The Manchester United Thread

The only reason we came away with a point was to do with luck you're saying?
The only reason we didn't have a cricket score was because of luck then.. If our players were in the right place at the right time we would have scored loads :)

Never meant that ... All I was pointing out was that luck has gone United's way despite suggestions on this thread that United are not catching a break

Never meant that ... All I was pointing out was that luck has gone United's way despite suggestions on this thread that United are not catching a break

What luck are you talking about?

Penalty shout turned down, RVP missing chance in the extra time, Hernandez shot above the past from 2 yards, RVP blasting off target from 2 yards when no one market him, RVP low drilled cross which missed Rooney by whisker, Mata's shot just inches wide off the post, Fulham keeper's wonder save from Rooney's shot, Vidic header straight to the keeper, Young heading countless times to the far post but missing by yard or 2.. You can go for whole day..

If you are talking about Richardson's chance and keep ignoring all the easy chances we missed then it's so obvious what are you trying to do.

What luck are you talking about?

Penalty shout turned down, RVP missing chance in the extra time, Hernandez shot above the past from 2 yards, RVP blasting off target from 2 yards when no one market him, RVP low drilled cross which missed Rooney by whisker, Mata's shot just inches wide off the post, Fulham keeper's wonder save from Rooney's shot, Vidic header straight to the keeper, Young heading countless times to the far post but missing by yard or 2.. You can go for whole day..

If you are talking about Richardson's chance and keep ignoring all the easy chances we missed then it's so obvious what are you trying to do.

When did I ever say I am ignoring everything else?? **** I even said that Moyes needs some luck ... All I am doing is pointing out that luck hasn't exactly been a one-way street as some people have been suggesting in this thread. United have had their fair share of luck too

When did I ever say I am ignoring everything else?? **** I even said that Moyes needs some luck ... All I am doing is pointing out that luck hasn't exactly been a one-way street as some people have been suggesting in this thread. United have had their fair share of luck too

Nope.

You just pointed out Richardson's chance and said luck has gone United's way in the post quoted.

Wonder goal from Charlie Adam and a wicked deflection against Stoke (from a questionable free kick) when we kept on playing ping ball in their box, Penalty denied against Chelsea when it was 1-0, penalty denied against Spurs for foul against Young, hitting post against Newcastle, Everton (IIRC), Stoke and many other teams when we were struggling for goals, clear penalty denied against Arsenal (even though we won the game). ManUtd fans are not moaning about decisions as our performance has been dire.

Nope.

You just pointed out Richardson's chance and said luck has gone United's way in the post quoted.

Wonder goal from Charlie Adam and a wicked deflection against Stoke (from a questionable free kick) when we kept on playing ping ball in their box, Penalty denied against Chelsea when it was 1-0, penalty denied against Spurs for foul against Young, hitting post against Newcastle, Everton (IIRC), Stoke and many other teams when we were struggling for goals, clear penalty denied against Arsenal (even though we won the game). ManUtd fans are not moaning about decisions as our performance has been dire.

Not sure what you hope to achieve by spewing out all these controversial decisions as I already accepted from the start that United need some luck. My post was in relation to zzeezy's who said that United need to catch a break despite the fact that they had luck go their way as well

Not sure you even know what you post..

Yup. The Rooney we used to love. If only Evra showed half as much desire to get back a few extra yards for the 2nd goal..

Loved that celebration, hopefully he stays for long time and breaks every record.

It's such a shame that Moyes knows only one way of attacking, Rooney, Mata, RVP and Januzaj is a dream upfront and Carrick played with balls yesterday (maybe twitter questions worked him up a little). There is no way we should have used just crossing as a weapon. Fletcher also played some very good passes and with little work we could attack teams in many ways, shame Moyes is stuck with cross till we score and defend deep tactics.

I would be as happy as anyone if Moyes wins leagues and cups but from what I have seen till now, I', losing all the confidence in him. We don't have a CM was a valid excuse but yesterday Carrick and Fletcher were better than anyone Fulham have and still we played **** tactics and not even a single attack through middle.

