (a home match against a -frankly- **** team!): "the least we should aim for is to be winning 1-0 after 90 minutes", (c) After Stoke "I dont know what we have to do to win" (I know what he means but - would any of the top Managers or even the top professionals in any field say such things?! - These are mere examples from many. Watch his press conferences, read what he says and you get an idea of why we have been so limp under him. He cant inspire the players/instill confidence in them for toffee.

Two more things:

1. My post was purposely confrontational in tone cos I wanted to inspire reaction.
2. Wont be moaning again for some time cos I now see its pointless.

Ill be in Manchester in a couple of weeks to watch some footy (last time was the Newcastle match) so Ill be able to sample the general feeling towards the chosen one first hand.

Oooh mate sorry for obviously dropping an e from were in the speed of typing - MAJOR faux pas on my part for which I profusely apologise.

1. Yes SAF is godly and a wizard and I adore him but he does make mistakes (rarely).
2. Frankly I dont know how matters can get worse than what is it 5 losses in 7 with a squad thats MUCH better than people seem to think.
3. Time will be given to him I know. And I know I tend to moan and complain too much (UTD KIDS WIFE in that order after all). And I wish Im wrong. But I cant believe that NOBODY (on this site at least) can see the big problem here: its not giving somebody "time". Thats a brill notion. Its MOYES not showing the capacity to utilise that time to improve. We have seen nothing of that so far(apart from Leverkusen maybe).
4. Im shocked that nobody (again on this site at least) has picked up a worrying trend in how MOYES speak. Three examples:
(a) We want Rooney when RVP is unfit (or words to that effect). (b) Prior to 2nd leg Sunderland (a home match against a -frankly- **** team!): "the least we should aim for is to be winning 1-0 after 90 minutes", (c) After Stoke "I dont know what we have to do to win" (I know what he means but - would any of the top Managers or even the top professionals in any field say such things?! - These are mere examples from many. Watch his press conferences, read what he says and you get an idea of why we have been so limp under him. He cant inspire the players/instill confidence in them for toffee.

Two more things:

1. My post was purposely confrontational in tone cos I wanted to inspire reaction.
2. Wont be moaning again for some time cos I now see its pointless.

Ill be in Manchester in a couple of weeks to watch some footy (last time was the Newcastle match) so Ill be able to sample the general feeling towards the chosen one first hand.

you will get confrontation because you are quite frankly posting utter bollocks

also people on this site have discussed the big problems at great length if you cannot see that then maybe you fail to realise what the big problem is

Last edited:
Yawn. You guys have so much free time. Try do something useful with it, like save the world.

Ps. our right back on u21 ( Janko I think) is playing amazing.

To be honest I have no time for anyone who gets angry with his own fans for NOT booing the manager. That's mental. Roonaldo your views fall similar to mine. He needs to get an LB and CM in immediately, then let players go, then replace said players.

Congratulations on figuring out that I do indeed believe in freedom of speech.

Fair enough. But if I was at a game and fans were stupidly slagging the manager off I wouldn't be the first one to tell them to sit down and shut up, they don't know what they're talking about. The last thing I'd say to him would be "you're entitled to your opinion, mate".

How can you say giving time is a good notion, and then put a time limit on what you expect him to have learnt? That makes literally no sense.

The Rooney quote got twisted. All he was saying was that if RVP (Our best striker) gets injured then Rooney (Who doesn't play as a striker when RVP plays) will cover for him. And yes, he has said some odd things, but he's also began to show some more balls this last month. And it's not sackable in any way.

Fair enough. But if I was at a game and fans were stupidly slagging the manager off I wouldn't be the first one to tell them to sit down and shut up, they don't know what they're talking about. The last thing I'd say to him would be "you're entitled to your opinion, mate".

There is a difference between those who even handedly criticise, and those who want to just bury the manager. Imagine if those who did nothing but slag off had got their way? Sometimes you just have to let it slide and hope cooler and smarter heads prevail, as they did in your case.

Really don't get what you're getting at. Just because I think someone's entitled to think what they think doesn't mean I'd just let them get on with it if I disagreed. If I think they're a ****, it's my opinion that they're a ****, and I'll call them a ****.

That Rooney quote NEVER happened. what he said, and what Sky and others wrote are two different things. The word "back-up" was never once used for Rooney. The word "key" was used 11 times. Guess what they chose to say instead?

I am Brit, still at work (BT sport) I'm working on the Genoa vs Sampdoria game that is currently on

Oh. You work at BT. You won't mind if my bill gets "delayed" then as a result of financial problems? KK cheers :D

Back