The Manchester United Thread

So you are saying you weren't playing for a draw in first half? Bollocks. Like I said, I don't agree on all that 'negative', 'positive' football. Why should attacking be more important than defense?
And you should expect playmaker to drop deep, especially when the other team is defending so deep.

If we were playing for a draw, we wouldn't have attacked at all, and we wouldn't have played two out and out strikers.

Fine, but then don't accuse us of playing negatively and dropping our forwards deep when you're doing exactly the same thing.

----------------------------

Rooney's goal was a ******* worldy, utterly unsaveable. Harsh on us. Neither team's deserved more than a point, but a terrible challenge by Chamakh and that moment of world class brilliance from Rooney has decided that, so it's fair enough.

If we were playing for a draw, we wouldn't have attacked at all, and we wouldn't have played two out and out strikers.

Fine, but then don't accuse us of playing negatively and dropping our forwards deep when you're doing exactly the same thing.

----------------------------

Rooney's goal was a ******* worldy, utterly unsaveable. Harsh on us. Neither team's deserved more than a point, but a terrible challenge by Chamakh and that moment of world class brilliance from Rooney has decided that, so it's fair enough.

Talking to you about Palace is just like talking to Zezy about Moyes. I'll try to avoid commenting on CP games.

Chamakh is absolutely awful. Can't believe he's paid to be a footballer.

Talking to you about Palace is just like talking to Zezy about Moyes. I'll try to avoid commenting on CP games.

Just don't debate full stop. The number of times that guy has pwned me in debates.... lol

Surprisingly decent performance and tried to play through the middle almost everytime.

Hopefully this is just a start from Fellaini, had a good game today.

Surprisingly decent performance and tried to play through the middle almost everytime.

Carrick had around 150 successful passes. Fellaini almost 100. Also Mata was close to 100 as well. It was great passing performance for sure, as well as composure on the ball, but still we should have created more. Yes, we deserved a win, but only by a goal margin.

Carrick had around 150 successful passes. Fellaini almost 100. Also Mata was close to 100 as well. It was great passing performance for sure, as well as composure on the ball, but still we should have created more. Yes, we deserved a win, but only by a goal margin.

Yeah lacked ideas in the final third but some of the passing game was good to watch and it involved Mata and Rooney everytime, especially Mata, he just took control of the second half. He was everywhere. Wish we introduced Kagawa for RVP around 70th min mark to see some sexy football.

Yeah lacked ideas in the final third but some of the passing game was good to watch and it involved Mata and Rooney everytime, especially Mata, he just took control of the second half. He was everywhere. Wish we introduced Kagawa for RVP around 70th min mark to see some sexy football.

By default, this is kind of a game Kagawa would impact massively. But he had those kind of games and he usually was mediocre. He'll probably get some time against Olympiacos, but I'm afraid he's at the bottom of the midfield chain.

Hm. Hope you realise the common denominator in this situation is you, and what that implies...

Definitely. The midfield battle was pretty competitive today, but Fellaini stood out. One of the best players on the pitch offensively and defensively. Helped that he was getting forward a little more, he seems more comfortable doing that.

Nothing personal mate.

And to add to the opinion that Palace were playing for a draw... they most certainly weren't.

I know! For what it's worth I disagree, he's done well for us at the kind of hard working holdup role Pulis loves his forwards to do. Occasionally he does go full ****** and falls over his own feet but that's part of his charm. Clinical forwards are boring, I love me some halfwit beanpole.

Just replace Mata with Kagawa and play Rafa at RB and swap Smalling for Ferdienand and were good for the win on Tuesday night :)

Just replace Mata with Kagawa and play Rafa at RB and swap Smalling for Ferdienand and were good for the win on Tuesday night :)

Might be tempted to give Vidic a rest too. He was pretty atrocious today. He's always had more difficulty with quick and tricky forwards, but after today where he kept fouling Glenn Murray of all people perhaps it's for the best that he's on his way out.

I know! For what it's worth I disagree, he's done well for us at the kind of hard working holdup role Pulis loves his forwards to do. Occasionally he does go full ****** and falls over his own feet but that's part of his charm. Clinical forwards are boring, I love me some halfwit beanpole.

Haha yeah. To be fair I only saw 20 minutes of the game. And in that time he fell over his own feet and gave away a clumsy penalty. I'm sure he did well otherwise.

**** it, weekend feels shallow and empty without Moyes jokes.

"It isn’t always the best teams that get to the final in Europe. Liverpool in 2005 gives us hope."

Go on Moyesy.

"It isn’t always the best teams that get to the final in Europe. Liverpool in 2005 gives us hope."

Go on Moyesy.

Ouch, I don't know if comparing his squad to the worst team ever to win the Champions League is very encouraging. :P

Back