Read again maybe you'll understand or else I will be forced to conclude that you have been 'dispossed' of common logic

You said luck has gone United's way and I posted why it wasn't. Or are you denying that also? Wouldn't be surprised if you did as you don't have a clue on what you post and talk.

Oh spell mistake, only retards care about spell mistakes/grammar on an online forum and especially when someone clearly said it was copied from other forum. Btw I'm not surprised.

Did you honestly not expect the club to give him a proper window to sign his own players after one season? If not you really don't know our club well.
Because last summer isn't a proper window? Just because we are Man Utd we should give an incompetent manager more money and time to waste and continue to be irrelevant next season? Come on, its time to come back to reality. The reality is that in 2014, we have 3 wins (including a penalty loss against Sunderland harharhar), 1 draw and 5 losses. Despite this everyone still act as if it's all fine and dandy in Manchester.

I'm starting to wonder if Moyes is bigger than the club despite just being the manager for a few months. There is 0 expectations for him in his first season (he can perform to whatever standards he want and he will still keep his job) and even after a dismal season people will still always back him and he will get his second season while collecting his 5m per year salary. Some are even saying that he should be handed a massive warchest next window. All this without doing a single thing that convinced anyone he is capable of managing at the top level. It's always the fault of the 20 players in the squad, but never the manager. So let's change all of them and let Moyes rebuild his own team. Yep, let's do it.

You said luck has gone United's way and I posted why it wasn't. Or are you denying that also? Wouldn't be surprised if you did as you don't have a clue on what you post and talk.

Oh spell mistake, only retards care about spell mistakes/grammar on an online forum and especially when someone clearly said it was copied from other forum. Btw I'm not surprised.

Luck has gone United's way ... That's what I was pointing out as some one here were complaining that United were solely on the receiving end of bad luck. You are basically posting that it has also gone against United. These two things can co-exist, it doesn't have to be one way or the other as you presume. Read the posts again. Zzeezy clearly says that United need a break. I argue that they have caught a break as the could very well have lost the Fulham game. Fulham also caught a break because your finishing was *****. They can co-exist

Its funny that just because your brain is unable to grasp my post, you turn it around and accuse me of not knowing what I post or talk. ****

Also I don't really care about spelling mistakes. I was genuinely confused about what that stat was since it was misspelled rather badly so in the end, it affects the veracity of your own post. Of course instead of correcting it, you merely decide to ignore it and leave it with a vague 'sigh' as if somehow i was at fault before changing the topic

You never were like this so I can only assume that United's performances this season has affected your general demenaour in a negative way. Get well soon :)

Last edited:
Luck has gone United's way ... That's what I was pointing out as some one here were complaining that United were solely on the receiving end of bad luck. You are basically posting that it has also gone against United. These two things can co-exist, it doesn't have to be one way or the other as you presume. Read the posts again. Zzeezy clearly says that United need a break. I argue that they have caught a break as the could very well have lost the Fulham game. Fulham also caught a break because your finishing was *****. They can co-exist

And I pointed out it didn't go our way, one small incident won't change that and to back up my point I have posted incidents that could have gone either way which changed the results.

Its funny that just because your brain is unable to grasp my post, you turn it around and accuse me of not knowing what I post or talk. ****

Because you don't have a point and you just keep on going on something that only god knows.

Also I don't really care about spelling mistakes. I was genuinely confused about what that stat was since it was misspelled rather badly so in the end, it affects the veracity of your own post. Of course instead of correcting it, you merely decide to ignore it and leave it with a vague 'sigh' as if somehow i was at fault before changing the topic

Only people with IQ half of chimps would not know what that word meant and it was a spell mistake, saying that I'm not surprised that you didn't know or understood what that stat/word meant.

You never were like this so I can only assume that United's performances this season has affected your general demenaour in a negative way. Get well soon :)

Maybe because you didn't act like **** before this season when we were winning and you were having good times with sacking managers.

