The Manchester United Thread

Oh yeh about that... why would Moyes say earlier in the season Vidic is the best defender he's ever worked with and then when it comes to February... it's a decision we "mutually agreed".

Not only are we losing our captain.. we now have another huge gap to fill in the summer a long with nearly every other position it seems.
Vidic is one of the best we've ever had, but there is no doubt he isn't as good as he is. The injuries to his knee have really done a number on him., and we have an excellent young defender who needs to start playing there.

Play Jones alongside Vidic... you need experience at the back still. Just because he is declining a bit doesn't mean to say he isn't a better option than Smalling and Evans.
Evans is our best defender this season. Not like he lacks experience.

Play Jones alongside Vidic... you need experience at the back still. Just because he is declining a bit doesn't mean to say he isn't a better option than Smalling and Evans.

Evans has outperformed Vidic massively this season. He's the only defender I have the remotest bit of confidence in to not **** something up.

Hm

0ea31be027ccadb6c02e34bf84521bb7.png

Evans is our best defender this season. Not like he lacks experience.

Doesn't say much to be honest considering how bad the defence has been. I think Vidic going is another problem we could do without this season.

This summer is going to be near impossible to fix every big problem the way it's going.

Doesn't say much to be honest considering how bad the defence has been. I think Vidic going is another problem we could do without this season.

This summer is going to be near impossible to fix every big problem the way it's going.
Evans has actually been very good. One of the few who can say he's been having a good season. Vidic coming to the end is always a problem, regardless of if he stays or not.

Dunno why but I can't help but feel sorry for Moyes... despite wanting to be super-annoyed with him. I think that week away from this forum has damaged me!

He literally has no luck at all whatsoever.

If you take away all the goals utd have conceded this season beyond the 80th minute they would currently be 5th only 2 points behind Liverpool! Real crucial points dropped in that fight to try and get into the top four.

Dunno why but I can't help but feel sorry for Moyes... despite wanting to be super-annoyed with him. I think that week away from this forum has damaged me!

No one will say he is blameless. But he simply cannot catch any kind of break. Who loses two centrebacks in 35 minutes?!

In this kind of situation you need a bit of luck. When everything goes against to boot, you must wonder which God you ****** off.

If you take away all the goals utd have conceded this season beyond the 80th minute they would currently be 5th only 2 points behind Liverpool! Real crucial points dropped in that fight to try and get into the top four.
This only upsets me more.

It's just so strange seeing utd concede late equalisers/winning goals when my whole life I have gotten used to seeing them score those goals.

It's amazing what confidence can do in football... it's clear to see there is not much at this moment.

Out of curiosity, where would Liverpool be if they hadn't conceded goals in the last 10?

Thats a bit of a extreme statement considering that the only reason you came away with a point was because Richardson decides to miss the easiest of chances and Carrick's shot took a wicked deflection ... That said Moyes could do with a bit of luck definitely but it's not like the all the gods are against him or something

Thats a bit of a extreme statement considering that the only reason you came away with a point was because Richardson decides to miss the easiest of chances and Carrick's shot took a wicked deflection ... That said Moyes could do with a bit of luck definitely but it's not like the all the gods are against him or something

The only reason we came away with a point was to do with luck you're saying?
The only reason we didn't have a cricket score was because of luck then.. If our players were in the right place at the right time we would have scored loads :)

Back