Last edited:
Enough with the bickering. This thread has already been ruined-don't degrade it further with petulant bickering. Put handbags away and move on.

Because last summer isn't a proper window? Just because we are Man Utd we should give an incompetent manager more money and time to waste and continue to be irrelevant next season? Come on, its time to come back to reality. The reality is that in 2014, we have 3 wins (including a penalty loss against Sunderland harharhar), 1 draw and 5 losses. Despite this everyone still act as if it's all fine and dandy in Manchester.

I'm starting to wonder if Moyes is bigger than the club despite just being the manager for a few months. There is 0 expectations for him in his first season (he can perform to whatever standards he want and he will still keep his job) and even after a dismal season people will still always back him and he will get his second season while collecting his 5m per year salary. Some are even saying that he should be handed a massive warchest next window. All this without doing a single thing that convinced anyone he is capable of managing at the top level. It's always the fault of the 20 players in the squad, but never the manager. So let's change all of them and let Moyes rebuild his own team. Yep, let's do it.

As much as I don't want to say there is some truth in it. All the players can't turn bad overnight. FFS Tim Sherwood turned Spurs season and they are scoring goals freely and tbh playing some nice stuff but we have champions squad playing so poorly that we don't even have top 4 aspirations now.

Like I said this season is a write off now and (not saying we should) if we going to part with Moyes then we should do it in mid season so that new manager will have time to assess the squad and decide ins and out.

p.s Not saying Moyes should be sacked, just saying if at all we are thinking about doing it in summer then it's a mistake, we could save some time. And don't ask me who is available as I don't have a clue.

And I pointed out it didn't go our way, one small incident won't change that and to back up my point I have posted incidents that could have gone either way which changed the results.

Because you don't have a point and you just keep on going on something that only god knows.

Only people with IQ half of chimps would not know what that word meant and it was a spell mistake, saying that I'm not surprised that you didn't know or understood what that stat/word meant.

Maybe because you didn't act like **** before this season when we were winning and you were having good times with sacking managers.

'IQ half of chimps' .... Great sentence structure bro. Was just clarifying what it meant anyways since you copied and pasted it from Redcafe where something like that word can mean absolutely anything. Anyways, I am just pointing out that United have had luck go their way. Something which you yourself admit so I am not really sure what's your point tbh. I think it's fairly obvious that you are ****** off at United's poor performances this season and find the need to take it out on me by arguing on some fairly obvious and mundane posts and throwing in some personal insults for good measure ...'You do not understand what you are talking or posting' etc.

Why don't you guys just ban Alcaraz from this topic?
He's always de-railling this thread making it over 10 pages of bullshit till he's quiet for 2 days to start over again.

Well no, because you you got give the manager the first season to know all his players, he went out and gave everyone a chance. He was going to need more than one season. And no one is acting all dine and dandy either, they just arent falling to pieces.

The irony of you telling me to come back to reality and then writing that. Firstly no one has ever said it's not his fault. Secondly if you dont think he (or any manager) needs a massive warchest for the rebuild, then you're on crack because we need about 5 players.

What you dont think any new manager was not going to rebuild this team. Open your eyes mate, 3 of our back line alone are creaking (Rio is already semi retired). We dont have a strong mid, and our wide players bar Mata and Januzaj are flaky to say the least.

The only possible way he goes is if somehow he has a colossal meltdown with key members with long term futures at the club (Evans, Mata, Jones, Welbeck, Januajaz, De Gea etc)

Good that we have midweek game so that we can put this performance behind but when it's Arsenal you just have to worry. They will for sure try to make a big statement and will play at much higher tempo. Fulham attacked us twice or thrice and scored 2 goals, not sure how many will Arsenal score.

Maybe it's time to play Kagawa or Rooney in a midfield 3 and Kagawa/Rooney/RVP/Mata uptop in a 4-3-3 set up.

Back